Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] arurry@gmail.com is offline

Default Dalton Lathes

I just un packed my fathers dalton lathe after 11 years in storage. All cleaned up . A few minor repairs. I have tones of tooling with it . And gear sets etc.
9x3 . Where is the serial number normally located?
Also I need instruction about how to use the gears etc and thread cut.

It has two drives. One threaded , one slotted. There is a thread counter/ index my father made. As a kid I remember using this lathe and cutting threads using the counter. But I cant remember enough... are manuals available?