Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Oops, if you're unvaccinated.

Well, this is sort of obvious, once you think about it, but who has time
to think about it in advance:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...dae302596 ac3
The country’s declining covid-19 case rates present an unrealistically
optimistic perspective for half of the nation — the half that is still
not vaccinated.

As more people receive vaccines, covid-19 cases are occurring mostly in
the increasingly narrow slice of the unprotected population. So The
Washington Post adjusted its case, death and hospitalization rates to
account for that — and found that in some places, the virus continues to
rage among those who haven’t received a shot.

“Things are getting safer for those who are vaccinated,” the state’s
secretary of health, Umair A. Shah, told The Post. “For those who are
unvaccinated, they remain at risk. We have to make sure that nuanced
message is getting to our community.” He's being generous when he
calls that nuance. If the rate of pregnancy were higher among women
then men, would understanding that be a nuance?