Buck Turgidson

Default Remove Blood From Pine

I'm embarrassed to ask, but I got some blood on a pine door that I was
installing (my chiseling technique needs refinement). Any tricks on getting
a smear of dried blood from a pine door? Rather than painting them, I want
to stain them (with something other than blood), so I'd like to remove the
blood stain if possible.

Doug Miller

In article PAi%c.283371$Oi.282015@fed1read04, "Buck Turgidson" wrote:
I'm embarrassed to ask, but I got some blood on a pine door that I was
installing (my chiseling technique needs refinement). Any tricks on getting
a smear of dried blood from a pine door? Rather than painting them, I want
to stain them (with something other than blood), so I'd like to remove the
blood stain if possible.

Hydrogen peroxide. The 3% stuff from the first-aid aisle in the drugstore will
do just fine. Don't use the stronger stuff (6% or more) that's used for
bleaching hair, as it may bleach the wood too.

The other 97% is water, so it will dampen the wood and raise the grain. Allow
the wood to dry thoroughly, then sand the spot lightly, before staining and
finishing.

One hand on the chisel. One hand on the mallet. Fingers are safe that way.

--
Regards,

Old Nick

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:20:42 -0400, "Buck Turgidson"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

You have to qualify for the most weird non-spam request....

appreciate your sense of humour and honesty

I'm embarrassed to ask, but I got some blood on a pine door that I was
installing (my chiseling technique needs refinement). Any tricks on getting
a smear of dried blood from a pine door? Rather than painting them, I want
to stain them (with something other than blood), so I'd like to remove the
blood stain if possible.

I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I
am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about
the things I know I am right about.
Ray Aldridge

First, I guess you're going to have to bleed on a piece of scrap from the
door project, so you can test whatever technique you decide to try, before
you try to clean up the actual door.

/got nothin'

NoOne N Particular

I kinda like the look of bloodwood.

Wayne

P.S. If you have some bloody scrap, try some of the laundry preparation
stuff that us supposed to remove blood.

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
I'm embarrassed to ask, but I got some blood on a pine door that I was
installing (my chiseling technique needs refinement). Any tricks on

getting
a smear of dried blood from a pine door? Rather than painting them, I

want
to stain them (with something other than blood), so I'd like to remove the
blood stain if possible.

RKP51X

Any tricks on getting
a smear of dried blood from a pine door?

Have you checked Roy Underhill's website?
Roger Poplin dba

Vince Heuring

In article , RKP51X
wrote:

Any tricks on getting
a smear of dried blood from a pine door?

Have you checked Roy Underhill's website?
Roger Poplin dba

But seriously... try hot 5% hydrogen peroxide. Heat it in a microwave
until it's hot but not boiling. Daub it on with a piece of cloth or
paper towel. Of course, test it on some inconspicuous spot first.

--
Vince Heuring To email, remove the Vince.