Bubba

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 20:15:14 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

I wasn't asking him to work for free. My question was not: "How about
looking at our system for free while you're here?" It was: "It's
probably been two or three years since our system was checked out. Do
you think we should get it done?"

Perce

and you found out exactly what that guy thought/or cared? Find another
guy in that company or find another company. Either way, its a smart
idea to have your equipment serviced yearly, just like most other
mechanical things that seem to break at the most inopertune times.
Now.......go get it done.
Bubba

On 01/22/05 06:34 pm Bubba tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

The last HVAC guy I asked (while he was installing our neighbor's A/C)
about getting our system checked out (may not have been done since being
installed/upgraded by previous owner about three years ago) said, "If
it's working OK, leave it alone."

Translation: "last hvac guy" installing neighbors unit.
"hvac guy" : "Perce, cant you see I working here for a paying
customer? Ive got to finish this install and then go on to the next
one. I dont have time to answer all your questions or do any free work
for you while Im doing work for a paying customer. If you havent had
your unit serviced in over 3 years, I know you either dont care about
your equipment or you are too cheap to pay for the service".