Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Gautam Thaker

Default can not remove 1/2 of an exterior door lock...

Hello:

I am trying to replace a kitchen/outside door that is stuck in locked
position ( I can not open the door, and must use other doors to get in
and out of the house.)

i bought a replacement lock (it has door knob (w/ key slot) on the
outside, and a handle on the inside.) I removed the screws on the inside
and that part comes out easily. Yet, the outside part (the door knob
part) does not come out. Something in the lock mechanism is holding it
in. I can't still open the door. Is there some trick? some latch? How
can i remove this lock so that I may replace it with a newer one?

THanks.

George