Doug Miller

In article PAi%c.283371$Oi.282015@fed1read04, "Buck Turgidson" wrote:
I'm embarrassed to ask, but I got some blood on a pine door that I was
installing (my chiseling technique needs refinement). Any tricks on getting
a smear of dried blood from a pine door? Rather than painting them, I want
to stain them (with something other than blood), so I'd like to remove the
blood stain if possible.

Hydrogen peroxide. The 3% stuff from the first-aid aisle in the drugstore will
do just fine. Don't use the stronger stuff (6% or more) that's used for
bleaching hair, as it may bleach the wood too.

The other 97% is water, so it will dampen the wood and raise the grain. Allow
the wood to dry thoroughly, then sand the spot lightly, before staining and
finishing.

One hand on the chisel. One hand on the mallet. Fingers are safe that way.

--
Regards,