Bob B.

Actually, yes I did, but since I had put a high security cylinder in it a
few weeks before, the contractor didn't want to own up to it. You know, the
old "You touched it last, you screwed it up!" line. The owner didn't want
to pay for it (shouldn't have to). I got stuck in the middle as is often
the case when working with commercial new construction. I spent more time
documenting it than I did fixing it. The owner contracted with me, so I let
the owner and contractor battle it out but it's no fun being stuck in the
middle.

Bob

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

"Bob B." wrote in message
I once had a Schlage AL53PD Lever Lock detach from the latch. It was
installed by one of the contractor's laborers and he had not enganged the
latch correctly. The door was locked, steel door and frame and it was a
devil of a time getting it open. I hope I never have another one.

Bob

Why? Didn't you bill for your time and materials?

--

Roger Shoaf

About the time I had mastered getting the toothpaste back in the tube,
then
they come up with this striped stuff.