Posted to alt.home.repair

Default senator cotton not a ranger

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 15:40:24 -0500, micky wrote:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

He's probably counting on these two rules of politics:
1. No one will ever find out.
2. If they do find out, no one will care.

I care and I think it's pretty shameful.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/21 3:40 PM, micky wrote:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Did you forget about Dr. Jill already? LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/2021 6:33 PM, apollo wrote:
On 1/27/21 3:40 PM, micky wrote:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Did you forget about Dr. Jill already? LOL

Whoopee Goldberg had said Dr. Biden would make a good surgeon general.

https://www.air.tv/watch?v=DMe7SW5OSj6dMJmkua8nvg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/21 3:40 PM, micky wrote:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Did you forget about Dr. Jill already? LOL

Whoopee Goldberg had said Dr. Biden would make a good surgeon general.

https://www.air.tv/watch?v=DMe7SW5OSj6dMJmkua8nvg

She still has a doctorate degree. Live with it .

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Like Tom Hanks. He wears a Ranger tab on his uniform in the movie but
that is not a Ranger unit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Like Tom Hanks. He wears a Ranger tab on his uniform in the movie but
that is not a Ranger unit.

I don't think Cotton is under the impression that he's in a movie.

Who knows, though, with the delusion that pervades the Republican party at
the moment, he might not know the difference.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/21 3:40 PM, micky wrote:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Did you forget about Dr. Jill already? LOL

You must be laughing at yourself, because you look ridiculous. Lots of
Ph.D.s in education use their title when they've earned a doctorate,
regardless of what some lying idiots have told you.

Our new principal when I was in high school way back in 1962 was Dr.
Schwilk.

If you go to high school some day, you may meet someone like him.

Whoopee Goldberg had said Dr. Biden would make a good surgeon general.

https://www.air.tv/watch?v=DMe7SW5OSj6dMJmkua8nvg

When she told it it was probably funny.

She still has a doctorate degree. Live with it .

Children. What can you do?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/21 3:40 PM, micky wrote:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Did you forget about Dr. Jill already? LOL

Whoopee Goldberg had said Dr. Biden would make a good surgeon general.

https://www.air.tv/watch?v=DMe7SW5OSj6dMJmkua8nvg

She still has a doctorate degree. Live with it .

So did Ted Kaczynski, what's your point?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/21 3:40 PM, micky wrote:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Did you forget about Dr. Jill already? LOL

Whoopee Goldberg had said Dr. Biden would make a good surgeon general.

https://www.air.tv/watch?v=DMe7SW5OSj6dMJmkua8nvg

She still has a doctorate degree. Live with it .

So did Ted Kaczynski, what's your point?

She has earned the title of Doctor clueless one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Like Tom Hanks. He wears a Ranger tab on his uniform in the movie but
that is not a Ranger unit.

WTF does Tom Hanks have to do with anything? You do understand the
concept of Fiction vs. reality, right? Perhaps not, given your
postings here...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Like Tom Hanks. He wears a Ranger tab on his uniform in the movie but
that is not a Ranger unit.

WTF does Tom Hanks have to do with anything? You do understand the
concept of Fiction vs. reality, right? Perhaps not, given your
postings here...

I didn't understand that either. I guess GF is saying that if someone
playing a role in a movie wears something on his uniform that his
character may or may not deserve, then Cotton and Messner may lie about
their service in real life, and there's nothing wrong with their lying.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/21 3:40 PM, micky wrote:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Did you forget about Dr. Jill already? LOL

Whoopee Goldberg had said Dr. Biden would make a good surgeon general.

https://www.air.tv/watch?v=DMe7SW5OSj6dMJmkua8nvg

She still has a doctorate degree. Live with it .

So did Ted Kaczynski, what's your point?

She has earned the title of Doctor clueless one.

So did Ted, Dr of Mathematics.
That is probably more relevant to the real world that a doctor of
education but since they buy what they sell, as long as she keeps
working for the school system she makes more money. We have a bunch
"doctors" in our school system but that doesn't necessarily make them
better teachers. It just means they exploited the tuition refund
system and kept going back to the well.
Pay is based on education, not performance.

Nothing in the union dominated school system seems to be based on
performance. That is why, anyone who can afford it, sends their kids
to private school. Biden's sons went to Archmere Academy in Delaware.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Like Tom Hanks. He wears a Ranger tab on his uniform in the movie but
that is not a Ranger unit.

WTF does Tom Hanks have to do with anything? You do understand the
concept of Fiction vs. reality, right? Perhaps not, given your
postings here...

Sorry you are right, bad example.
Just pointing out qualifying to be a Ranger, SEAL or Marine Force
Recon does not mean that is where you serve. You can still say you
have that qualification.
Jesse Ventura is an example. He went through BUD/S training and can
call himself a SEAL but he didn't serve in a SEAL team in Vietnam.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 28 Jan 2021 19:41:26 -0500,
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 16:28:02 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)

wrote:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Like Tom Hanks. He wears a Ranger tab on his uniform in the movie but
that is not a Ranger unit.

WTF does Tom Hanks have to do with anything? You do understand the
concept of Fiction vs. reality, right? Perhaps not, given your
postings here...

Sorry you are right, bad example.
Just pointing out qualifying to be a Ranger, SEAL or Marine Force
Recon does not mean that is where you serve.

That's right, but I already brought that up. See the underlined
sentence above.

You can still say you
have that qualification.

That's right, but Cotton and Mesner didn't just say they were
ranger-qualified, they said they were rangers.

Jesse Ventura is an example. He went through BUD/S training and can
call himself a SEAL but he didn't serve in a SEAL team in Vietnam.

Did he serve in a SEAL team anywhere else? Did he ever call himself a
SEAL? Are the rules the same for rangers and Seals.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That makes three of us who didn't understand his movie reference. Four, if
you count the guy who originally made the reference.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Like Tom Hanks. He wears a Ranger tab on his uniform in the movie but
that is not a Ranger unit.

WTF does Tom Hanks have to do with anything? You do understand the
concept of Fiction vs. reality, right? Perhaps not, given your
postings here...

Sorry you are right, bad example.
Just pointing out qualifying to be a Ranger, SEAL or Marine Force
Recon does not mean that is where you serve. You can still say you
have that qualification.

And like Mickey pointed out, that's where the problem lies. Cotton is
Ranger qualified, no one disputes that, but he never served as a Ranger.
Thus, he's not entitled to say, as he did in numerous political ads, that
he served as a Ranger when he didn't. If he had said Ranger qualified, and
left it at that, this would be a nothingburger. The only question remaining
is why did he feel he had to embellish his service record, and why hasn't
he apologized and cleared up the confusion? He already had a very good
service record. There was no need to pile on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/21 3:40 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

*WHOOSH!* The point went right over your head. I'll type slowly. People who
earn a Doctorate are entitled to be called Doctor. Thus, Jill Biden is
entitled to be called Doctor Biden.

I think I was 5 or 6 when I realized that not all doctors are medical
doctors. I was slow and grew up in a small town that didn't have any
doctors. Anyway, I guess some people go well into old age without picking
that up. Then they make themselves look foolish by talking about better
teachers, unions, pay, etc. Pretty amazing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/21 3:40 PM, micky wrote:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Did you forget about Dr. Jill already? LOL

Whoopee Goldberg had said Dr. Biden would make a good surgeon general.

https://www.air.tv/watch?v=DMe7SW5OSj6dMJmkua8nvg

She still has a doctorate degree. Live with it .

So did Ted Kaczynski, what's your point?

This is all irrelevant to Jill Biden, but I'll play.

Kaczynski could have used the title of Dr. if wanted to, but he wasn't
using his name at all, until he got caught.

She has earned the title of Doctor clueless one.

So did Ted, Dr of Mathematics.
That is probably more relevant to the real world that a doctor of

The real world that he lived in was the court room, where I'm sure his
lawyer told him not to use it. If he even wanted to. His life was
devoted to bombs, not math.

BTW, where I went to college, everyone teacher and teaching assistant
had a PhD. Mrs. Strauss said you can call me Dr. Strauss, Professor
Strauss, or Mrs. Strauss. I and afaik everyone else used the last, as
we did for other course. Mr. Smith, etc. But I'm pretty sure when
they left campus to make a speech or write a book, every one of them was
Dr. Smith or Joe Smith Ph.D.

education but since they buy what they sell, as long as she keeps
working for the school system she makes more money. We have a bunch
"doctors" in our school system but that doesn't necessarily make them
better teachers. It just means they exploited the tuition refund
system and kept going back to the well.
Pay is based on education, not performance.

Nothing in the union dominated school system seems to be based on
performance. That is why, anyone who can afford it, sends their kids
to private school. Biden's sons went to Archmere Academy in Delaware.

*WHOOSH!* The point went right over your head. I'll type slowly. People who
earn a Doctorate are entitled to be called Doctor. Thus, Jill Biden is
entitled to be called Doctor Biden.

Right.

I think I was 5 or 6 when I realized that not all doctors are medical

My father was called doctor but he was medical, a Doctor of Dental
Surgery, and I knew that when I was 5 or 6, but I might have been in
highschool** before I realized not all doctors are medical doctors. So I
guess I'm slower than you are.

**At the latest when I was a junior they announced the hire for the next
year of Dr. so and so to be the new principal.

doctors. I was slow and grew up in a small town that didn't have any
doctors. Anyway, I guess some people go well into old age without picking
that up. Then they make themselves look foolish by talking about better
teachers, unions, pay, etc. Pretty amazing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

================================================= ======================

[...]

Ventura called himself a SEAL his whole career, show biz and
political. Technically he can because he went through BUDS/S and got
his pin. He still never served on a SEAL team. He was UDT in Vietnam.
Cotton did pretty much the same thing. If he has the training and the
patch, he is a Ranger. He just never served in a Ranger battalion when
he was in Afghanistan.
It is really a distinction without a difference, sort of like Gore
saying he was a soldier in Vietnam when he really just worked in the
Stars and Stripes newspaper office for a few months there. He was a
senator's son, treated more like Bob Hope than the guys who got
drafted and handed an M-16.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I admitted the movie reference was wrong, let it go.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The way I understand it, if they let you wear the insignia, that is
who you are.
I was an FT, I went to school and had the crow but I never touched a
piece of fire control equipment in 6 years.
I was a gunners mate/ torpedo man in reality but in the twisted logic
of the military I was an FT no matter what they had me doing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/21 3:40 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

So was Doctor Kaczynski

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/27/21 3:40 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

I don't see him walking around in the WH, so what's your point? Try to
focus, please. People are starting to worry about you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 28 Jan 2021 19:41:26 -0500,
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 16:28:02 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)

================================================ =======================

[...]

I don't really care about Ventura's ancient history. This is about Cotton.

Cotton did pretty much the same thing. If he has the training and the
patch, he is a Ranger.

Your opinion is noted, but it's incorrect. If he has the training and the
patch, he is "Ranger qualified". If and when he serves in a Ranger unit,
only then does he become a "Ranger". That never happened, thus his status
is "Ranger qualified" and not "Ranger".

That's not my opinion. That's the read out from multiple high ranking
military officials. You've cut your cord but you can still Google it if
you're confused.

He just never served in a Ranger battalion when
he was in Afghanistan.

He never served in a Ranger unit, period. Thus, he remained "Ranger
qualified" and not "Ranger".

It is really a distinction without a difference, sort of like Gore
saying he was a soldier in Vietnam when he really just worked in the
Stars and Stripes newspaper office for a few months there. He was a
senator's son, treated more like Bob Hope than the guys who got
drafted and handed an M-16.

Once again with the ancient history. As mentioned above, your opinion is
noted but it's incorrect. Just because you don't understand the difference
doesn't mean there is no difference.

I may not agree with his politics, but Cotton has a very respectable
military service record. He didn't need to puff it up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 15:40:24 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Quoting these sources hasn't convinced me. Give me some that are impartial not
left/right leaning, which these are not.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 19:24:22 -0500, posted for all of us to
digest...

On 1/27/21 3:40 PM, micky wrote:
[...]

Having worked in the educational system for 20+ years everything stated here is
correct. More degrees = more money. More degrees are paid by the system.
Finally after they degree up and become a doktor they run the system. At this
point, they are real politicians because they have to cater to both the school
board and the teachers union. When I first started I had great respect for the
superintendent he worked for the kids and built a reputation that caused the
"golden" districts to fight to hire him. Two before retiring. He got national
awards for the district. The successive supers weren't the same caliber and
they would retire at the end of their term. All the outstanding people the
super had mentored flew the coup to more success. The drones stayed on and I
kept my head down because I wasn't union and I wanted the retirement. They had
enough scandals that they weren't interested in me.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 23:52:09 -0600, Jim Joyce posted for all of us to digest...

. I was slow and grew up in a small town that didn't have any
doctors.

So you are saying you are developmentally disabled but have never had proper
treatment? That explains a lot. No shame. We'll try to help you.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 02:41:56 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

My father was called doctor but he was medical, a Doctor of Dental
Surgery, and I knew that when I was 5 or 6, but I might have been in
highschool** before I realized not all doctors are medical doctors. So I
guess I'm slower than you are.

So you have a great set of choppers? =) I read somewhere that dentists had the
highest suicide rate.=( In my mind dentists rate pretty low in the pain scale.
Everybody is lower than someone else and conversely faster than somewhere else,
just depends what area.
--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 1 Feb 2021 16:57:03 -0500, Tekkie© wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 02:41:56 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

My father was called doctor but he was medical, a Doctor of Dental
Surgery, and I knew that when I was 5 or 6, but I might have been in
highschool** before I realized not all doctors are medical doctors. So I
guess I'm slower than you are.

So you have a great set of choppers? =) I read somewhere that dentists had the
highest suicide rate.=( In my mind dentists rate pretty low in the pain scale.
Everybody is lower than someone else and conversely faster than somewhere else,
just depends what area.

We were partying with a dentist at a Willie concert and he said
Nitrous Oxide was the dentist's method of choice when they off
themselves. That sounded interesting. Die laughing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 1 Feb 2021 16:10:49 -0500, Tekkie© wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 15:40:24 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Quoting these sources hasn't convinced me. Give me some that are impartial not
left/right leaning, which these are not.

By Joyce's rule, Fauci is "Doctor qualified" but not a real doctor
because he never practiced medicine. He was always a researcher.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/1/2021 6:02 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 1 Feb 2021 16:10:49 -0500, Tekkie© wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 15:40:24 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Quoting these sources hasn't convinced me. Give me some that are impartial not
left/right leaning, which these are not.

By Joyce's rule, Fauci is "Doctor qualified" but not a real doctor
because he never practiced medicine. He was always a researcher.

You say that like it is a bad thing.