Cliff

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:20:47 GMT, Strabo
wrote:

In Survival strategy in Na'lens on Fri, 09 Sep 2005 10:08:15
-0400, by Cliff, we read:

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:52:10 GMT, Strabo
wrote:

I figure about 3 weeks for that lowest areas.

Mathematics degree, eh?
How much is 1 times 1?

Well, here we are. Streets are mostly dry, residents returning,
some bars and restaurants are open. Plans for Mardi Bras
underway. Right on schedule. And, as soon as the new levee is
completed, the problem won't happen again.

I'd not count on that. This was no head-on strike at high tide
with the Mississipi in flood stage by a cat 5 or 5+.

BTW, Latest news reports still put the dewatering out beyond
your 3 weeks IIRC.
[
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers spokesman Dan Hitchings said the work
could now be complete by Oct. 18, about 40 days after pumping began.
]
I wonder where they found all the spare pumps. Power plants?

Where is the 10,000
dead?

Do you really need them? Why?

I think I'll drop by New Orleans in a few months and pick up some
property, and stop in at Pat O'Brien's for a real *Hurricane*.

"New Orleans is dead. And its never coming back. While they are
still trying to perform CPR on it and there is still a bit of
brain activity..there is no hope for the patient.."
- Gunner, from the depths of despondency.

Time will tell.
--
Cliff