Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Large van in traffic accident

"Jim Joyce" wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 11:50:22 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/5/2021 11:25 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 3/4/21 9:20 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
micky wrote

Does anyone know, a large van was in a traffic accident in
California with 25 passengers iirc and about 12 were killed,
and they were all illegal aliens, except the driver I suppose.
How did they get into the country?

Past that border.

The vehicle was a plain old SUV, not a large van and it got T-boned by
an 18-wheeler.

Seems the SUV driver didn't even bother to slow down- much less stop- at
one of those big old bright red 8-sided stop signs.

Adios, amigos.

The sign was probably only in English so he had no idea what it said.

Seems unlikely since stop signs in Mexico are the same size, shape, and
color of our stop signs. Only the letters are different: ALTO vs STOP. My
guess is there were a lot of distractions in that vehicle.

I have to wonder if a couple of the people were dead before the crash,
suffocated on the bottom of the pile.

With 25 adults in there, it was quite the clown car. When I was a young
kid, there'd be 8 kids and 2 adults in a '67 Chevy Caprice for our
quarterly road trips to see Grandma and I remember how uncomfortable that
was, so I can't even imagine 25 adults in that SUV.

One of the responding LE officers made an unintended joke, saying
he didn't believe there were enough seat belts for everyone.

Bit hard to have seat belts with no seats.