Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oops, if you're unvaccinated.

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 22 May 2021 13:51:09 -0400, micky
wrote:

Well, I'm 75 and I plead ignorance. My brain has become saturated and I
try not to learn anything new because I need to forget something else to
make room :-).

I'm 74 and I can certainly appreciate that. In fact I heard that
Sherlock Holmes said so too. (I've told that so often without checking
first that even if he didnt' say it, I may have spread the story.)

Ironically, I'm probably learning more stuff now than ever before,
including when I was in school. I spend 3 or 4 hours a day on the web
reading one story after another. When I'm not doing that, I'm eating,
watching tv, and reading a news magazine on paper. And I think I
remember a lot of it, so I can only wonder what gets ejected from my
brain to make room.

My big problem now is not being able to think of the word I want or the
name of some famous person.

Just now it took me 5 minutes to think of the word symmetric. All I
could think of is symbiosis, a word I see and use 1/20th of the
frequency for symmetric.

But I also know I'm not getting stupid. There was a time, until age 45
or 50 or so that, except for routine things, I could remember every
place I'd ever been, everything I'd ever said, and everything I'd ever
done. I am now forgetting a few details (though sometimes after a
couple hours they come back to me.) I should have written my biography
earlier. It's too late now to do a good enough job.

But, I can remember loads of stuff from my childhood through age 30.
Life got more routine then so I can't remember every detail -- I can't
remember if I changed the springs on the '88 LeBaron or the '95 LeBaron,
or if I thought about it but never changed the springs at all.

But I did a lot of traveling from 2017 to 2019 and I can remember
hundreds of places, including what they look like. When I was doing
something interesting, now, years later, I can remember the road I drove
down, where I turned right, where I parked, where I walked, where I
stopped to eat, what the rocks looked like where I went to the beach.
I can picture intersections, and the layout of stores and movie lobbies
that I was in.

Doesn't it take more brain power and more brain storage to remember a
picture than a fact expressed in words? Would *our* brains be so
different from computer memory?

And when I look at a spot on a map, I see what I saw when I was there.
(That's a separate thing related to my close relationship to maps.)

I can from memory draw a map of the 2 countries I've been to lately,
including the shape of the country in detail, where cities are, the
roads between them, where "attractions" are, and within the cities the
major and sometimes the minor streets. I don't need a map anymore to
get around the cities or the country. Places I'd never been to before
2017.

But I can't remember what word I want to use, or the name of the person
who invented whachamacallit.

And where is my recycle bin?

Much of the stuff I can't rmemeber might still be in there, because
details come back to me sometimes after a few hours. But I don't know
how to speed this up or make it more frequent.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" "frank wrote in message
On 5/22/2021 1:53 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 11:50:07 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 5/22/2021 11:18 AM, Retirednoguilt wrote:
On 2021-05-21, micky wrote:
And there you go, proving what I expected. There have been
150,000,000
-- One hundred fifty million vaccinations -- and NO blood clots for
Moderna or Pfizer, and only about 18 for Johnson and Johnson.

It has only been a few months. The idea that this is enough time to
"prove"
these experimental, non-approved vaccines are "safe" is nonsensical
in the
extreme. I won't be vaccinated any time soon.

You need to appreciate relative risk. The risk of getting a blood
clot complication from an mRNA vaccine is far lower than the risk of
getting a serious/fatal case of COVID. Besides, please define your
criterion for "enough time"; and how is 0/150,000,000 an unsafe track
record?

There is risk in everything. I have also mentioned that clots are a
common risk killing more people than breast cancer. One nearly did me
in over 20 years ago and had to be surgically removed. The surgeon
told me his father died from a clot.

Covid itself presents a higher clot risk than the vaccine and
apparently are common so if he wants to get his clots from covid that
is his choice.

However, his choice is severely endangering all immunocompromised
people, those who were vaccinated but failed to get an adequate immune
response, and all those who also are unvaccinated for various medical,
logistical, and perverse reasons. Actually, unvaccinated people place
everyone at risk because every additional infection increases the risk
of a new mutant variety that may be resistant to the existing vaccines
and the unvaccinated are far more likely to become infected than almost
all of us who are presently fully vaccinated.
I agree it is stupid not to get vaccinated and they do not help in
creating the herd immunity. To think that all of us that got the
vaccine are going to suffer bad side effects in years to come is equally
dumb.

I think the new mask mandate in DE is that if you are vaccinated you no
longer need to wear a mask but if not you must still wear a mask. So we
can identify the stupid ones.

No you can't, because people will lie and AFAIK, few places are asking
for
proof. That idea was strenuously objected to by the crazy Republicans.
Some like the governors of FL and TX even banded towns, cities,
businesses
from trying to do it.

Thinking all Republicans are crazy boarders on racist.

Nope, no race involved. Prejudiced/bigoted at most.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Well, I'm 75 and I plead ignorance. My brain has become saturated and I
try not to learn anything new because I need to forget something else to
make room :-).

I'm 74 and I can certainly appreciate that. In fact I heard that
Sherlock Holmes said so too. (I've told that so often without checking
first that even if he didnt' say it, I may have spread the story.)

Ironically, I'm probably learning more stuff now than ever before,
including when I was in school. I spend 3 or 4 hours a day on the web
reading one story after another. When I'm not doing that, I'm eating,
watching tv, and reading a news magazine on paper. And I think I
remember a lot of it, so I can only wonder what gets ejected from my
brain to make room.

My big problem now is not being able to think of the
word I want or the name of some famous person.

Yep, me too, but google is a fantastic help with that.
Hardly ever isnt the word I want on the first page of
hits and often the first non advert hit too.

Just now it took me 5 minutes to think of the word symmetric.

That's just the Alzhiemers, nothing to worry about until
you don't even recognise your own wife or kids anymore
and have forgotten how to eat and where to **** and crap.

All I could think of is symbiosis, a word I see
and use 1/20th of the frequency for symmetric.

But I also know I'm not getting stupid.

Yeah, it's a well known problem with old age.

There was a time, until age 45 or 50 or so that, except for
routine things, I could remember every place I'd ever been,

I still can except for garage/yard sales, but remember most of those.

everything I'd ever said, and everything I'd ever done.

I did occasionally get a surprise when someone
reminded me of a warranty claim etc we had
discussed. That hasn't got any worse tho and
I am a little older than you.

I am now forgetting a few details (though sometimes
after a couple hours they come back to me.)

I sometimes forget the name of someone I know
very well when trying to name them in conversation
to someone else, but it always come back later.

I should have written my biography earlier.
It's too late now to do a good enough job.

It would still work fine for me.

But, I can remember loads of stuff from my childhood through age 30.

I never could remember school results etc like some people could.
And it always did take some time for person's name to stick in my
head but in my case that must be genetic because my dad did
comment that the best way to help with that is to use it more.

But I never had any problem remembering vast numbers
of TTL ic numbers without trying for some reason.

Life got more routine then so I can't remember every detail -- I can't
remember if I changed the springs on the '88 LeBaron or the '95
LeBaron, or if I thought about it but never changed the springs at all.

I don't have that problem but I keep cars for much longer
than most do. Used the VW Golf for 45 years and it only
needed a handful of cheap repairs.

But I did a lot of traveling from 2017 to 2019 and I can remember
hundreds of places, including what they look like. When I was doing
something interesting, now, years later, I can remember the road I drove
down, where I turned right, where I parked, where I walked, where I
stopped to eat, what the rocks looked like where I went to the beach.
I can picture intersections, and the layout of stores and movie lobbies
that I was in.

Me too.

Doesn't it take more brain power and more brain storage to
remember a picture than a fact expressed in words? Would
*our* brains be so different from computer memory?

Yep, very different. You never get that weird effect that a particular
smell takes you back to some past event with computers.

And a tiny number suddenly don't even know what happened
for days before but can still speak and comprehend etc. And
those days come back later. You don't get that with computers.

And when I look at a spot on a map, I see what I saw when I was there.
(That's a separate thing related to my close relationship to maps.)

Yeah, me too. Doesn't work for lots of people tho.

I can from memory draw a map of the 2 countries I've been to lately,
including the shape of the country in detail, where cities are, the
roads between them, where "attractions" are, and within the cities the
major and sometimes the minor streets. I don't need a map anymore to
get around the cities or the country. Places I'd never been to before
2017.

Yeah, I have always had an excellent sense of direction, never get lost
even in places I have never been to before with no map or gps.

I was stunned when I bloke I was working with when discussing
something in his office said 'the swamp' and waved his arm in
the direction 180 degrees from where it actually is.

And when a mate of mine who chose to drive himself behind
me to a place just out of town had to come back at the same
time as I did because he wasn't confident that he could
come back by himself in his own car.

But I can't remember what word I want to use, or the
name of the person who invented whachamacallit.

Or even the name of some notorious criminal.

I never forget Manson's name or Hitlers tho for some reason.

And where is my recycle bin?

Much of the stuff I can't rmemeber might still be in there,

Yeah, I often find I can remember it later, particularly
with people I used to work with a lot decades ago.

because details come back to me sometimes after a few hours.
But I don't know how to speed this up or make it more frequent.

I don't either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Sun, 23 May 2021 05:59:52 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the endlessly bull****ing, trolling senile asshole's latest troll****
unread

--
Richard about senile Rodent:
"Rod Speed, a bare faced pig and ignorant ****."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Auto-contradicting Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Sun, 23 May 2021 05:29:59 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Nope

LOL!!! Sick cretin!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/22/2021 2:51 PM, Frank wrote:

I think the new mask mandate in DE is that if you are vaccinated you no
longer need to wear a mask but if not you must still wear a mask. So we
can identify the stupid ones.

No you can't, because people will lie and AFAIK, few places are asking
for
proof.Â*Â* That idea was strenuously objected to by the crazy Republicans.
Some like the governors of FL and TX even banded towns, cities,
businesses
from trying to do it.

Thinking all Republicans are crazy boarders on racist.

I can agree with that but what was once a "normal" Republican is now
called a RINO if they do not support Trump. Many are afraid to not
support him.

I support and vote for politicians that have the balls to speak for what
they believe in and it may not be the line of the party leader.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/22/2021 11:02 AM, Maskless Sociopath wrote:
On 5/22/2021 1:51 PM, trader_4 wrote:
I was listening to Brian Kilmeade on WABC radio yesterday.Â* He's much
better
than Hannity or Carlson.Â* He had on Geraldo Rivera, who is a
Republican that is
pro-vaccine, pro requiring a vaccine passport for events, etc.

Geraldo's not a genuine Republican if he's mandating an experimental
gene therapy shot. Geraldo is either a RINOcrat or a ****in' commie.

The vaccine passports are just another step down the slippery slope to
communism that the democrats seem to want so badly. Â* Good grief!

Always speaking for the wacko righties that got trump fired. Keep up the
good work destroying the Repub party.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 May 2021 14:02:07 -0400, Maskless Sociopath
wrote:

On 5/22/2021 1:51 PM, trader_4 wrote:
I was listening to Brian Kilmeade on WABC radio yesterday. He's much better
than Hannity or Carlson. He had on Geraldo Rivera, who is a Republican that is
pro-vaccine, pro requiring a vaccine passport for events, etc.

Geraldo's not a genuine Republican if he's mandating an experimental gene therapy shot. Geraldo is either a RINOcrat or a ****in' commie.

The vaccine passports are just another step down the slippery slope to communism that the democrats seem to want so badly. * Good grief!

There's a saying that goes something like this:
" Your right to behave like an asshole stops where the rights of
others begin"
Anti vaxxers and other right wing libertarians need to take it to
heart.

Very similad to "your right to swing your arms ends where my nose
begins"
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 23 May 2021 05:59:52 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
.. .

And when I look at a spot on a map, I see what I saw when I was there.
(That's a separate thing related to my close relationship to maps.)

Yeah, me too. Doesn't work for lots of people tho.

I can from memory draw a map of the 2 countries I've been to lately,
including the shape of the country in detail, where cities are, the
roads between them, where "attractions" are, and within the cities the
major and sometimes the minor streets. I don't need a map anymore to
get around the cities or the country. Places I'd never been to before
2017.

Yeah, I have always had an excellent sense of direction, never get lost
even in places I have never been to before with no map or gps.

That too. The whole thing is eerie.

It's not literally 100%, but there are times I don't see how I possibly
had enough information to know where I am, but I still know.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2021-05-23, Clare Snyder wrote:
There's a saying that goes something like this:
" Your right to behave like an asshole stops where the rights of
others begin"
Anti vaxxers and other right wing libertarians need to take it to
heart.

No, it is leftist morons who need to take it to heart. You have no right
to demand that anyone be subjected to medical experimentation via "vaccines"
that have had no long-term testing and are not even FDA approved. That is
YOU swinging YOUR arms/fists into others' noses making such demands. You have
absolutely no right to demand anyone to take *any* kind of medication or to
relegate "refuseniks" to 2nd-class status.

Vaccine "passports" (actually Soviet-style internal passports) are
unlikely to survive a court challenge in the U.S., given the strong
history of legislation and court deicisions in favor of medical privacy
and forbidding such discrimination on that basis. Even the Left's most
holy of holies - Roe v. Wade - was decided on the basis of medical
privacy.

I will not be vaccinated any time soon. I will not cooperate with vaccine
"passports".

18 Reasons I won't be vaccinated -- https://tinyurl.com/ebty2dx3
Covid vaccines: experimental biology -- https://tinyurl.com/57mncfm5
The fraud of "Climate Change" -- https://RealClimateScience.com
Don't talk to cops! -- https://DontTalkToCops.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Roger Blake" wrote in message
On 2021-05-23, Clare Snyder wrote:
[...]

Great. the more of you fools it kills the better.

I will not cooperate with vaccine "passports".

Great. the more inconvenienced you fools are the better.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2021-05-23, Clare Snyder wrote:
[...]

Roger Blake

No one is demanding that you get the shot. We are asking you
to get it.
I'm fully vaccinated so I cannot give it to you and you
cannot give it
to me so why should I care if you are not vaccinated, that's
your
problem to worry about. I'm free to live life as before.
You're the one
in trouble and paranoid. phil k.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2021-05-23, Clare Snyder wrote:
[...]

I guess you can get away with that now that the CDC has changed their
stance. Three weeks ago when I suggested the unvaccinated could just
take their chances with Darwin and let us live our lives.
I got beat up.
"What about the children" and **** like that.
Then Stanford Medical School came out and showed that the hospitals
were cooking the books on child Covid and it wasn't nearly as bad as
they said it was. I am not that worried about the children.

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2021/05/covid-19-hospitalizations-among-kids-likely-overcounted.html

^^^^^^^^^^^
(Just for Joyce, a direct cite)

I think Trader was right when he compared it to seat belts in a car.
It may not save you every time but it improves your odds.
Occasionally a seat belt might even cause your death but it is like
winning the lottery ... in the bad way..
Put the dice in the cup and throw them but I am betting on numbers
around 7. I got my shots as soon as it was easy, just like I said I
would and it is real easy now.
Play the odds, get the shot.
I won't hold it against you if you want to be "free".
Just shut the **** up if you get Covid, I won't care.

Maskless and ready to accept a kiss from a pretty girl ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2021-05-23, Clare Snyder wrote:
[...]

Exactly. Since the vaccination is so effective, it doesn't matter if
others have it or not. Many stores have signs now that if you're
fully vaccinated, masks are no longer required. Of course, they can't
know who's vaccinated but who cares?

My employer's policy is that, though vaccinations are highly
encouraged (even with time off for adverse reactions) they're not
going to require them. However, some may have to go to customer's
sites that require vaccinations, or have to travel as part of the job.
It was expected that employees would be able to do their jobs.

I had my second (Maderna) on Feb. 9. I never really worried
(concerned, yes. Petrified, no) about it. Since February I haven't
cared at all. It's about time the government "followed the science".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2021-05-23, Clare Snyder wrote:
[...]

None of them would actually be that stupid, only a few of the morbidly
obese.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 May 2021 11:05:32 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 May 2021 14:39:46 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Nym-Shifting Senile Australian Pest!

On Mon, 24 May 2021 14:44:49 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Sun, 23 May 2021 22:54:30 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

When I went to the grocery store today the masks required sigh was still
up. I would estimate compliance was running around 50% and nobody was
interested in enforcing it. The gym took the signs down formalizing what
had been very spotty compliance.

WHERE the **** did you learn to talk in such an ostentatious wordy manner,
senile bigmouth? LOL Have you ever considered that your verbosity might be
the reason why people in RL won't listen to your wordy output?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 6:32:58 AM UTC-4, Larry wrote:
On 5/24/21 2:16 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 23 May 2021 22:54:30 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/23/2021 09:18 PM, wrote:
Exactly. Since the vaccination is so effective, it doesn't matter if
others have it or not. Many stores have signs now that if you're
fully vaccinated, masks are no longer required. Of course, they can't
know who's vaccinated but who cares?

When I went to the grocery store today the masks required sigh was still
up. I would estimate compliance was running around 50% and nobody was
interested in enforcing it. The gym took the signs down formalizing what
had been very spotty compliance.

I noticed the only place with a sign was Publix and some of their
employees were ignoring it. Everyone else took down the sign including
Costco who started that whole thing here. A face shield was always
good there tho, including their people.

Michigan's phoney-baloney hypocritical evil dictator governor, Cruella de Whitmer, still has mask orders in effect...but she was caught violating her own orders this weekend.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...s-at-dive-bar/

If Michigan doesn't oust the crooked voting machines and the Wayne County election fraudsters, we'll prolly still have mask orders 6 years from now.

Perhaps you should move to Texas or Florida or something.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 5:13:51 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/22/2021 2:51 PM, Frank wrote:

I think the new mask mandate in DE is that if you are vaccinated you no
longer need to wear a mask but if not you must still wear a mask. So we
can identify the stupid ones.

No you can't, because people will lie and AFAIK, few places are asking
for
proof. That idea was strenuously objected to by the crazy Republicans.
Some like the governors of FL and TX even banded towns, cities,
businesses
from trying to do it.

Thinking all Republicans are crazy boarders on racist.

I can agree with that but what was once a "normal" Republican is now
called a RINO if they do not support Trump. Many are afraid to not
support him.

Note also that I never said all Republicans are crazy, I said "the crazy Republicans".

I support and vote for politicians that have the balls to speak for what
they believe in and it may not be the line of the party leader.

+1

Sadly the number of those Republicans has greatly diminished and they are the
minority now. Most of them know better, eg McConnell and McCarthy. They were
speaking the truth about Trump and the insurrection back in January, right after
it took place. Now they've flipped again, because they see the cult is still behind
Trump. Even worse, the party that always said they were the party with the big
tent, that they won't drive out and shun party members with differing ideas, is now
actively conduction a purge of any and all that won't lie for Trump and support him.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2021-05-23, Clare Snyder wrote:
There's a saying that goes something like this:
" Your right to behave like an asshole stops where the rights of
others begin"
Anti vaxxers and other right wing libertarians need to take it to
heart.

No, it is leftist morons who need to take it to heart. You have no right
to demand that anyone be subjected to medical experimentation via "vaccines"

Who is doing this alleged demanding? What I see is that it's being strongly
recommended because it can save your life and the lives of others. AFAIK, no govt
authority has issued any mandate that you have to get vaccinated. Some
businesses and events may require you to be vaccinated to enter, have seating
set aside for people who are vaccinated, have proof and want to sit safely with
similar people. I thought Republicans were for the rights of private citizens
and businesses to do as they please? Seems when a baker refused to make a
cake for a gay wedding, Republicans said that was OK.

that have had no long-term testing and are not even FDA approved.

That's a lie. The vaccines have FDA emergency approval and we have test
data now on people going back over a year. With 150 mil vaccinated, we have
a lot of data and worldwide it's even larger. Pfizer is in the process of getting
regular approval now, but I'll take bets that won't matter, you'll come up with
the next excuse.

That is
YOU swinging YOUR arms/fists into others' noses making such demands. You have
absolutely no right to demand anyone to take *any* kind of medication or to
relegate "refuseniks" to 2nd-class status.

I'll bet you didn't say that when the bakers in Colorado refused to bake a
cake for a gay couple.

Vaccine "passports" (actually Soviet-style internal passports) are
unlikely to survive a court challenge in the U.S., given the strong
history of legislation and court deicisions in favor of medical privacy
and forbidding such discrimination on that basis. Even the Left's most
holy of holies - Roe v. Wade - was decided on the basis of medical
privacy.

That's news to me. Roe v Wade was decided on the basis of medical
privacy? I thought it was decided on the implied rights of a woman to
do what she wants with her own body, not on keeping it private. Some
crazy Republicans will probably bring a suit. I demand to be let into that
private event, without a vaccine, without a mask, without social distancing!
We'll see how that goes.

I will not be vaccinated any time soon. I will not cooperate with vaccine
"passports".

We'll see how that goes for you. I see WAPO had a story about how the infection
rates are rapidly dropping for the country as a whole, but the remaining infections
are becoming concentrated in those who are not vaccinated. Another reason to
keep people like you out of large gatherings.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2021-05-23, Clare Snyder wrote:
[...]

That's not true. We knew from the beginning that the best vaccines were only
about 95% effective in preventing *symptomatic Covid infection*. That leaves
about 5% that are going to get symptomatic Covid. And we have learned that
some that are vaccinated also get infected, but have no symptoms, so the rate of
the vaccines at preventing infection are well below 95%. The NY Yankess are a
good example, 9 people there just got infected, all were vaccinated, one also had
Covid before. That was with the J&J, which is less effective, but the principle is
the same. What is generally true is that if you're vaccinated, your chance of having
a bad case where you need hospitalization or die is exceedingly small.

so why should I care if you are not vaccinated, that's
your
problem to worry about. I'm free to live life as before.
You're the one
in trouble and paranoid. phil k.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2021-05-23, Clare Snyder wrote:
[...]

Yes it does, unless you want Covid to linger on for years, with more mutation,
possibly into worse strains. And people having to get vaccinated every year.
And there are people who can't get vaccinated because they have medical
conditions where it's not advisable.

Many stores have signs now that if you're
fully vaccinated, masks are no longer required. Of course, they can't
know who's vaccinated but who cares?

I do. I prefer to stay away from unvaccinated Covid deniers. Besides
refusing to get vaccinated, from what I see, they are generally science denying
fools who are doing plenty of stupid things and hence more likely to be
infected.

My employer's policy is that, though vaccinations are highly
encouraged (even with time off for adverse reactions) they're not
going to require them. However, some may have to go to customer's
sites that require vaccinations, or have to travel as part of the job.
It was expected that employees would be able to do their jobs.

I had my second (Maderna) on Feb. 9. I never really worried
(concerned, yes. Petrified, no) about it. Since February I haven't
cared at all. It's about time the government "followed the science".

The government has been following the science, it's just that the crazies
deny basic science and want to bitch endlessly. Imagine Roosevelt trying to
fight WWII, with crazy Republicans. You can't tell me how much bacon,
sugar and gas I can have! That's communisim! Waaaah!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 11:32:30 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 23 May 2021 23:29:11 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/23/2021 11:18 PM, wrote:

Exactly. Since the vaccination is so effective, it doesn't matter if
others have it or not. Many stores have signs now that if you're
fully vaccinated, masks are no longer required. Of course, they can't
know who's vaccinated but who cares?

I care a little bit. The vaccines are not 100%. If you are vaccinated
it reduces the odds for me should you be an un-vaccinated carrier. The
more that have the shot the better we all will be long term.

There is no chance. Even if you get infected, there isn't enough
viral load to pass it on.

And you're cite for that is? The NY Yankess just had 9 infected, all had been
vaccinated, one previously had Covid back in December. It seems likely that
they passed it to each other.

I'm not wearing a mask but I'm still not going to big gatherings of the
masses.

I have never worn a mask unless it was required for entry. We were
going to restaurants last July (takeout in June).

No surprise there, I guess.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/24/2021 9:22 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

So that makes you saying that most republicans are crazy and fyi if you
said that about blacks you would still be called racist.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 24/05/2021 15:43, Frank wrote:
[...]

minority now.Â*Â* Most of them know better, eg McConnell and McCarthy.
They were
speaking the truth about Trump and the insurrection back in January,
right after
it took place.Â*Â* Now they've flipped again, because they see the cult
is still behind
Trump.Â* Even worse, the party that always said they were the party
with the big
tent, that they won't drive out and shun party members with differing
ideas, is now
actively conduction a purge of any and all that won't lie for Trump
and support him.

So that makes you saying that most republicans are crazy and fyi if you
said that about blacks you would still be called racist.

Most Brits perceive Republicans as crazy folk.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/2021 7:41 PM, Roger Blake wrote:
On 2021-05-23, Clare Snyder wrote:
[...]

Do yourself a favor and learn a little history about how and why the
U.S. got our smallpox cases down to zero. Learn about the history of
mandatory smallpox vaccination in the U.S. Learn about the PHS 731 (the
"yellow card"), how it was implemented and why it was required (as a
"vaccine passport") to travel internationally for decades. Don't be so
certain that the Federal government couldn't impose new vaccination and
vaccination documentation requirements. And, just for your information,
the rate of serious side effects and even deaths from smallpox
immunization was far higher than what's been found for any of the
currently used 3 anti-COVID vaccines.

As far as being experimental, you are certainly correct from an ethical
perspective. Even our military, which does impose mandatory vaccination
for active duty personnel for many infectious diseases has not done so
for the anti-COIVD vaccines. At least not yet. I have read several
opinions from experts in medical-legal matters that the issue of the
legality of mandating vaccination with an experimental vaccine is not
settled law and therefore, how courts would rule is currently indeterminate.

Pfizer has recently submitted a full licensing data package to the
FDA and the other two are expected to follow soon when they accumulate
the required set of 6-month minimum follow-up data. Time from
submission to full licensing by the FDA usually requires several months.
At this time, nothing has appeared in the data to suggest that
ultimately any of the 3 currently used vaccines will not be fully licensed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2021-05-23, Clare Snyder wrote:
[...]

I will wait a few years before I take any new "vaccine." Side effects
will be reported during MY waiting period. I want to know how it
effects a lot of people before I'll be willing to take a covid vaccine.
My immune system fights off viruses just fine and has done so for over
6 decades.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/24/2021 11:01 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

If you believe the media, that may be true but if so makes you racist too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2021-05-23, Clare Snyder wrote:
[...]

Only one thing is certain, vaccinated or not you will eventually die.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 24/05/2021 16:55, Frank wrote:
On 5/24/2021 11:01 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Â*
Most Brits perceive Republicans as crazy folk.

If you believe the media, that may be true but if so makes you racist too.

I am not racist and many of us read US news, both Fox etc and
Reuters/The Hill etc. I am also a Conservative, as is our government.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 May 2021 06:47:02 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 11:18:39 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I had my second (Maderna) on Feb. 9. I never really worried
(concerned, yes. Petrified, no) about it. Since February I haven't
cared at all. It's about time the government "followed the science".

The government has been following the science, it's just that the crazies
deny basic science and want to bitch endlessly. Imagine Roosevelt trying to
fight WWII, with crazy Republicans. You can't tell me how much bacon,
sugar and gas I can have! That's communisim! Waaaah!

Women even agreed to stop buying nylon stockings, with some going to the
trouble of painting a line down the back of their legs to get the look. I
don't think that level of personal sacrifice would fly today, especially
with the residents of crazytown.