Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Haynes

Default Useful use for cotton?

I have outgrown my 8X cotton T-shirts. What is the best use I can do with
these?

Tess

"Haynes" wrote in message
I have outgrown my 8X cotton T-shirts. What is the best use I can do with
these?

I can think of two things off the top of my head. Both require cutting the
shirts into strips.

Plant stakes. Cut strips, and use them to fix tomato plants to stakes.

- Or - you can cut a long, continuous strip ( spirally - is that a word? ),
braid the strips, and sew them together to make a rug. I'll bet it would
work great for a bathroom, or in front of the shower, or even in the garage,
to wipe your feet before you come into the house. You could bleach all your
shirts before you start working with them. Except for that plant stake
thing, of course.

And, of course, if it's got a special design on it, you can stuff it, sew it
up, and it makes a fun pillow.

Hope you find something useful here.

- Tess

The Real Bev

Haynes wrote:

I have outgrown my 8X cotton T-shirts. What is the best use I can do with
these?

Sew the bottom closed and spray with waterproofing compound to make
tents for the homeless. The neck can be used as an entrance. The
sleeve openings, sewn shut, of course, can be used for storage.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Robert Morein

In article ,
"Haynes" wrote:

I have outgrown my 8X cotton T-shirts. What is the best use I can do with
these?

Use them as bed sheets
Al Bundy

"Haynes" wrote in message ...
I have outgrown my 8X cotton T-shirts. What is the best use I can do with
these?

Cut them up into about 15" squares roughly and use for rags. Rags are
expensive. Keep some in the car too.

TURTLE

"Haynes" wrote in message
I have outgrown my 8X cotton T-shirts. What is the best use I can do with
these?

This is Turtle.

If they are cotton like you say. you can use them as rags to clean furniture,
cars, eye glasses, and Fine Glass ware and not scratch the finish at all. Auto
paint body shops pay about a 3 foot X 3 foot box of them to wipe down cars with
at about $38.00 a box and non cotton rags are not wanted because they scratch
the finish.

TURTLE

~^Johnny^~

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:19:54 GMT, "Haynes" wrote:

I have outgrown my 8X cotton T-shirts. What is the best use I can do with
these?

Make pup-tents!

(Sorry; I shouldn't be feeding the trolls, but I couldn't resist)

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

~~~~~~~~
The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining
- JFK
~~~~~~~~

~^Johnny^~

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 01:33:04 -0500, "TURTLE" wrote:

"Haynes" wrote in message
I have outgrown my 8X cotton T-shirts. What is the best use I can do with
these?

This is Turtle.

If they are cotton like you say. you can use them as rags to clean furniture,
cars, eye glasses, and Fine Glass ware and not scratch the finish at all. Auto
paint body shops pay about a 3 foot X 3 foot box of them to wipe down cars with
at about $38.00 a box and non cotton rags are not wanted because they scratch
the finish.

TURTLE

This is Johnny Bond.

KIDDING
Flounder with Mr. Milligan, and the rest of his cronies.
/KIDDING

Good to hear from you!
Please give my best regards to Mr. Pine.

TIA.