Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Burnin' down my BP (how I know there is a god...)

Appreciate the very excellent info! Will also try Ig's contact.

Would you know the colors of the wires of which we speak? Or how I can tell
the field winding from the armature? Resistance?
I took off two caps from what I thought would be carbon brushes, but
strangely, whatever is beneath the caps is *sealed*! Go figger...
Seems rubbery, could likely poke thru it, but I'm hesitant, at this point.
If I had access to the brushes, I could trace the armature wires that way, I
believe.

About dat book:
The wife clocks me with it about once a week.
Ahm hopin that when Armageddon gets here, I'll be able slip out with her, on
her coat tails.
Man, I hope she don't dump me...

But my deduction is correct, no? You cain't burn up a Fadal AND a
Bridgeport w/o some kind of outside help, right?
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Ron Moore" wrote in message
The DC motor is a shunt wound motor, 90 volts DC on the Armature and 100
volts DC on the Field winding. Yes, a Variac will work. Tap one Variac
at the 100 volt area (scrape the enamel off ONE winding and solder a lead
to it. That will supply the field voltage. (You could use the other
Variac, but why waste it when variable voltage is not needed for the field
winding.) The wiper contact can then be used to supply the armature. Feed
the outputs each through its own rectifier and you have your power
controller. BE AWARE, using a Variac to power a DC motor is not the same
as a solid state controller. As load increases on the Variac unit, speed
will be reduced. On a solid state controller, speed is more constant with
varying torque load.

The power feed motor is a 90-100 VDC (ackshooly "90 VDC-A and 100 VDC-F",
whatever that means), and I just happen to have a bunch of 7 amp variacs
and a cupla full wave rectifiers.
Could I just put this motor on a kluged variable DC power supply and
screw the electronics stuff??

As for finding God, you know where He is and how to talk to Him.
BTW, there's a great book of instructions going around.
Reaspectfully,
Ron Moore