Bubba

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:21:39 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

The last HVAC guy I asked (while he was installing our neighbor's A/C)
about getting our system checked out (may not have been done since being
installed/upgraded by previous owner about three years ago) said, "If
it's working OK, leave it alone."

Perce

Translation: "last hvac guy" installing neighbors unit.
"hvac guy" : "Perce, cant you see I working here for a paying
customer? Ive got to finish this install and then go on to the next
one. I dont have time to answer all your questions or do any free work
for you while Im doing work for a paying customer. If you havent had
your unit serviced in over 3 years, I know you either dont care about
your equipment or you are too cheap to pay for the service".

Yeah Yeah, I know. Oh Bubba, you're so mean.
Mean? Maybe. Correct? YES
Now, while you can, go find a good service company and sign up with
them for a service agreement. Its cheap insurance.
Bubba

On 01/22/05 03:08 pm ~KJPRO~ tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Second, save some time and aggravation and call a competent HVAC company to
install a stat of your choice.

snip

As they are there, have them service the system to make sure it is running
safe and efficiently.
(for maximum savings, and most important...you can rest assured you are safe
in your little castle)