Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Burnin' down my BP (how I know there is a god...)

Awl--

I have empirical (probabilistic) proof that there is a god:

My life could not *possibly* be *this miserable* by *chance alone*--this
**** has GOT to be choreographed somehow... goodgawd....

So I just burntid out the goddamm electronics for the powerfeed on m'BP--a
BP powerfeed, in fact, w/ the BP ancient electronics (box on the BP base).

How did I do this??
Well, by once again NOT CHECKIN THE FUKN VOLTAGES!!!! Goddammmmmmm.......

You'da figgered I'da lernt from burnin down the Fadal, right??
Slow burner, I mean, lerner, apparently.

Turns out I had the high wild leg from the rpc connected to the 120 V
electronics, and...

AND.......
some fukn moron put a *25 AMP* g-d fuse in the electronics fuse holder!
Goddammm......

Put it all together, and POOF....

All this coulda been avoided, but now it's water under the g-d bridge.

Small silver lining to this:
I've yet to hook my Kalamazoo automatic cut-off saw, w/ it's own share of
electronics, which I now KNOW that I'm going to have to re-wire to avoid a
similar problem. What a pita, but forwarned now should avoid more smoke.
In general, it really is a pain, taking 208 V New York City stuff, and
running it outside of the city on 240 V w/ rotaries.

My Qs:

Any easy standard fix for this powerfeed?

If not, how bout this:

The power feed motor is a 90-100 VDC (ackshooly "90 VDC-A and 100 VDC-F",
whatever that means), and I just happen to have a bunch of 7 amp variacs and
a cupla full wave rectifiers.
Could I just put this motor on a kluged variable DC power supply and screw
the electronics stuff??

Also, I see a sight glass on the power feed. It's sorta crappy dirty. Any
way to clean this?
There doesn't seem to be drain for the oil, either. Just crack a bunch of
screws? What type oil?

TIA.

Oh, iny churches one might recommend?
I gotta start goin, before I lose the rest of my shop!
Ackshooly, the Wife's a Jehovah's Witness--no foolin--but I cain't hack that
stuff--too grueling, much too much reading'n'****.
Was thinkin of turning Jewish, mebbe picking up a trade or sumpn, mebbe in
the Garment Center in NYC--oi, yo.
Really dig the Pentecostals--wimmin rolling in the aisles, in Religious
Ecstacy (actually having orgasms, no foolin), is right up my alley--really
saves a lot of foreplay--but then the Wife would slap the **** out of me...
What else? Start my own church? Church of the Damned?? Yeah, g-d Banquer
and effing Harold could be apostles or sumpn.
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll