Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Burnin' down my BP (how I know there is a god...)

Awl--

I have empirical (probabilistic) proof that there is a god:

My life could not *possibly* be *this miserable* by *chance alone*--this
**** has GOT to be choreographed somehow... goodgawd....

So I just burntid out the goddamm electronics for the powerfeed on m'BP--a
BP powerfeed, in fact, w/ the BP ancient electronics (box on the BP base).

How did I do this??
Well, by once again NOT CHECKIN THE FUKN VOLTAGES!!!! Goddammmmmmm.......

You'da figgered I'da lernt from burnin down the Fadal, right??
Slow burner, I mean, lerner, apparently.

Turns out I had the high wild leg from the rpc connected to the 120 V
electronics, and...

AND.......
some fukn moron put a *25 AMP* g-d fuse in the electronics fuse holder!
Goddammm......

Put it all together, and POOF....

All this coulda been avoided, but now it's water under the g-d bridge.

Small silver lining to this:
I've yet to hook my Kalamazoo automatic cut-off saw, w/ it's own share of
electronics, which I now KNOW that I'm going to have to re-wire to avoid a
similar problem. What a pita, but forwarned now should avoid more smoke.
In general, it really is a pain, taking 208 V New York City stuff, and
running it outside of the city on 240 V w/ rotaries.

My Qs:

Any easy standard fix for this powerfeed?

If not, how bout this:

The power feed motor is a 90-100 VDC (ackshooly "90 VDC-A and 100 VDC-F",
whatever that means), and I just happen to have a bunch of 7 amp variacs and
a cupla full wave rectifiers.
Could I just put this motor on a kluged variable DC power supply and screw
the electronics stuff??

Also, I see a sight glass on the power feed. It's sorta crappy dirty. Any
way to clean this?
There doesn't seem to be drain for the oil, either. Just crack a bunch of
screws? What type oil?

TIA.

Oh, iny churches one might recommend?
I gotta start goin, before I lose the rest of my shop!
Ackshooly, the Wife's a Jehovah's Witness--no foolin--but I cain't hack that
stuff--too grueling, much too much reading'n'****.
Was thinkin of turning Jewish, mebbe picking up a trade or sumpn, mebbe in
the Garment Center in NYC--oi, yo.
Really dig the Pentecostals--wimmin rolling in the aisles, in Religious
Ecstacy (actually having orgasms, no foolin), is right up my alley--really
saves a lot of foreplay--but then the Wife would slap the **** out of me...
What else? Start my own church? Church of the Damned?? Yeah, g-d Banquer
and effing Harold could be apostles or sumpn.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Ron Moore

The DC motor is a shunt wound motor, 90 volts DC on the Armature and 100
volts DC on the Field winding. Yes, a Variac will work. Tap one Variac at
the 100 volt area (scrape the enamel off ONE winding and solder a lead to
it. That will supply the field voltage. (You could use the other Variac,
but why waste it when variable voltage is not needed for the field winding.)
The wiper contact can then be used to supply the armature. Feed the outputs
each through its own rectifier and you have your power controller. BE
AWARE, using a Variac to power a DC motor is not the same as a solid state
controller. As load increases on the Variac unit, speed will be reduced.
On a solid state controller, speed is more constant with varying torque
load.

The power feed motor is a 90-100 VDC (ackshooly "90 VDC-A and 100 VDC-F",
whatever that means), and I just happen to have a bunch of 7 amp variacs
and a cupla full wave rectifiers.
Could I just put this motor on a kluged variable DC power supply and screw
the electronics stuff??

As for finding God, you know where He is and how to talk to Him.
BTW, there's a great book of instructions going around.
Reaspectfully,
Ron Moore

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Appreciate the very excellent info! Will also try Ig's contact.

Would you know the colors of the wires of which we speak? Or how I can tell
the field winding from the armature? Resistance?
I took off two caps from what I thought would be carbon brushes, but
strangely, whatever is beneath the caps is *sealed*! Go figger...
Seems rubbery, could likely poke thru it, but I'm hesitant, at this point.
If I had access to the brushes, I could trace the armature wires that way, I
believe.

About dat book:
The wife clocks me with it about once a week.
Ahm hopin that when Armageddon gets here, I'll be able slip out with her, on
her coat tails.
Man, I hope she don't dump me...

But my deduction is correct, no? You cain't burn up a Fadal AND a
Bridgeport w/o some kind of outside help, right?
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Ron Moore" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:17:53 -0500, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

Small silver lining to this:
I've yet to hook my Kalamazoo automatic cut-off saw, w/ it's own share of
electronics, which I now KNOW that I'm going to have to re-wire to avoid a
similar problem. What a pita, but forwarned now should avoid more smoke.
In general, it really is a pain, taking 208 V New York City stuff, and
running it outside of the city on 240 V w/ rotaries.

My Qs:

Any easy standard fix for this powerfeed?

A couple of the fellas on RCM have done circuit diagrams of the
various models of the BP power feeds..yes..there are "several"

On the other hand..the import powerfeeds you get from MSC etc etc are
fairly cheap..and they are easy to install. I think even Harbor
Freight sells one for a couple hundred bucks.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

"Ignoramus27731" wrote in message
You can buy electronic DC motor drivers, ebay seller lisa_ctrsurplus
has them, I think. She is really good. Not too much money given what
you already spent.

wrote:
Awl--

I have empirical (probabilistic) proof that there is a god:

My life could not *possibly* be *this miserable* by *chance alone*--this
**** has GOT to be choreographed somehow... goodgawd....

Why not? You earned it!

So I just burntid out the goddamm electronics for the powerfeed on

m'BP--a
BP powerfeed, in fact, w/ the BP ancient electronics (box on the BP

base).

Chuckle!
I agree. Proof positive there's a God, and you're paying the price for your
amorality.

When you've lived as long as I have, you'll begin to understand there's a
price you pay for not doing the right thing. What you're experiencing is
typical of what happens to losers, and I'm loving it.

Repent!!! g

Harold

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 21:40:35 -0600, "Ron Moore"
wrote:

As for finding God, you know where He is and how to talk to Him.
BTW, there's a great book of instructions going around.

[
Reviews
_______

Quality of Work:
5. Leaps tall buildings in a single bound.
4. Leaps tall buildings with a running start.
3. Can leap short buildings with prodding.
2. Bumps into buildings.
1. Cannot recognize buildings.

Promptness:
5. Is faster than a speeding bullet.
4. Is as fast as a speeding bullet.
3. Would you believe a slow bullet?
2. Misfires frequently.
1. Wounds self when handling gun.

Initiative:
5. Is stronger than a locomotive.
4. Is as strong as a bull elephant.
3. Almost as strong as a bull.
2. Shoots the bull.
1. Smells like a bull.

Adaptability:
5. Walks on water.
4. Keeps head above water under stress.
3. Washes with water.
2. Drinks water.
1. Passes water in emergencies.

Communication:
5. Talks with God.
4. Talks with Angels.
3. Talks to self.
2. Argues with self.
1. Loses argument with self.
]
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Dear "1 in a trillion" Harold,

There is probably no greater testament to a complete (and in your case,
compleat) lack of character and backbone than someone who gloats.
And who is so clueless and shameless that they gloat gleefully, in public.
You can't understand this, but others likely will. The more you talk,
Harold, the more you reveal.

For those not in on this here enmity, check out the HD threads on rcm, and
my probability calculation--Harold the Rat then tries to save face w/ a yarn
that has about a 1 in a trillion likelihood of being true.
I myself did get a little carried away in those threads, but try and look
past that to the real issues... Actually some very good points were made
along the way by several people.

SVL, take a hint, bruh, deal w/ this sycophantic worm at your own peril--the
least little thing goes wrong, your ass is grass, and Harold is the
lawnmower. He will make that wretch that ratted you out look like a war
hero.

Harold, my whole house could burn down, and I'd still be grateful that we
are thousands of miles apart--on every level.
If you were to ever grok people's true opinions of little ****s such as
yourself, grok your true characterlessness, you'd likely do something
drastic.
Your very survival is your obliviousness--and unfortunately, an attendant
grating smugness.
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll