Stormin Mormon

Default Speed Demons

At the entrance to my neighborhood is a dangerous intersection. Folks come
flying around the corner at 30 MPH or so. I live one street into the
neighborhood. I almost get slammed regularly cause folks come flying into
the neighborhood, whip around the corner. I nearly bought it today, someone
came flying in. Of course, since it's around the corner I can't see them
coming.

I stomped on the brakes, hard pack snow, and slid a foot. We missed each
other, fortunately. But it got me thinking.

What would be good and slippery to pour on that interesection? I mean, the
main street is level, and the side street slopes down gently. Wouldn't take
much to make folks go off the road and into the yard. I think there is also
a big rock (about four feet tall) at that intersection.

Would cooking oil do the trick? How about "mineral oil" or baby oil? Seems
like there oughta be something that would work, and would be biodegradable.

--

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank

F.H.

Stormin Mormon wrote:

What would be good and slippery to pour on that interesection? I mean, the
main street is level, and the side street slopes down gently. Wouldn't take
much to make folks go off the road and into the yard. I think there is also
a big rock (about four feet tall) at that intersection.

Would cooking oil do the trick? How about "mineral oil" or baby oil? Seems
like there oughta be something that would work, and would be biodegradable.

I would tell you but that would make me not only stupid, but a
co-conspirator to cause bodily harm.

Former Mormon

Mike

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

At the entrance to my neighborhood is a dangerous intersection. Folks come
flying around the corner at 30 MPH or so. I live one street into the
neighborhood. I almost get slammed regularly

blah, blah, blah.....I'm ****ed off.....

But it got me thinking.

I think your signature sums up this thought....

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank

Couldn't have said it better.....
G. Morgan

= Stormin Mormon = wrote:

{nothing of importance}

Did Jesus tell you to murder people?

--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email

Joseph Meehan

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Is this some sort of new teaching of the Mormon Church, kill thy fellow
man?

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

effi

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

or maybe wreckless endangerment, homicide, etc.

Phisherman

Creating a hazard of any kind is not a good idea. When you back out
of your driveway make sure your lights are on and remove anything that
is blocking your view. Keep your distance, be aware.
Stormin Mormon

Yep, it's right in the Book of Doruenwlerje.

--

"G. Morgan" wrote in message

= Stormin Mormon = wrote:

{nothing of importance}

Did Jesus tell you to murder people?

--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email

Stormin Mormon

Please?

--

"F.H." wrote in message
newsTZCd.26314$tG3.8261@trnddc02...
Stormin Mormon wrote:

What would be good and slippery to pour on that interesection? I mean, the
main street is level, and the side street slopes down gently. Wouldn't

take
much to make folks go off the road and into the yard. I think there is

also
a big rock (about four feet tall) at that intersection.

Would cooking oil do the trick? How about "mineral oil" or baby oil? Seems
like there oughta be something that would work, and would be

biodegradable.

I would tell you but that would make me not only stupid, but a
co-conspirator to cause bodily harm.

Former Mormon

MUADIB®

At the entrance to my neighborhood is a dangerous intersection. Folks come
flying around the corner at 30 MPH or so. I live one street into the
neighborhood. I almost get slammed regularly cause folks come flying into
the neighborhood, whip around the corner. I nearly bought it today, someone
came flying in. Of course, since it's around the corner I can't see them
coming.

I stomped on the brakes, hard pack snow, and slid a foot. We missed each
other, fortunately. But it got me thinking.

What would be good and slippery to pour on that interesection?

Is there a fire hydrant nearby?

Mormon=Utah?..........Cold weather,..........doesn't
dihydrogen monoxide freeze in your area?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.

F.H.

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Please?

Get another wife to help work out your frustrations.

McQualude

Stormin Mormon:

What would be good and slippery to pour on that interesection?

I'm hoping you don't have any kids.
--
McQualude
F.H.

Jim M wrote:
Why go through all the trouble of oil slicks and other goop.....just shoot
the speeding *******s.......spare the slow ones...

In Los Angeles, we do it the other way around.

PrecisionMachinisT

[...]

You are a ****ing idiot to even consider putting others at a *higher* risk
because of the actions of one.

**** you, and if YOU represent the Mormon religion, then **** ALL of
you...........

Go ahead and put ball bearings down there then, or better yet, just oil the
roadway....but dont come here afterwards complaining when EVERY car hits you
when they go to pull in there.

Dimwit.

--

SVL

JustCallMe Norman

How about reporting it to the Police Dept so they can send a squad car
out to monitor that intersection ? You dont go round taking the law
into your own hands...regardless of whether its written in a fallacious
book or not.

Mikepier

I swear you just bought back bad memories of an accident in Queens NY
in 1987 involving a disgruntled neighbor who was sick and tired of kids
drag racing on his block, so he poured oil down on the street. Then 2
kids in a Mustang GT convertible hit the slick,went out of control, and
wrapped around a tree, killing the driver, hurting the passenger. The
man who caused the accident was arrested. I happened to be there that
night. I did not see the accident, but I saw the car wrapped around the
tree. This is a true story, no BS. It was on the news. Maybe someone
else who lives in the area remembers this story.

F.H.

JustCallMe Norman wrote:
How about reporting it to the Police Dept so they can send a squad car
out to monitor that intersection ? You dont go round taking the law
into your own hands...regardless of whether its written in a fallacious
book or not.

LOL, Squad car? At last, someone older than me?

Frank
Jimmy Cagney flashback mode.

Mikepier

do you recall what the perpetrator was charged with?

I don't recall. It could have been manslaughter, but I'm not sure I was
trying to do a search on it before, but could not find anything. It
happened on Francis Lewis Boulevard in Queens,NY. I know it was in Nov
1987.

Mikepier

effi wrote:
do you recall what the perpetrator was charged with?

I don't recall. It could have been manslaughter, but I'm not sure. I
could not find anything on this story when I did a search. It happened
in Nov 1987 on Francis Lewis Blvd in Queens,NY. The driver that died
was either 19 or 20 years old.

willshak

On 1/6/2005 10:57 AM US(ET), effi took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

do you recall what the perpetrator was charged with?

In NYS, it could be numerous charges: Two of which a
SEC. 120.25
Reckless endangerment in the first degree.

A person is guilty of reckless endangerment in the first degree when,
under circumstances evincing a depraved indifference to human life, he
recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to
another person.
Reckless endangerment in the first degree is a class D felony.

SEC. 125.15
Manslaughter in the second degree.

A person is guilty of manslaughter in the second degree when:
1. He recklessly causes the death of another person
Manslaughter in the second degree is a class C felony.

Class D felony = up to 7 years.
Class C felony = up to 25 years

And let's not forget civil actions.
Mucho Dinero.

"Mikepier" wrote in message
roups.com...

I swear you just bought back bad memories of an accident in Queens NY
in 1987 involving a disgruntled neighbor who was sick and tired of kids
drag racing on his block, so he poured oil down on the street. Then 2
kids in a Mustang GT convertible hit the slick,went out of control, and
wrapped around a tree, killing the driver, hurting the passenger. The
man who caused the accident was arrested. I happened to be there that
night. I did not see the accident, but I saw the car wrapped around the
tree. This is a true story, no BS. It was on the news. Maybe someone
else who lives in the area remembers this story.

--
Bill
Mikey S.

I remember that too, I lived about 2 blocks from there at the time.
I found this article, which is about a different accident but does mention
some details of that incident as well about 2/3 of the way through the
article..

http://www.queenstribune.com/feature...pTheSpeed.html

I never knew that the person who oiled the road was eventually
acquitted...but even so...

Don't oil the road.

--

Mikey S.
http://www.mike721.com

"Mikepier" wrote in message
ups.com...
do you recall what the perpetrator was charged with?

I don't recall. It could have been manslaughter, but I'm not sure I was
trying to do a search on it before, but could not find anything. It
happened on Francis Lewis Boulevard in Queens,NY. I know it was in Nov
1987.

PrecisionMachinisT

"Gary Newman" wrote in message

not sure which is the bigger idiot

For responding to a troll.........

Then what does that make you, hmmmm ???

--

SVL

a remote operated spike strip?...an even better idea, install a speed
sensitive launched, idiot seeking ground-to-auto short ranged missile
on the corner

In fact, all new cars should come factory equiped with several short
ranged idiot seeking car to car missiles just for those numb-nuts who
think that 1.5 car lengths is more than room enuf to pull in front of
ya in heavy traffic