Cliff

On 10 Sep 2005 05:18:52 GMT, D Murphy wrote:

Cliff wrote in news:hp53i154hhfn0epindsqfn5puju7r1h0ld@
4ax.com:

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:52:10 GMT, Strabo
wrote:

I figure about 3 weeks for that lowest areas.

Mathematics degree, eh?
How much is 1 times 1?

From yesterdays newspaper.

[Officials in Louisiana reported progress on two critical tasks: flood
water removal and power restoration.

''We're probably looking at least another few weeks or maybe even a month"
to pump water out of the city, said Art Jones, chief of the recovery
division of the Louisiana Office of Emergency Preparedness.]

HTH

We shall see, eh?
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:20:47 GMT, Strabo
wrote:

In Survival strategy in Na'lens on Fri, 09 Sep 2005 10:08:15
-0400, by Cliff, we read:

wrote:

I figure about 3 weeks for that lowest areas.

Mathematics degree, eh?
How much is 1 times 1?

Well, here we are. Streets are mostly dry, residents returning,
some bars and restaurants are open. Plans for Mardi Bras
underway. Right on schedule. And, as soon as the new levee is
completed, the problem won't happen again.

I'd not count on that. This was no head-on strike at high tide
with the Mississipi in flood stage by a cat 5 or 5+.

BTW, Latest news reports still put the dewatering out beyond
your 3 weeks IIRC.
[
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers spokesman Dan Hitchings said the work
could now be complete by Oct. 18, about 40 days after pumping began.
]
I wonder where they found all the spare pumps. Power plants?

Where is the 10,000
dead?

Do you really need them? Why?

I think I'll drop by New Orleans in a few months and pick up some
property, and stop in at Pat O'Brien's for a real *Hurricane*.

"New Orleans is dead. And its never coming back. While they are
still trying to perform CPR on it and there is still a bit of
brain activity..there is no hope for the patient.."
- Gunner, from the depths of despondency.

Time will tell.
--
Cliff
Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations...

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 18:56:10 -0500, Lawrence Glickman
wrote:

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 23:01:23 +0000 (UTC), "Part_Time_Troll"
wrote:

Lawrence Glickman in
m:

I went through this privately already. I would rather the humans
drowned than the animals, which I consider a higher life form, and
from what I can see on TV, they indeed are a higher life form.

d@mn PETA republicans :-)

I will under no circumstances, abandon my animals. They come with me,
or we stay here together. That's just me. Everybody has to decide
for themselves what is important. They are as much a part of my
family as any of the humans, and maybe the better part.

Lg

I am right there with you on this point. If some stranger
came to the house and said "got to leave but you can't bring your
cats", I would say "Nope, if I go, they go". If anything else
was said, I would reply with "well, tell you what. I will leave
my cats if you will leave your kids".
That usual shuts folks up.
I bet the folks that are REALLY ****ed are the ones that
had to leave their animals, and, NOW are seeing folks being allowed
to TAKE their critters.

In any case, it was a badly handled situation all around,
and, many thoughtless and inhumane actions were taken. We Americans
should, rightly, be embarressed, and the folks in NO and LA
that behaved in such a mindless fashion should be truly ashamed.
Regards
Dave Mundt

CanopyCo

Frank White wrote:

The trouble with trying to save cats is, if they get it into their
walnut sized brains that you're attacking them, or it's time to
panic, or they want to run and you try to stop them, you can come
away with more injuries from the cat than from the disaster.

Sedation or a strong, heavy container may be your only options.

FW. Who weeps for animals AND people.

Oh come on now.
There brain is no where near that large. ;-)

CanopyCo

Cliff wrote:
On 5 Sep 2005 10:07:36 -0700, "Frank White" wrote:

The trouble with trying to save cats is, if they get it into their
walnut sized brains that you're attacking them, or it's time to
panic, or they want to run and you try to stop them, you can come
away with more injuries from the cat than from the disaster.

sheesh

Pick them up by the scruff of their necks.

Be sure to get there hips with the other hand or they can still twist
around and rip you a big one.

And when you get free of them, don't just drop them.
Throw them so that you have a fighting chance while they figure out
that they are free if they will just go away. ;-)

Larry Jaques

On 12 Sep 2005 17:17:01 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
"CanopyCo" quickly quoth:

Oh come on now.
There brain is no where near that large. ;-)

With punctuation and spelling checked, that would read:
"Oh, come on now. Their brains are nowhere near that large."

For a Semper Fi good time, go he
http://lonestar-mvpa.org/events/2005/05_Katrina.htm

----
- Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it? -
http://diversify.com Web Applications
Glenn Ashmore

Here is the ultimate solution and it solves another problem too.:
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...21.html?menu=l

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"CanopyCo" wrote in message
ups.com...

Cliff wrote:
On 5 Sep 2005 10:07:36 -0700, "Frank White" wrote:

The trouble with trying to save cats is, if they get it into their
walnut sized brains that you're attacking them, or it's time to
panic, or they want to run and you try to stop them, you can come
away with more injuries from the cat than from the disaster.

sheesh

Pick them up by the scruff of their necks.

Be sure to get there hips with the other hand or they can still twist
around and rip you a big one.

And when you get free of them, don't just drop them.
Throw them so that you have a fighting chance while they figure out
that they are free if they will just go away. ;-)

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:49:22 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Glenn Ashmore" quickly quoth:

Here is the ultimate solution and it solves another problem too.:
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...21.html?menu=l

Gunner'll love you, Gashy. bseg

Anyone read this book yet? Sounds interesting.

"Crossing The Rubicon : The Decline Of The American Empire At The End
Of The Age Of Oil" (Paperback, 2004)
Author: Michael C. Ruppert

----