Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

Default OT--Home Depot revisited

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:31:14 GMT, Lew Hartswick
wrote:
Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

Same thing with Kleenex®, Coca-Cola®, Q-Tip®, Romex®, Magic Marker®,
Sharpie®, Liquid Paper®... These trademarks are defended by the
owners. To help in the effort, a lot of companies have modified
product names and packaging in an effort to make it clearer. "Kleenex
Brand facial tissues" "Q-Tip brand cotton swabs" "Disneyland® Park"
"Sharpie® fine point permanent marker"

And my pet peeve is the use of "Plexiglas" for any clear acrylic. :-)
I wish Rohm and Hass would make a biger issue of it.

If they don't defend it, the court will end it.

(Hey, I'm a poet! Hooda thunkit....)

If you ever see it being used in print the wrong way, drop Rohm &
Haas a note, and send a copy of the ad. If they care, they'll pop off
a C&D Letter post-haste.

Or let them know (and chew out the supplier) if you walk into a
supplier and ask for a sheet of "Plexiglas" and they try handing you a
different brand of acrylic sheet without saying anything.

"I'm sorry, but what's this 'Cheng Hua Plastics Works' stuff you
just handed me? It's not Plexiglas."

There's a reason you ask for the name brand - you don't want to put
20 hours of labor into building a curio cabinet, and have the damned
thing crack as you solvent-weld the last seam. Right?

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545