Stormin Mormon

Default Speed Demons

At the entrance to my neighborhood is a dangerous intersection. Folks come
flying around the corner at 30 MPH or so. I live one street into the
neighborhood. I almost get slammed regularly cause folks come flying into
the neighborhood, whip around the corner. I nearly bought it today, someone
came flying in. Of course, since it's around the corner I can't see them
coming.

I stomped on the brakes, hard pack snow, and slid a foot. We missed each
other, fortunately. But it got me thinking.

What would be good and slippery to pour on that interesection? I mean, the
main street is level, and the side street slopes down gently. Wouldn't take
much to make folks go off the road and into the yard. I think there is also
a big rock (about four feet tall) at that intersection.

Would cooking oil do the trick? How about "mineral oil" or baby oil? Seems
like there oughta be something that would work, and would be biodegradable.

--

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank