Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Large van in traffic accident

OT Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed, and they
were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose. How did they get
into the country? Didn't they rebuild that part of the wall to make it
impassable, or what? Serious question. Even if it does give rise to
possible side comments.

This was not a big story afaik so I miss the days when there were more
people here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/4/21 5:47 PM, micky wrote:
OT Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed, and they
were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose. How did they get
into the country? Didn't they rebuild that part of the wall to make it
impassable, or what? Serious question. Even if it does give rise to
possible side comments.

This was not a big story afaik so I miss the days when there were more
people here.

It wasn't a van, was a Ford Expedition with seats removed. It and a
Chevy passed thru a hole in the fence. No wall.

Story was all over "normal" news outlets CNN, ABC etc

Read about it here https://kyma.com/category/news/imperial-county/
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote

Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed,
and they were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose.
How did they get into the country?

Past that border.

Didn't they rebuild that part of the wall

Only part of it, Congress wasn't going to provide stupid money to do it all.

to make it impassable, or what?

What.

Serious question. Even if it does give rise to possible side comments.

Or snide comments.

This was not a big story afaik so I miss the
days when there were more people here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 17:47:07 -0500, micky wrote:

OT Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed, and they
were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose. How did they get
into the country? Didn't they rebuild that part of the wall to make it
impassable, or what? Serious question. Even if it does give rise to
possible side comments.

This was not a big story afaik so I miss the days when there were more
people here.

FYI, if you have Internet access, you can read news articles online.

Here's something to get you started. There are lots of articles about that
accident.
https://news.search.yahoo.com/search...order+crossing

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 21:38:50 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 17:47:07 -0500, micky wrote:

OT Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed, and they
were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose. How did they get
into the country? Didn't they rebuild that part of the wall to make it
impassable, or what? Serious question. Even if it does give rise to
possible side comments.

This was not a big story afaik so I miss the days when there were more
people here.

FYI, if you have Internet access, you can read news articles online.

Here's something to get you started. There are lots of articles about that
accident.
https://news.search.yahoo.com/search...order+crossing

and it was anything BUT a "large van"

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Joyce" wrote in message
On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 17:47:07 -0500, micky wrote:

OT Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed, and they
were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose. How did they get
into the country? Didn't they rebuild that part of the wall to make it
impassable, or what? Serious question. Even if it does give rise to
possible side comments.

This was not a big story afaik so I miss the days when there were more
people here.

FYI, if you have Internet access, you can read news articles online.

Yeah, its all I do now, don't even listen to the daily TV news anymore.
Much more convenient to only read the articles that interest me and
skip the crap that is of no interest to me like sport and stupid celebs etc.

Here's something to get you started.
There are lots of articles about that accident.
https://news.search.yahoo.com/search...order+crossing

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 4 Mar 2021 18:45:37 -0500,
wrote:

On 3/4/21 5:47 PM, micky wrote:
OT Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed, and they
were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose. How did they get
into the country? Didn't they rebuild that part of the wall to make it
impassable, or what? Serious question. Even if it does give rise to
possible side comments.

This was not a big story afaik so I miss the days when there were more
people here.

It wasn't a van, was a Ford Expedition

That's not a van? Oh, I thought you were gouing to tell me it's
bigger, but it's smaller. I'm glad I'm not desperate.

with seats removed. It and a
Chevy passed thru a hole in the fence. No wall.

I guess trump should have fixed that first.

Story was all over "normal" news outlets CNN, ABC etc

Read about it here https://kyma.com/category/news/imperial-county/

The sign says to stay 100 feet from the fence. It's not trump's fault
they didn't do that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 13:20:02 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 3/4/21 5:47 PM, micky wrote:
OT Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed, and they
were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose. How did they get
into the country? Didn't they rebuild that part of the wall to make it
impassable, or what? Serious question. Even if it does give rise to
possible side comments.

This was not a big story afaik so I miss the days when there were more
people here.

It wasn't a van, was a Ford Expedition

That's not a van? Oh, I thought you were gouing to tell me it's
bigger, but it's smaller. I'm glad I'm not desperate.

Anybody who could get 27 people in an Expedition could teach the clowns
a thing or two. Extracting the dead must have been fun.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 07:59:00 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

That's not a van? Oh, I thought you were gouing to tell me it's
bigger, but it's smaller. I'm glad I'm not desperate.

Anybody who could get 27 people in an Expedition could teach the clowns
a thing or two. Extracting the dead must have been fun.

Do tell, senile bigmouth!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 5:47:14 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
OT Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed, and they
were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose. How did they get
into the country?

Uncle Joe invited them in with his stupid Democrat policies, you know, open borders,
that's how. And they drove through a missing section of border wall that
either they or someone else had removed. Invite them in, then say we have
a problem, amnesty, legalization, then repeat. It's the Democrat way.

This was not a big story afaik so I miss the days when there were more
people here.

Of course not, the media were covering for Biden and the Democrats. A good
example of the biased mainstream media.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 3/4/21 5:47 PM, micky wrote:
OT Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed, and they
were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose. How did they get
into the country? Didn't they rebuild that part of the wall to make it
impassable, or what? Serious question. Even if it does give rise to
possible side comments.

This was not a big story afaik so I miss the days when there were more
people here.

It wasn't a van, was a Ford Expedition

That's not a van? Oh, I thought you were gouing to tell me it's
bigger, but it's smaller. I'm glad I'm not desperate.

Anybody who could get 27 people in an Expedition could teach the clowns a
thing or two. Extracting the dead must have been fun.

And getting out if it hadn't killed you too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/4/21 9:20 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
micky wrote

Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed,
and they were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose.
How did they get into the country?

Past that border.

The vehicle was a plain old SUV, not a large van and it got T-boned by
an 18-wheeler.

Seems the SUV driver didn't even bother to slow down- much less stop- at
one of those big old bright red 8-sided stop signs.

Adios, amigos.

--
I was almost run off the road this afternoon by some guy making an
undocumented U-turn.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/5/2021 11:25 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 3/4/21 9:20 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
micky wrote

Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed,
and they were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose.
How did they get into the country?

Past that border.

The vehicle was a plain old SUV, not a large van and it got T-boned by
an 18-wheeler.

Seems the SUV driver didn't even bother to slow down- much less stop- at
one of those big old bright red 8-sided stop signs.

Adios, amigos.

The sign was probably only in English so he had no idea what it said.

I have to wonder if a couple of the people were dead before the crash,
suffocated on the bottom of the pile.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 03:05:07 +1100, Fredcantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile cretin's latest troll**** unread

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/5/21 11:25 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 3/4/21 9:20 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
micky wrote

Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed,
and they were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose.
How did they get into the country?

Past that border.

The vehicle was a plain old SUV, not a large van and it got T-boned by
an 18-wheeler.

Seems the SUV driver didn't even bother to slow down- much less stop- at
one of those big old bright red 8-sided stop signs.

Adios, amigos.

There is also some thought that the total weight was a gross overload of
the SUV's brakes, and it was unable to come to a stop soon enough.

If the SUV has a data recorder, the cops will know soon enough.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wade Garrett wrote
Rod Speed wrote
micky wrote

Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed,
and they were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose.

How did they get into the country?

Past that border.

The vehicle was a plain old SUV, not a large van and it got T-boned by an
18-wheeler.

Seems the SUV driver didn't even bother to slow down- much less stop-

Thats much less clear.

at one of those big old bright red 8-sided stop signs.

Adios, amigos.

Only about half of them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 11:50:22 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/5/2021 11:25 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 3/4/21 9:20 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
micky wrote

Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed,
and they were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose.
How did they get into the country?

Past that border.

The vehicle was a plain old SUV, not a large van and it got T-boned by
an 18-wheeler.

Seems the SUV driver didn't even bother to slow down- much less stop- at
one of those big old bright red 8-sided stop signs.

Adios, amigos.

The sign was probably only in English so he had no idea what it said.

Seems unlikely since stop signs in Mexico are the same size, shape, and
color of our stop signs. Only the letters are different: ALTO vs STOP. My
guess is there were a lot of distractions in that vehicle.

I have to wonder if a couple of the people were dead before the crash,
suffocated on the bottom of the pile.

With 25 adults in there, it was quite the clown car. When I was a young
kid, there'd be 8 kids and 2 adults in a '67 Chevy Caprice for our
quarterly road trips to see Grandma and I remember how uncomfortable that
was, so I can't even imagine 25 adults in that SUV.

One of the responding LE officers made an unintended joke, saying he didn't
believe there were enough seat belts for everyone.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 07:33:21 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 5:47:14 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
OT Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed, and they
were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose. How did they get
into the country?

Uncle Joe invited them in with his stupid Democrat policies, you know, open borders,
that's how. And they drove through a missing section of border wall that
either they or someone else had removed. Invite them in, then say we have
a problem, amnesty, legalization, then repeat. It's the Democrat way.

This was not a big story afaik so I miss the days when there were more
people here.

Of course not, the media were covering for Biden and the Democrats. A good
example of the biased mainstream media.

I think all of the major news outlets covered the story. I first read about
it on CNN's mobile app, then I saw it on CBS and ABC. If those three
covered it, the rest likely did, as well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Joyce" wrote in message
[...]

Bit hard to have seat belts with no seats.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, far more likely that I wasn't paying attention to the news for a
day or two.

On certain subjects, trader is near as foolish as those he criticizes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 04 Mar 2021 17:47:07 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

This was not a big story afaik so I miss the days when there were more
people here.

Why? You were one of the first to drive people off here. You reap what you sow.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 07:59:00 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

wrote:

On 3/4/21 5:47 PM, micky wrote:
OT Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed, and they
were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose. How did they get
into the country? Didn't they rebuild that part of the wall to make it
impassable, or what? Serious question. Even if it does give rise to
possible side comments.

This was not a big story afaik so I miss the days when there were more
people here.

It wasn't a van, was a Ford Expedition

That's not a van? Oh, I thought you were gouing to tell me it's
bigger, but it's smaller. I'm glad I'm not desperate.

Anybody who could get 27 people in an Expedition could teach the clowns
a thing or two. Extracting the dead must have been fun.

I responded to an accident that had 22 people in a Ford Econoline 15 passenger
van.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, he is actually stupid enough to believe that Raygun personally ended
the
cold war, that any prez determines the state of the economy in the USA, etc
etc etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 09:21:52 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/05/2021 09:25 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:

Seems the SUV driver didn't even bother to slow down- much less stop- at
one of those big old bright red 8-sided stop signs.

It didn't say ALTO. How was he supposed to know?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 3/4/21 5:47 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Let me guess... the driver didn't have a Class C CDL.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 18:33:30 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Seems the SUV driver didn't even bother to slow down- much less stop- at
one of those big old bright red 8-sided stop signs.

It didn't say ALTO. How was he supposed to know?

Maybe he was distracted by some senile gossip sitting behind him, such as
yourself, lowbrowwoman?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

When I saw it covered, there was no mention that they were illegal aliens
that had just driven across the border through a section of wall that was removed.
It was just gee, what a horrible traffic accident. And no follow up. If this was
Trump, they would have been talking about it for 3 days straight, in vivid detail.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Are you denying that Uncle Joe is waving in people from Mexico, Central America,
and now increasingly from other countries? He put out the message, just show up
at the border, say you want asylum, you get right in. They give you $1100 and a
notice to appear in court 4.5 years from now. Puke out a baby or two, then the
family is eligible for welfare and now they have an anchor babies who are US citizens.
And of course the Democrats will say, now you can't deport them, no matter what.
The ones with no babies, if they show up for court, 90% don't get asylum anyway.
Probably only a few percent really qualify, but some lib judge allows it. Then they
release you again and when you don't show up for deportation, Uncle Joe has
instructed ICE to not bother looking. So people are streaming here, including
unaccompanied children, traveling thousands of miles, many getting raped,
assaulted or dying on the way. They found about 25 murdered on the Mexican
side of the border a couple weeks ago. We had this van. All because of the
Democrat's bizarre and dangerous open border BS. Right now they are undoing
anything Trump did, whether it's right or wrong, just because Trump did it.
Another great story, in TX they tested some of these people and found plenty
that were Covid postitive. They got the $1100 and went off to find a bus to
anywhere too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 18:38:43 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

wrote:

On 3/4/21 5:47 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

At the time I wasn't worried about that. I was worried about getting resources.
This was on the PA Tpk Even Merck sent their ambulance.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/06/2021 12:35 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
At the time I wasn't worried about that. I was worried about getting resources.
This was on the PA Tpk Even Merck sent their ambulance.

Clearfield County was one of our sites. It was a sleepy little
operation -- until something went down on I80. The highest point on I80
east of the Mississippi was there so it could get interesting in the
winter.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 13:21:08 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Clearfield County was one of our sites. It was a sleepy little
operation -- until something went down on I80. The highest point on I80
east of the Mississippi was there so it could get interesting in the
winter.

STILL completely off topic, senile gossip! Try again!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 13:21:08 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 03/06/2021 12:35 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
At the time I wasn't worried about that. I was worried about getting resources.
This was on the PA Tpk Even Merck sent their ambulance.

Clearfield County was one of our sites. It was a sleepy little
operation -- until something went down on I80. The highest point on I80
east of the Mississippi was there so it could get interesting in the
winter.

The Tpk used to be excellent in the winter, but like everything else it's a
****show now. They have to contribute 30% (IIRC) of their revenue to PennDot by
edict of a former gov and the fares rise 6% / year. They are widening the
stretch between the E/W and Allentown to 3 lanes each way. They created a pile
of spoils 90' high without public knowledge. Who did you work for? Email is
good...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default getting high in PA, was: OT Large van in traffic accident

In rbowman writes:

Clearfield County was one of our sites. It was a sleepy little
operation -- until something went down on I80. The highest point on I80
east of the Mississippi was there so it could get interesting in the
winter.

Ah yes, milepost 111.5

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/06/2021 03:04 PM, danny burstein wrote:
In rbowman writes:

Clearfield County was one of our sites. It was a sleepy little
operation -- until something went down on I80. The highest point on I80
east of the Mississippi was there so it could get interesting in the
winter.

Ah yes, milepost 111.5

I had a contract in Ft. Wayne and I was going back to NH around
Christmas time. There was a sort of a blizzard going on and I was
following a car that looked like it had recently shed some front end
bodywork. I can't remember where it was but I came to an exit with a
motel and figured I'd deal with it tomorrow. In the morning I had a nice
breakfast of scrapple and went on my way. The storm had blown through
and it was a nice day.

The irony was I took I80 instead of I90 since I figured there would be
less weather problems.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 19:56:44 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I had a contract in Ft. Wayne and I was going back to NH

Oh, ****! He does it again!