Percival P. Cassidy

Default Honeywell thermostat information needed

In Menards yesterday I saw a Honeywell RTH7500D thermostat that looks as
though it might meet our needs. I wanted to compare its specs. with
other modes, but I can't find it on the Honeywell Web site.

Does anybody have any information on this?

This is a 7-day thermostat. They also had the RTH7400D, a 5+1+1 model,
but this doesn't show up on the Web site either.

I see some for sale on eBay. This wouldn't this be a superseded model,
would it? Menards has only just started carrying them.

Perce
Bert Hyman

http://content.honeywell.com/yourhom...ts/RTH7500.asp
http://content.honeywell.com/yourhom...ts/RTH7400.asp

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Travis Jordan

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
In Menards yesterday I saw a Honeywell RTH7500D thermostat that looks
as though it might meet our needs. I wanted to compare its specs. with
other modes, but I can't find it on the Honeywell Web site.

Does anybody have any information on this?

This is a 7-day thermostat. They also had the RTH7400D, a 5+1+1 model,
but this doesn't show up on the Web site either.

I see some for sale on eBay. This wouldn't this be a superseded model,
would it? Menards has only just started carrying them.

It's a new retail model, part of Honeywell's recently introduced "Vision"
line.

http://hbctechlit.honeywell.com/tech...0s/69-1726.pdf
http://hbctechlit.honeywell.com/tech...0s/69-1730.pdf

~KJPRO~

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
In Menards yesterday I saw a Honeywell RTH7500D thermostat that looks as
though it might meet our needs. I wanted to compare its specs. with
other modes, but I can't find it on the Honeywell Web site.

Does anybody have any information on this?

This is a 7-day thermostat. They also had the RTH7400D, a 5+1+1 model,
but this doesn't show up on the Web site either.

I see some for sale on eBay. This wouldn't this be a superseded model,
would it? Menards has only just started carrying them.

Perce

First, Honeywell manufactures stats just for Lowe's and other big box
stores.

Second, save some time and aggravation and call a competent HVAC company to
install a stat of your choice.

This way you will have a stat that is wired properly the first time. This
saves you money. Cause the likely thing to happen is for you to wire the
stat wrong and burn up controls in the furnace and cost you money to have
them fix that problem, then install the stat anyway.

Then they can set up the stat, to work with your particular equipment. This
will insure you are getting the most efficiency that you can out of the
system you have.

You will also get a warranty with the new stat if by chance anything goes
wrong with in the warranty period. (range 1-5 years)

As they are there, have them service the system to make sure it is running
safe and efficiently.
(for maximum savings, and most important...you can rest assured you are safe
in your little castle)

Have a good day!

~kjpro~

Percival P. Cassidy

The last HVAC guy I asked (while he was installing our neighbor's A/C)
about getting our system checked out (may not have been done since being
installed/upgraded by previous owner about three years ago) said, "If
it's working OK, leave it alone."

Perce

On 01/22/05 03:08 pm ~KJPRO~ tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Second, save some time and aggravation and call a competent HVAC company to
install a stat of your choice.

snip

As they are there, have them service the system to make sure it is running
safe and efficiently.
(for maximum savings, and most important...you can rest assured you are safe
in your little castle)

~KJPRO~

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
The last HVAC guy I asked (while he was installing our neighbor's A/C)
about getting our system checked out (may not have been done since being
installed/upgraded by previous owner about three years ago) said, "If
it's working OK, leave it alone."

Perce

Depending on the system you have, it should be looked at a minimum of once a
year.

Sometimes more, sometimes less...I don't know what you actually have.

~kjpro~

On 01/22/05 03:08 pm ~KJPRO~ tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Second, save some time and aggravation and call a competent HVAC company

install a stat of your choice.

snip

As they are there, have them service the system to make sure it is

running
safe and efficiently.
(for maximum savings, and most important...you can rest assured you are

safe
in your little castle)

Edwin Pawlowski

"~KJPRO~" KJPRO @ STARBAND.NET wrote in message

Second, save some time and aggravation and call a competent HVAC company
install a stat of your choice.

This way you will have a stat that is wired properly the first time. This
saves you money.

Your advice may be correct for some people, but most of us have the
competence to unhook two wires and put them in the right place on the new
model. Yes, I do know how to read the instructions. My VCR does not flash
12:00 either.

~KJPRO~

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

"~KJPRO~" KJPRO @ STARBAND.NET wrote in message

Second, save some time and aggravation and call a competent HVAC company
install a stat of your choice.

This way you will have a stat that is wired properly the first time.

This
saves you money.

Your advice may be correct for some people, but most of us have the
competence to unhook two wires and put them in the right place on the new
model. Yes, I do know how to read the instructions. My VCR does not flash
12:00 either.

So suddenly everybodies unit only has 2 wires?

I don't think so Tim!

~kjpro~
BTW, you would be suprized at the people that can't program a VCR or Stat,
let alone hook either of them up correctly!

Bubba

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:21:39 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

The last HVAC guy I asked (while he was installing our neighbor's A/C)
about getting our system checked out (may not have been done since being
installed/upgraded by previous owner about three years ago) said, "If
it's working OK, leave it alone."

Perce

Translation: "last hvac guy" installing neighbors unit.
"hvac guy" : "Perce, cant you see I working here for a paying
customer? Ive got to finish this install and then go on to the next
one. I dont have time to answer all your questions or do any free work
for you while Im doing work for a paying customer. If you havent had
your unit serviced in over 3 years, I know you either dont care about
your equipment or you are too cheap to pay for the service".

Yeah Yeah, I know. Oh Bubba, you're so mean.
Mean? Maybe. Correct? YES
Now, while you can, go find a good service company and sign up with
them for a service agreement. Its cheap insurance.
Bubba

On 01/22/05 03:08 pm ~KJPRO~ tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Second, save some time and aggravation and call a competent HVAC company to
install a stat of your choice.

snip

As they are there, have them service the system to make sure it is running
safe and efficiently.
(for maximum savings, and most important...you can rest assured you are safe
in your little castle)

Edwin Pawlowski

"~KJPRO~" KJPRO @ STARBAND.NET wrote in message

So suddenly everybodies unit only has 2 wires?

I don't think so Tim!

~kjpro~
BTW, you would be suprized at the people that can't program a VCR or Stat,
let alone hook either of them up correctly!

Same thing if you have more wires. You follow the instructions. Tens of
thousands of thermostats, many with multiple wires, are successfully changed
each year by plain old homeowners. I'm sure a few do screw up, but to make
a blanket statement that everyone should call a pro is plain silly.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Bubba" wrote in message

Translation: "last hvac guy" installing neighbors unit.
"hvac guy" : "Perce, cant you see I working here for a paying
customer? Ive got to finish this install and then go on to the next
one. I dont have time to answer all your questions or do any free work
for you while Im doing work for a paying customer.

Real translation:
I'm a service guy and don't have any business skills and few social skills
and I'm not interested in making you a good customer.

If he was really interested he'd give you a card and ask you to call for an
appointment. Or he'd stop over when done to make that appointment. He did
not want your business. Maybe he had all he could handle, maybe he was just
ignorant.

Percival P. Cassidy

I wasn't asking him to work for free. My question was not: "How about
looking at our system for free while you're here?" It was: "It's
probably been two or three years since our system was checked out. Do
you think we should get it done?"

Perce

On 01/22/05 06:34 pm Bubba tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

The last HVAC guy I asked (while he was installing our neighbor's A/C)
about getting our system checked out (may not have been done since being
installed/upgraded by previous owner about three years ago) said, "If
it's working OK, leave it alone."

Translation: "last hvac guy" installing neighbors unit.
"hvac guy" : "Perce, cant you see I working here for a paying
customer? Ive got to finish this install and then go on to the next
one. I dont have time to answer all your questions or do any free work
for you while Im doing work for a paying customer. If you havent had
your unit serviced in over 3 years, I know you either dont care about
your equipment or you are too cheap to pay for the service".

~KJPRO~

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
I wasn't asking him to work for free. My question was not: "How about
looking at our system for free while you're here?" It was: "It's
probably been two or three years since our system was checked out. Do
you think we should get it done?"

Perce

Ever talked to ro seen laborors that only care about getting their work
completed so they can go home?

Maybe you just talked to one that day?

Maybe the boss of the company would care more about service than this one
tech?
(I would)

~kjpro~

On 01/22/05 06:34 pm Bubba tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

The last HVAC guy I asked (while he was installing our neighbor's A/C)
about getting our system checked out (may not have been done since being
installed/upgraded by previous owner about three years ago) said, "If
it's working OK, leave it alone."

Translation: "last hvac guy" installing neighbors unit.
"hvac guy" : "Perce, cant you see I working here for a paying
customer? Ive got to finish this install and then go on to the next
one. I dont have time to answer all your questions or do any free work
for you while Im doing work for a paying customer. If you havent had
your unit serviced in over 3 years, I know you either dont care about
your equipment or you are too cheap to pay for the service".

~KJPRO~

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
om...

"~KJPRO~" KJPRO @ STARBAND.NET wrote in message

So suddenly everybodies unit only has 2 wires?

I don't think so Tim!

~kjpro~
BTW, you would be suprized at the people that can't program a VCR or

Stat,
let alone hook either of them up correctly!

Same thing if you have more wires. You follow the instructions. Tens of
thousands of thermostats, many with multiple wires, are successfully

changed
each year by plain old homeowners. I'm sure a few do screw up, but to

make
a blanket statement that everyone should call a pro is plain silly.

I gave him 'my advice' your's may differ. So be it, but my advice comes from
a true professional that is in this trade.

I also see a lot of damage do to H-Owners that tried it themselves! Some are
very dangerous situations!

I also have no idea of the type of system he has and where he is located to
give him further recommendations.

~kjpro~

Bubba

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 00:46:06 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Bubba" wrote in message

Translation: "last hvac guy" installing neighbors unit.
"hvac guy" : "Perce, cant you see I working here for a paying
customer? Ive got to finish this install and then go on to the next
one. I dont have time to answer all your questions or do any free work
for you while Im doing work for a paying customer.

Real translation:
I'm a service guy and don't have any business skills and few social skills
and I'm not interested in making you a good customer.

If he was really interested he'd give you a card and ask you to call for an
appointment. Or he'd stop over when done to make that appointment. He did
not want your business. Maybe he had all he could handle, maybe he was just
ignorant.

Dont be such a din-wit, Edwhiney. The guy was most likely a working
stiff humping for a paycheck. Prob didnt give a ****. When the
paycheck runs out, so does he. Off to the next place. If he was a
salesman, he wouldnt be installing. Dont be so freakin stupid.
Bubba

Bubba

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 20:15:14 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

I wasn't asking him to work for free. My question was not: "How about
looking at our system for free while you're here?" It was: "It's
probably been two or three years since our system was checked out. Do
you think we should get it done?"

Perce

and you found out exactly what that guy thought/or cared? Find another
guy in that company or find another company. Either way, its a smart
idea to have your equipment serviced yearly, just like most other
mechanical things that seem to break at the most inopertune times.
Now.......go get it done.
Bubba

On 01/22/05 06:34 pm Bubba tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

The last HVAC guy I asked (while he was installing our neighbor's A/C)
about getting our system checked out (may not have been done since being
installed/upgraded by previous owner about three years ago) said, "If
it's working OK, leave it alone."

Translation: "last hvac guy" installing neighbors unit.
"hvac guy" : "Perce, cant you see I working here for a paying
customer? Ive got to finish this install and then go on to the next
one. I dont have time to answer all your questions or do any free work
for you while Im doing work for a paying customer. If you havent had
your unit serviced in over 3 years, I know you either dont care about
your equipment or you are too cheap to pay for the service".

justdoit

Re Thermostats-Choose a manufacturer that supplies online schematics etc
to save later heartache. I just purchased the Honeywill 7500 ($100) for
the used heat pump I just installed. Unforturneately, the owners guide
omits pages 21 to 45, apparently the "configure installer setup".
After a call to Honewell 800-no one available no 24hr per message,
(Saturday) and reviewing their web site, no info available for
specific wiring questions. I forgot that I had another Honeywell on
the shelf and had previously tried to locate online info for wiring
with no success. I will not purchase another Honewell until customer
support will release enough info for the do it yourself group to
fullfill their ambitions.
Note: I am installing a new system (used) and therefore am not able to
label the wires removed from the old thermostat which generally makes
life easier if doing like for like! Be aware that you must read the
thermostat package labels to determine the ultimate use-may work for a
furnace, strips etc but not a heat pump or even differentiate a single
state and two stage heat pump. Often reading the wiring schematic
inside the door of the heating unit(with power off) one can determine
the correct wiring in combo with the thermostat owners guide. The
learning curve is considerable but I find the reward to be significant
knowing that with a little (or a lot) of effort we can accomplish
anything! Note: try www.askmehelpdesk.com.
Good luck and thanks to those with the knowledge they share to help
others to be successfull in their endeavors!