Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default senator cotton not a ranger

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 28 Jan 2021 19:41:26 -0500,
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 16:28:02 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 15:40:24 -0500, micky
wrote:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...n-army-ranger/

Same thing with Corky Messner, another Republican.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ger-qualified/

You and I might not have known the difference between a Ranger and
Ranger-qualified, but they surely did.

Don't know about Messner, but Cotton had honorable service in a combat
zone, so why did he feel the need to lie.

Like Tom Hanks. He wears a Ranger tab on his uniform in the movie but
that is not a Ranger unit.

WTF does Tom Hanks have to do with anything? You do understand the
concept of Fiction vs. reality, right? Perhaps not, given your
postings here...

Sorry you are right, bad example.
Just pointing out qualifying to be a Ranger, SEAL or Marine Force
Recon does not mean that is where you serve.

That's right, but I already brought that up. See the underlined
sentence above.

You can still say you
have that qualification.

That's right, but Cotton and Mesner didn't just say they were
ranger-qualified, they said they were rangers.

Jesse Ventura is an example. He went through BUD/S training and can
call himself a SEAL but he didn't serve in a SEAL team in Vietnam.

Did he serve in a SEAL team anywhere else? Did he ever call himself a
SEAL? Are the rules the same for rangers and Seals.