Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default OT--Home Depot revisited

I reported in an earlier post that I had notified HD of a customer that had
pulled a scam, assembling electrical PVC couplings to elbows, with the net
result of the clerk scanning only the coupling, and the customer walking out
with a smile, having not paid for the elbows.

Monday, I needed wire and other things to install the power to panel for our
house, so I spent a little time at the same store once again. When I
approached the check stand, the same gal that was checking previously was
manning the station. I recognized her, but didn't know if she did me, or
not, so I said nothing. She had wrung up my purchase and I was counting
out the money when she proudly informed me that the dude had returned the
following day, and, once again, bought more elbows and couplings, repeating
what he had done the previous day. She didn't mention how many, but she
couldn't wait to inform me that she had kept a copy of his ticket from his
other visit and informed him that she was charging him for the elbows.
Needless to say, he *hadn't noticed* that he hadn't paid for them, but it
sure seems funny that he was trying the same trick yet again. Draw your
own conclusion.

Imagine that! A happy clerk, still employed! Looks like maybe I did the
right thing, in spite of the few with convoluted thinking that suggested I
had not.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 01:03:12 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Harold and Susan Vordos" quickly quoth:

I reported in an earlier post that I had notified HD of a customer that had

--snip--
Imagine that! A happy clerk, still employed! Looks like maybe I did the
right thing, in spite of the few with convoluted thinking that suggested I
had not.

Congrats, Harold. Ya done good. She's still employed and now more
knowledgeable, the store is losing less money and will not be raising
rates so quickly, the guy got his just rewards, and you are informed
of your good deed. Win/win/win/win, wot?

"Boy, I feel safer now that Martha Stewart is behind bars!
O.J. is walking around free, Osama Bin Laden too, but they
take the one woman in America willing to cook and clean
and work in the yard and haul her ass to jail."
--Tim Allen
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
*

Of course, there is the Methuen, Mass. HD where a commercial customer came
in and bought a hundred dollars worth of lumber.

During the purchase, he picked up a 41-cent carpenter's pencil to mark some
of the wood, and absent-mindedly put it in his pocket - forgetting to check
it through the register.

He received a letter stating that he would not be welcome in ANY HD for a
period of one-year.

On the last newscast I saw about it last night, HD had offered a written
apology, but I suspect Lowes has just won themselves a customer.

Remember when lumber yards used to GIVE these pencils away?????

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia

* wrote:
Of course, there is the Methuen, Mass. HD where a commercial customer came
in and bought a hundred dollars worth of lumber.

During the purchase, he picked up a 41-cent carpenter's pencil to mark some
of the wood, and absent-mindedly put it in his pocket - forgetting to check
it through the register.

He received a letter stating that he would not be welcome in ANY HD for a
period of one-year.

On the last newscast I saw about it last night, HD had offered a written
apology, but I suspect Lowes has just won themselves a customer.

Remember when lumber yards used to GIVE these pencils away?????

Yep, and I gave myself a good "dope slap" when I finally realized that
their flat cross section was primarily to keep them from rolling away
when you set them down on a sloping surface. Some of us sure do get old
too fast and smart too slow.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Engelhardt

I am impressed with that clerk:
- she remembered you from 10 days earlier
- she clearly understood what had happened with the thief
- she cared
- she made a copy of his "invoice"
- she confronted him and fixed it

The easy thing to have done was just let it go. She is not the
stereotypical bright-as-a-turnip and/or asleep clerk. She is alert, has
initiative, and cares. Wow!

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , Harold and Susan Vordos says...

Imagine that! A happy clerk, still employed!

Well, I'm sure you must have done *something* wrong there.

And I'm equally sure posters here are going to point
those things out to you....

:^)

Jim

please reply to:
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Alex

Yep, sounds very suspicions.
Not that I doubt Harold honesty but if it was posted by somebody else other than Harold
I would say it's a lie. Probably even the whole story is a lie.
But since it was posted by Harold and knowing about his life long endeavor for "public
good" no one has a single doubt about this story

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
I am impressed with that clerk:
- she remembered you from 10 days earlier
- she clearly understood what had happened with the thief
- she cared
- she made a copy of his "invoice"
- she confronted him and fixed it

The easy thing to have done was just let it go. She is not the
stereotypical bright-as-a-turnip and/or asleep clerk. She is alert, has
initiative, and cares. Wow!

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB

[...]

Ah, Harold. The Ned Flanders of Usenet!

You go, girl! Make the world safe for truth, justice, and the American way!

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Alex

Jim,

how dare you to challenge Harold's integrity!!!???

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dick

It's sure a pity and shows the condition of the morality of this country
when someone does something right and is mocked for it.
You go Steve.
Dick
--
Richard H. Neighbors
Building and repairing fine billiard cues for real pool players at
"SteveB" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

"Dick" wrote in message
It's sure a pity and shows the condition of the morality of this

country
when someone does something right and is mocked for it.
You go Steve.
Dick
--

What would you expect from the person that openly admits to being a thief
and a liar (but is trying to *improve* themselves)? How else can such

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB

"Dick" wrote in message
It's sure a pity and shows the condition of the morality of this
country when someone does something right and is mocked for it.
You go Steve.
Dick
--

Nah, Dick. What's a pity is when a man does the right and honorable thing,
then immediately has to go and broadcast what a good thing he's done.

Most right and honorable men do right and honorable things and keep silent.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Harold is not only a (confirmed) chest-thumping pathological asshole, he's
proly a pathological liar, as well.
To wit:
Real quick, let's calculate, boyzngerlz, the *probability* of his unlikely
yarn being true, by simply multiplying the individual probabilities of each
unlikely event (valid for independent events).

0. P(that that cashier is even still employed at sed HD): .5
1. P(of harold getting same checkout girl): mebbe .1 (since he indicates
she just *happened* to be there--woulda been far more believable had he
asserted that he sought her out, lying cocksucker...)
2. P(that sed girl even recognized Harold's squirrely cocksucking self):
..1
3. P(that iffin she did, she would *at all talk* to this cocksucker, other
than to curse his wrinkled sagging ass): .001 (max)
4. P(that the same fukn guy (our protagonist??) *also* woulda chosen the
same checkout girl): .1 (max)
5. P(that she, a cashier and NOT a manager, woulda kept a fukn store
receipt of a customer): .001
6. P(that she, a cashier and NOT a manager, would engage a customer in this
way): .001
7. P(that she would/could bill him for a previous purchase???? you lyin
sack of ****): .0000001

Multiply just 1 thru 6, and you get a probability of truth to this
concocktion of 10^-12, or about one in one trillion. Include 0 and 7, and
the probability falls to about 1 in a few million trillion.

And I proly omitted a few probabilities.

Now, you (Harold's circle-jerking compadres here), may wish to assign
differing probabilities to each of the above events, but it would be real
fukn hard, when yer done multiplying, to get anything better than a 1 in one
million shot of this lying cocksucker telling the truth, in this case.

According to my calc's, there's a better chance that Bush's DNA exactly
matches some fukn chimp in the Amazon, than.there is in the pathologically
lying sack of **** Harold telling le truth here.

Ooops, not as remote as I would have liked to have conveyed, but you get the
pitcher.....

Harold, you lying sack of back-stabbing chest-thumping ****, good thing you
are, according to you, so scrupulously honest, cuz yer too fukn stupid to
lie yer way out of a wet toilet paper.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Oh yeah,
The moral to the story is that if you let lying chest-thumping moralistic
assholes talk long enough, they almost *always* reveal their
sleight-of-hands, either explicitly, or thru even just a casual reading
between their adolescent narcissistic lines.

Or from calc'ing a few probabilities.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB

"Dick" wrote in message
[...]

Wasn't there a song, "I want to be like Harold."?

Oh, wait, that was, "I want to be like Mike."

Darn.

There SHOULD be a song, "I want to be like Harold."

Yeah, I'm imperfect. Unlike you. I once thought I was perfect, and I hope
I am never that sick again.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Yer talkin to a self-obsessed brick.
Thank fukngawd you don't share a household w/ this cocksucker.

Can you imagine eating at the same dinner table, and having to listen to his
tedious banal anal self-righteous pomp, night after night after fuknight?
You'd be goddamm anorexic/bulemic.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"SteveB" wrote in message

"Dick" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Alex

Just a quote:

"Lying is an integral part of the narcissist's behavior and all their
self-reports are unreliable. His cognition is impaired to the extent
that he frequently misinterprets other's speech, actions, and thoughts.
He may believe that someone respects or loves him although this is a
fantasy which exists only in the mind of the narcissist."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Alex

To guys who support Harold:

Did dhe just said:
"I'm the guy that can look in the mirror and admire the decent image I
see"
or something wrong with my screen?

He must be a real beauty

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Alex

Harold it's not a mirror - it's a James Bond poster on your wall

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Yeah, he said dat.... I too had to check my screen....
My wife hadda perform the Heimlich maneuver on me, as I was eating sumpn as
I read it.... goodgawd.... I'm still recovering.

As I mentioned to Steve, just imagine having to eat dinner every nite w/
this assinine prig.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Alex" wrote in message
oups.com...
To guys who support Harold:

Did dhe just said:
"I'm the guy that can look in the mirror and admire the decent image I
see"
or something wrong with my screen?

He must be a real beauty

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Harold and Susan Vordos

says...

Imagine that! A happy clerk, still employed!

Well, I'm sure you must have done *something* wrong there.

And I'm equally sure posters here are going to point
those things out to you....

:^)

Jim

Chuckle!

Nothing I wouldn't expect from amoral people, Jim.

Some folks simply don't *get it*. They seem to meander through life,
taking at all times, never giving-----and wonder why it is that they don't
have any "luck".

Call it what you will-----karma, God, or just plain "**** happens", when
you
go through life taking advantage of others, and belittling those that
don't
share your philosophy, your number comes up, and payback can be a bitch.

I have no desire to know, or hear from, such people. And I don't.
Anyone that finds fault with my actions is telling not only me, but anyone
else that reads their post, about what they are, not what I am. It's
shocking to see that some are willing to sell themselves for a few dimes,
but then who better than they would know their real worth?

It's just plain surprising to me to find people bragging about being
untrustworthy, as if it's a badge of honor.

Harold

thanks, Ned.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
*

Proctologically Violated©® wrote in article
Yer talkin to a self-obsessed brick.
Thank fukngawd you don't share a household w/ this cocksucker.

Can you imagine eating at the same dinner table, and having to listen to

his
tedious banal anal self-righteous pomp, night after night after fuknight?
You'd be goddamm anorexic/bulemic.
----------------------------

Somehow, I suspect it might be a bit more pleasant experience than sitting
across from a epithet and obscenity-sputtering idiot who can't even write a
single sentence without the inclusion of some sort of profanity.

Profanity is audible (and visual) ignorance.......

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

"jim rozen" wrote in message
[...]

Accounting 101 should include the fact that ALL accounts hit the BIG ledger.
I just don't get it that people are so short-sighted. I guess I'm just a
coward.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

For which I apologize.
I would not characterize it as audio/visual ignorance as much as having
certain developmental/emotional issues in dealing w/ people whose very
thought process is offensive--and dangerous. For which Harold wins the
booby prize.
But I'll work on it.

But more to the point:
Did the profanity interfere w/ your ability to understand the probability
calculations? If so, post or email me and I'll go thru them with you.
For the mathematically perspicacious (and the polite, who chose not to
mention it), it could be argued that not all the listed probabilities are
strictly independent, but perhaps dependent (ie, conditional or Bayesian
probability), in which case simple multiplication cannot be applied, and the
probabilities necessarily increase.
Which means the "probable" probability of of Harold's telling the truth here
is mebbe not quite 1 in millions of trillions, but mebbe 1 in a billion or
hundred million. Greatly improved, but sheeesh, does it really make a
diff??
Liars are liars, but it's just that here, the big H set his own trap w/ his
endless self-praising patter.

So what do *you* think?
Is the big H telling the truth? If you think so, how would you justify your
opinion probabilistically?

Oh yeah, you would prefer to dine less with me than with Harold. OK....
But, would you still, uh, relish g the thought of a dining with the
eternally error-prone but self-praising H?
Be honest.

There--not one fukn profanity.
Oops....
---------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"*" wrote in message

Proctologically Violated©® wrote in article
Yer talkin to a self-obsessed brick.
Thank fukngawd you don't share a household w/ this cocksucker.

Can you imagine eating at the same dinner table, and having to listen to

his
tedious banal anal self-righteous pomp, night after night after fuknight?
You'd be goddamm anorexic/bulemic.
----------------------------

Somehow, I suspect it might be a bit more pleasant experience than sitting
across from a epithet and obscenity-sputtering idiot who can't even write
single sentence without the inclusion of some sort of profanity.

Profanity is audible (and visual) ignorance.......

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB

"*" wrote in message

Proctologically Violated©® wrote in article
Yer talkin to a self-obsessed brick.
Thank fukngawd you don't share a household w/ this cocksucker.

Can you imagine eating at the same dinner table, and having to listen to

his
tedious banal anal self-righteous pomp, night after night after fuknight?
You'd be goddamm anorexic/bulemic.
----------------------------

Somehow, I suspect it might be a bit more pleasant experience than sitting
across from a epithet and obscenity-sputtering idiot who can't even write
single sentence without the inclusion of some sort of profanity.

Profanity is audible (and visual) ignorance.......

* - I would MUCH rather sit across from an obscenity sputtering idiot who
is what he is and knows what he is rather than a sanctimonious ego inflated
self-righteous pompous twit. (You and/or Ned) A twit who does God knows
what in private or when he thinks no one is looking. A twit who must come
up with comic book dream scenarios wherein he is always the hero.

What kind of name is "*"? Are you related to Ned Flanders? ARE you Ned
Flanders? Are you a cyber alter identity of Ned Flanders made to write in
anonymously and shore up Ned?

One loses a lot of credibility when they don't even post their e mail
address or info. Kind of being "visually ignorant". Or just plain
deceptive. Or talking about other people to keep the focus off them.

Do you like young boys? Young girls? Farm animals?

What exactly DO you do when no one is watching?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Really an excellent point.

Some of the biggest homophobes/fag hunters were themselves gigantic closet
cases. J.Edgar Hoover is probably the best example, who apparently
impressed the hell out of hisself in front of a mirror, in red high
heels/black garters. MmmmmmmmmYummmmmmmm......

Would like to be a fly on Harold's walls.....

Come to think of it, dint Harold say sumpn bout how good he looks in a
mirror?
Oh, oh, ooooh, oooooh, I got it!!!!
It was how *decent a man* he sees, as he looks in a mirror!! How could I
forget? After all, I got Heimliched over dat.....
I wonder if dats with or without pumps&stockings?

Hey, *I* look *great* in makeup, pumps&hotpants--so ahm not really passing
judgment here.

AND, I got abs!!!! No foolin.... just that, when I do my John Basedow/fag
pose, what w/ all the tensing and breathholding'n'****, I get a humongous
headache....

Yo, whazzup w/ Basedow's *hair*, yo?????

Oh, "*" is just in a minor snit cuz he's havin trouble grokking the Harold
Math. He'll come out of it when I splain it to him in private.
It's tough, tho, when yer Moralistic Hero turns out to have a
99.99999999999999999999999999999 % likelihood of bein a ****-eating liar,
*in addition* to all of his other glaring character flaws.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"SteveB" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
its me

"*" wrote in message

[...]

SteveB join the list you are in with Cliffie now

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB

"its me" (another Ned cyberclone) wrote

SteveB join the list you are in with Cliffie now

Well, thanks. Ya coulda really disrespected me and put me on the list with
Ned.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote

Yo, whazzup w/ Basedow's *hair*, yo?????

I think I just had the scariest thought of my life. Ned with Basedow's
hair.

Wait. Didn't Homer's neighbor have Basedow's hair?

Maybe that's where they got the idea. A moralistic snob with big hair.

I think I'm going to lay down in the closet in the dark for a while

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:15:42 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

* wrote:
[...]

It took me about 5 try's to find a magic marker at hardware stores.
Each try got me more and more perplexed and I would have to stop at
another type of store to get one. Then I ran into a concerned employee
that had me explain what one of these mysterious tools was and she
goes "Oh a Sharpy!"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
*

Sunworshipper wrote in article

It took me about 5 try's to find a magic marker at hardware stores.
Each try got me more and more perplexed and I would have to stop at
another type of store to get one. Then I ran into a concerned employee
that had me explain what one of these mysterious tools was and she
goes "Oh a Sharpy!"

Go figure!

You were asking for a specific brand-name for a permanent marker (Magic
Marker), and the clerk provided you with a different brand-name
(Sharpie)........

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 06:54:07 -0600, "*" wrote:
Sunworshipper wrote in article

It took me about 5 try's to find a magic marker at hardware stores.
Each try got me more and more perplexed and I would have to stop at
another type of store to get one. Then I ran into a concerned employee
that had me explain what one of these mysterious tools was and she
goes "Oh a Sharpy!"

Go figure!

Sounds like a simple case of mass clerk stupidity to me, they never
heard of the brand you were asking for and didn't know what you were
talking about, so they just said 'no'. But there is another valid
explanation below - though they showed stupidity if they knew the
right answer and just didn't bother correcting you.

What do you want for minimum wage? Rhodes Scholars?

You were asking for a specific brand-name for a permanent marker (Magic
Marker), and the clerk provided you with a different brand-name
(Sharpie)........

JohnBelushi
CheeBurger! CheeBurger! No Coke! Pepsi! :-)
/JohnBelushi

If you walk into a store and ask if they have "a Xerox", they have
to say no if their photocopier is a Mita or Konica. But if you'd
asked if they have "a copy machine" you would have gotten the answer
you wanted. Xerox is a registered trademark, and if a Xerox company
representative hears you 'genericizing' the trademark they will
correct you. I've also been corrected by a Mita salesman for calling
it 'a Xerox' instead of 'a copier', they don't want trouble either.

Same thing with Kleenex®, Coca-Cola®, Q-Tip®, Romex®, Magic Marker®,
Sharpie®, Liquid Paper®... These trademarks are defended by the
owners. To help in the effort, a lot of companies have modified
product names and packaging in an effort to make it clearer. "Kleenex
Brand facial tissues" "Q-Tip brand cotton swabs" "Disneyland® Park"
"Sharpie® fine point permanent marker"

But there are several former trademarks that have been forcibly
genericized by competitors misusing them - Aspirin is a registered
trademark of Bayer AG, but they didn't defend it for many years so it
got into common use on the generic products. And when Bayer tried to
defend it later, a court threw it out.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
D Murphy

Bruce L. Bergman wrote in
news
JohnBelushi
CheeBurger! CheeBurger! No Coke! Pepsi! :-)
/JohnBelushi

"Cheezborger! Cheezborger!
No fries, cheeps! No Pepsi, Coke!"

http://www.billygoattavern.com/home.html

It's still there and the Cubs still suck.

--

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

[...]

And my pet peeve is the use of "Plexiglas" for any clear acrylic. :-)
I wish Rohm and Hass would make a biger issue of it.
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:31:14 GMT, Lew Hartswick
wrote:
Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

Same thing with Kleenex®, Coca-Cola®, Q-Tip®, Romex®, Magic Marker®,
Sharpie®, Liquid Paper®... These trademarks are defended by the
owners. To help in the effort, a lot of companies have modified
product names and packaging in an effort to make it clearer. "Kleenex
Brand facial tissues" "Q-Tip brand cotton swabs" "Disneyland® Park"
"Sharpie® fine point permanent marker"

And my pet peeve is the use of "Plexiglas" for any clear acrylic. :-)
I wish Rohm and Hass would make a biger issue of it.

If they don't defend it, the court will end it.

(Hey, I'm a poet! Hooda thunkit....)

If you ever see it being used in print the wrong way, drop Rohm &
Haas a note, and send a copy of the ad. If they care, they'll pop off
a C&D Letter post-haste.

Or let them know (and chew out the supplier) if you walk into a
supplier and ask for a sheet of "Plexiglas" and they try handing you a
different brand of acrylic sheet without saying anything.

"I'm sorry, but what's this 'Cheng Hua Plastics Works' stuff you
just handed me? It's not Plexiglas."

There's a reason you ask for the name brand - you don't want to put
20 hours of labor into building a curio cabinet, and have the damned
thing crack as you solvent-weld the last seam. Right?