Posted to alt.home.repair

Default USPS slowdown

The county mailed out the ballots on Friday. I got mine today. The
mailman looked a little stressed but that has more to do with the 5
pounds of glossy political ads he has to stuff in every mailbox.

Now for the hard part -- there are a few legislative initiatives on the
ballot that are convoluted enough that I have to figure out if yes means
yes...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 12:19:27 AM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
The county mailed out the ballots on Friday. I got mine today. The
mailman looked a little stressed but that has more to do with the 5
pounds of glossy political ads he has to stuff in every mailbox.

Now for the hard part -- there are a few legislative initiatives on the
ballot that are convoluted enough that I have to figure out if yes means
yes...

Ah, I love those.

I simplify my life by voting against anything that has "amend the Constitution"
in it. Those are invariably for things that should _not_ be in the state Constitution.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 7:46 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 12:19:27 AM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
The county mailed out the ballots on Friday. I got mine today. The
mailman looked a little stressed but that has more to do with the 5
pounds of glossy political ads he has to stuff in every mailbox.

Now for the hard part -- there are a few legislative initiatives on the
ballot that are convoluted enough that I have to figure out if yes means
yes...

Ah, I love those.

I simplify my life by voting against anything that has "amend the Constitution"
in it. Those are invariably for things that should _not_ be in the state Constitution.

Cindy Hamilton

You do realize that on the federal level you support those that do not
want supreme court judges that follow the constitution as written.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 11 Oct 2020 04:46:59 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 12:19:27 AM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
The county mailed out the ballots on Friday. I got mine today. The
mailman looked a little stressed but that has more to do with the 5
pounds of glossy political ads he has to stuff in every mailbox.

Now for the hard part -- there are a few legislative initiatives on the
ballot that are convoluted enough that I have to figure out if yes means
yes...

Ah, I love those.

I simplify my life by voting against anything that has "amend the Constitution"
in it. Those are invariably for things that should _not_ be in the state Constitution.

Cindy Hamilton

This sparked my interest and my ballot is right in front of me.

Question 2 is whether to approve sports and events betting. I voted
against the lottery, which won anyhow, and I have no problem voting
against this. It says it's for raising revenue for education. They
always say that and I think education is highly overrated.

Question 1 is more interesting. Allows the General assembly to
increase, diminish, or add items as long as they don't exceed the total
proposed budget as submitted by the governor. Huh? Why isn't the
assembly writing the budget and telling the governor what he can spend.
I've long had the same quesiton about the national government.

So what does it say now? I'm not the first person to ask that. Once I
put in Maryland Constitution, suggestions 4 and 6 were the two parts of
the constitution that they want to amend. ---- Yes, it says that the
governor must submit the budget.

Whether this takes away some of his power by letting them make changes,
OR it adds to his power by not letting them exceed the amount he
suggested, I don't know yet. And I'm not sure how I feel about either
of them. I haven't followed prior budget fights, if any.

Aticle III, section 14:
Nothing but boilerplate.

Section 52:
SEC. 52. (1) The General Assembly shall not appropriate any money out
of the Treasury except in accordance with the provisions of this section

(2) Every appropriation bill shall be either a Budget Bill, or a
Supplementary Appropriation Bill, as hereinafter provided.

(3) On the third Wednesday in January in each year, (except in the case
of a newly elected Governor, and then not later than ten days after the
convening of the General Assembly), unless such time shall be extended
by the General Assembly, the Governor shall submit to the General
Assembly a Budget for the next ensuing fiscal year. Each Budget shall
contain a complete plan of proposed expenditures and estimated revenues
for said fiscal year and shall show the estimated surplus or deficit of
revenues at the end of the preceding fiscal year. ......lots more

Article II, section 17:
SEC. 17. (a) To guard against hasty or partial legislation and
encroachment of the Legislative Department upon the co-ordinate
Executive and Judicial Departments, every Bill passed by the House of
Delegates and the Senate, before it becomes a law, shall be presented to
the Governor of the State. If the Governor approves he shall sign it,
but if not he shall return it with his objections to the House in which
it originated, which House shall enter the objections at large on its
Journal and proceed to reconsider the Bill. Each House may adopt by rule
a veto calendar procedure that permits Bills that are to be reconsidered
to be read and voted upon as a single group. The members of each House
shall be afforded reasonable notice of the Bills to be placed on each
veto calendar. Upon the objection of a member, any Bill shall be removed
from the veto calendar. If, after such reconsideration, three-fifths of
the members elected to that House pass the Bill, it shall be sent with
the objections to the other House, by which it shall likewise be
reconsidered, and if it passes by three-fifths of the members elected to
that House it shall become a law. The votes of both Houses shall be
determined by yeas and nays, and the names of the persons voting for and
against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House
respectively.... quite a bit more.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/10/20 11:19 PM, rbowman wrote:
The county mailed out the ballots on Friday. I got mine today.Â* The
mailman looked a little stressed but that has more to do with the 5
pounds of glossy political ads he has to stuff in every mailbox.

Now for the hard part -- there are a few legislative initiatives on the
ballot that are convoluted enough that I have to figure out if yes means
yes...

Yeah, I'm getting campaign ads for Trump. In Nebraska? What a
waste of resources. There has even been campaign stuff for local people.
That's odd.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 11 Oct 2020 09:47:44 -0400, micky
wrote:

Question 1 is more interesting. Allows the General assembly to
increase, diminish, or add items as long as they don't exceed the total
proposed budget as submitted by the governor. Huh? Why isn't the
assembly writing the budget and telling the governor what he can spend.
I've long had the same quesiton about the national government.

So what does it say now? I'm not the first person to ask that. Once I
put in Maryland Constitution, suggestions 4 and 6 were the two parts of
the constitution that they want to amend. ---- Yes, it says that the
governor must submit the budget.

Whether this takes away some of his power by letting them make changes,
OR it adds to his power by not letting them exceed the amount he
suggested, I don't know yet. And I'm not sure how I feel about either
of them. I haven't followed prior budget fights, if any.

It is the first possibility:

"Right now the only way to get proposed spending in the governor's
budget is for the governor to do it," says Roy Meyers, professor of
Political Science and an Affiliate Professor of Public Policy at the
University of Maryland, Baltimore County. "And so everybody has to lobby
the governor. That's just one person."

Meyers says that a yes vote on Question 1 of the Maryland ballot would
put Maryland in line with all 49 other states, in terms of how they
handle their state budgets.

"Maryland is the only state where the governor has this power," said
Meyers. "If we were to shift toward the method used by the 49 other
states, we would join the other states that have AAA bond ratings just
like we do."

Huh? What has bond ratings got to do with it, if they have it and so do
we?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , NONONOmisc07
@bigfoot.com says...

Question 2 is whether to approve sports and events betting. I voted
against the lottery, which won anyhow, and I have no problem voting
against this. It says it's for raising revenue for education. They
always say that and I think education is highly overrated.

The state might as well approve sport betting. I know around here there
are many places that have illegal betting. Easy to bet on most sports.

It might be the ones pushing hard against making betting legal are the
ones running the illegal betting operations. Like an a county in NC
that did not sell liquor around 1965 or so. It was up for a vote . At
a big gethering at a church the preacher introduced a man "that donated
thousands of dollars to out worthy cause" . Many in the croud reconised
him as one of the biggest boot leger in the county and the preacher
could not understand how the crowd left so suddenly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 8:51:57 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 10/11/2020 7:46 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 12:19:27 AM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
The county mailed out the ballots on Friday. I got mine today. The
mailman looked a little stressed but that has more to do with the 5
pounds of glossy political ads he has to stuff in every mailbox.

Now for the hard part -- there are a few legislative initiatives on the
ballot that are convoluted enough that I have to figure out if yes means
yes...

Ah, I love those.

I simplify my life by voting against anything that has "amend the Constitution"
in it. Those are invariably for things that should _not_ be in the state Constitution.

Cindy Hamilton

You do realize that on the federal level you support those that do not
want supreme court judges that follow the constitution as written.

Not the same issue at all. The Constitution (both state and federal) is
the document that defines the relationship between government and
citizens. Irrelevant crap like gay marriage (for or against) or Prohibition
just doesn't belong in it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 7:46 AM, wrote:
[...]

That's right but the dems want activist judges to bend the rules.
Biden is after your husband's guns and a supreme court judge appointed
by Biden would do this.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 05:46 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 12:19:27 AM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
The county mailed out the ballots on Friday. I got mine today. The
mailman looked a little stressed but that has more to do with the 5
pounds of glossy political ads he has to stuff in every mailbox.

Now for the hard part -- there are a few legislative initiatives on the
ballot that are convoluted enough that I have to figure out if yes means
yes...

Ah, I love those.

I simplify my life by voting against anything that has "amend the Constitution"
in it. Those are invariably for things that should _not_ be in the state Constitution.

There are two of those.

"Constitutional Amendments 46 and 47 are simple, clean-up efforts to
remove language that was struck down by Montana's courts 15 years ago"

37 and 38 from 2002 were about how signatures are collected and ballot
initiatives presented. The US District Court declared them to be
unconstitutional so they went back to what they were doing. No reason to
rush into things.

I-190 is the ****er. The synopsis is it legalizes marijuana but there
are about 30 pages covering taxation, licensing, quality testing, and so
forth. Bottom line is they figure it will bring in 48 million by 2025.

CI-118 amends the constitution to include marijuana along with alcohol
that are not allowed for 18 year old adults until they are 21. I-190
also makes possession illegal under 21 but would be challenged because
it's not included in the rights of adults. Should be CI-CYA.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 7:46 AM, wrote:
[...]

We have LR-130 on the ballot that prohibits cities or counties to
restrict firearm possession. That's a definite yes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 07:53 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 10/10/20 11:19 PM, rbowman wrote:
The county mailed out the ballots on Friday. I got mine today. The
mailman looked a little stressed but that has more to do with the 5
pounds of glossy political ads he has to stuff in every mailbox.

Now for the hard part -- there are a few legislative initiatives on
the ballot that are convoluted enough that I have to figure out if yes
means yes...

Yeah, I'm getting campaign ads for Trump. In Nebraska? What a
waste of resources. There has even been campaign stuff for local people.
That's odd.

After making sure no real mail snuck in I trash the campaign stuff but I
don't think I've seen a Trump ad, or a Biden for that matter. The state
is going to Trump so there's no reason to spend money.

The governor and a Senator are up so that's been going hot and heavy,
along with the AG slot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 9:55 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

The post office did it to me again on a small package. I bought an item
from China off ebay. The tracking shows it made it to the local post
office in my small town. From there it went 40 miles away to a big
town, and then back to the local post office where it was then delivered
to the house. I know this is the 2nd time they have done that to me.

Only 40 miles? It's 180 here...even if you drop a letter/bill in the
box that goes to the PO Box next to yours in the row, it goes to
Amarillo and comes back...

The "local" and "out of town" drop boxes are now just "Outgoing", it all
gets dumped into one hopper in order to be resorted back into local and
out-of-town in Amarillo.

They started all that quite a number of years ago--at least 3-4 by now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 7:46 AM, wrote:
[...]

Not the same issue at all.Â* The Constitution (both state and federal) is
the document that defines the relationship between government and
citizens.Â* Irrelevant crap like gay marriage (for or against) or
Prohibition
just doesn't belong in it.

Cindy Hamilton

That's right but theÂ* dems want activist judges to bend the rules. Biden
is after your husband's guns and a supreme court judge appointed by
Biden would do this.

We have LR-130 on the ballot that prohibits cities or counties to
restrict firearm possession. That's a definite yes.

The Feds could override local laws. I doubt that they will try to take
away all our guns and recall when the firearm issue come up with Biden
decades ago he saw no reason that a person should have more than a
double barrelled shotgun and would ban all semiautomatic firearms. That
would have banned my favorite Remington 1100 shotgun at the time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 7:46 AM, wrote:
[...]

Please provide evidence that Biden has any designs on my husband's legally
purchased and registered guns.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 7:46 AM, wrote:
[...]

I do not know what your husband has but make sure he also reads this:

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 7:46 AM, wrote:
[...]

I'm pretty sure his AR-type rifle would be considered an assault weapon. Perhaps
another that's fitted with a bullpup stock. And quite possibly the semi-auto
shotgun that he can no longer shoulder.

We both have already voted for Biden.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 1:47 PM, Frank wrote:

That's right but the dems want activist judges to bend the rules.
Biden is after your husband's guns and a supreme court judge appointed
by Biden would do this.

Please provide evidence that Biden has any designs on my husband's
legally
purchased and registered guns.

Cindy Hamilton

I do not know what your husband has but make sure he also reads this:

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

Some of that is just common sense stuff, such as storing weapons
properly. Buy backs have been around for decades. Much will never
happen.
I see nothing that he is taking away legal guns.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 7:46 AM, wrote:
[...]

The Montana Firearms Freedom Act was a 10th Amendment troll:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montan...ms_Freedom_Act

It could never get past the hyper-liberal 9th Circuit but it's still on
the books. fwiw, the governor who signed it into law was Brian
Schweitzer, a Democrat. Schweitzer was no stranger to the veto, using a
branding iron to veto some bills that really ****ed him off, but he was
behind this one.

Gary Marbut and the Montana Shooting Sports Association had a big part
in crafting the FFA and also played a part in the current resolution
that will not let liberal cities like Missoula write their own
restrictive firearms laws.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 7:46 AM, wrote:
[...]

Does your husband have any semi-automatic firearms? Joe thinks anything
beyond a double barrel shotgun should be illegal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 01:54 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/11/2020 1:47 PM, Frank wrote:

That's right but the dems want activist judges to bend the rules.
Biden is after your husband's guns and a supreme court judge appointed
by Biden would do this.

Please provide evidence that Biden has any designs on my husband's
legally
purchased and registered guns.

Cindy Hamilton

I do not know what your husband has but make sure he also reads this:

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

Some of that is just common sense stuff, such as storing weapons
properly. Buy backs have been around for decades. Much will never happen.
I see nothing that he is taking away legal guns.

"Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our
communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of
war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess
assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons
to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act."

Presumably that would include paying the $200 NFA tax on every 'assault
weapon' although Joe wouldn't know an assault weapon if it was shoved up
his ass sideways.

Maybe much will never happen but given the potential of what will happen
I'd vote for a rabid skunk before a Democrat. That's before even getting
into their fascination with identity politics and wars.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

If the dems go get both houses this time,
he could well try to get those banned now.

He would need to go through Congress. Even if both houses were held
by Democrats, how well do you think that would actually go?

If the Democrats take over congress and the president I think it will
get very far. Do you remember about 30 years ago there was a ban on
selling new guns like the AR-15 and magazines that held over 10 rounds.
That law did have a provision that after 10 years it would come up for
review and the review failed, probably because there was enough
Republicans in congress.

It is sort of funny about some of the laws in different countries. Some
countries ban many kinds of firearms but require the suppressors on many
of them because of the noise they make. In the US you can buy many
kinds of guns with out much problem, but have to pay a tax and do all
kinds of forms to have a suppressor.

Look at New York and see how much trouble it is to have a hand gun.
Some other parts are the same way . Washington DC was the same way and
may still be somewhat.
However it did not stop Ted Kennedy (who was very much against guns)
from having 2 body guards from trying to walk into congress with fully
automatic guns under their coats.

It seems to me that this country is really screwed up in the Supreme
Court. They let a killer off just because the cop did not read him his
rights when arrested, but let all kinds of gun laws pass even though the
Constitution says the rights shall not be infringed upon.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 11:54 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 10/11/2020 07:53 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 10/10/20 11:19 PM, rbowman wrote:
The county mailed out the ballots on Friday. I got mine today.Â* The
mailman looked a little stressed but that has more to do with the 5
pounds of glossy political ads he has to stuff in every mailbox.

Now for the hard part -- there are a few legislative initiatives on
the ballot that are convoluted enough that I have to figure out if yes
means yes...

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Yeah,Â* I'm getting campaign ads for Trump.Â* In Nebraska?Â* What a
waste of resources.Â*Â*Â* There has even been campaign stuff for local
people.
That's odd.

After making sure no real mail snuck in I trash the campaign stuff but I
don't think I've seen a Trump ad, or a Biden for that matter. The state
is going to Trump so there's no reason to spend money.

I dunno whether it's related or not, but the USPS has taken all the
trash containers out of the lobby of the PO here as of about two weeks
ago so there's nowhere to dump it. I've just been leaving it laying on
the counter if there's nothing more than the address to be had...so far,
none of it has shown up in the box a second time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
k.net...
In article ,
says...

If the dems go get both houses this time,
he could well try to get those banned now.

He would need to go through Congress. Even if both houses were held
by Democrats, how well do you think that would actually go?

If the Democrats take over congress and the president I think it will
get very far. Do you remember about 30 years ago there was a ban on
selling new guns like the AR-15 and magazines that held over 10 rounds.
That law did have a provision that after 10 years it would come up for
review and the review failed, probably because there was enough
Republicans in congress.

It is sort of funny about some of the laws in different countries.
Some countries ban many kinds of firearms but require the
suppressors on many of them because of the noise they make.

I cant think of any current first world country that does that.

In the US you can buy many kinds of guns with
out much problem, but have to pay a tax and
do all kinds of forms to have a suppressor.

Look at New York and see how much trouble
it is to have a hand gun. Some other parts are
the same way . Washington DC was the same
way and may still be somewhat.

However it did not stop Ted Kennedy (who was very much
against guns) from having 2 body guards from trying to walk
into congress with fully automatic guns under their coats.

It seems to me that this country is really screwed up in the Supreme
Court. They let a killer off just because the cop did not read him his
rights when arrested, but let all kinds of gun laws pass even though
the Constitution says the rights shall not be infringed upon.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 02:14 PM, %% wrote:
The problem the last time was that enough of the
dems in congress got scared off by the gun lobbies
saying that they would go after them for their seats
if they passed his gun law changes. That wouldnt likely
scare enough this time just after they had got both
houses and had the prez and were going all out to
get everything they could done before the mid terms.

That's the problem -- the midterms. Gun sales are setting records and I
doubt it's existing gun owners buying more guns. Are the new owners
going to vote for a pol that took their shiny new AR away?

There is no question gun lobbies have their effect but in many states I
don't think it's quite as important as the Dems like to think.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , says...

It is sort of funny about some of the laws in different countries.
Some countries ban many kinds of firearms but require the
suppressors on many of them because of the noise they make.

I cant think of any current first world country that does that.

YOu may have me on a technacality.

In Europe they are usually called moderators.

Here is a list of some countries where they are not regulated or mostly
regulated to the same extent of any gun. That is you need paper work to
buy a gun and the same paper work for the moderator.

http://en.browning-blog.eu/can-i-use...erator-abroad/

France Norway Poland Ukraine are some that I would think of as first
world countries, well, maybe not Poland. They have no restrictions and
anyone can buy the moderators.

In the UK it is difficult to get a gun, but if you can, not difficult
for the moderator.

Many of the countries look on it as a health issue and it is concidered
rude to shoot without them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 10/11/2020 02:14 PM, %% wrote:

The problem the last time was that enough of the
dems in congress got scared off by the gun lobbies
saying that they would go after them for their seats
if they passed his gun law changes. That wouldnt likely
scare enough this time just after they had got both
houses and had the prez and were going all out to
get everything they could done before the mid terms.

That's the problem -- the midterms. Gun sales are setting records and I
doubt it's existing gun owners buying more guns. Are the new owners going
to vote for a pol that took their shiny new AR away?

No, but it is less clear if there are enough ****ed off enough
about Trump to deliver both houses to the dems this time.

There is no question gun lobbies have their effect but in many states I
don't think it's quite as important as the Dems like to think.

It clearly was the reason Biden didnt manage
to get his most recent gun laws thru Congress.

Another very effective operation by the gun lobby.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
k.net...
In article , says...

It is sort of funny about some of the laws in different countries.
Some countries ban many kinds of firearms but require the
suppressors on many of them because of the noise they make.

I cant think of any current first world country that does that.

YOu may have me on a technacality.

In Europe they are usually called moderators.

I cant think of a single european country that allows
the use of moderators on handguns except in ranges.

Here is a list of some countries where they are not regulated or
mostly regulated to the same extent of any gun. That is you need
paper work to buy a gun and the same paper work for the moderator.

But plenty don't allow anyone to have military weapons or even handguns.

http://en.browning-blog.eu/can-i-use...erator-abroad/

France Norway Poland Ukraine are some that I would
think of as first world countries, well, maybe not Poland.

Agreed.

They have no restrictions and anyone can buy the moderators.

But not military weapons or handguns.

In the UK it is difficult to get a gun, but if
you can, not difficult for the moderator.

Many of the countries look on it as a health issue
and it is concidered rude to shoot without them.

Not outside, only with indoor ranges.

And it makes more sense to use ear protection on the shooters and others
nearby.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 4:31 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 10/11/2020 01:54 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/11/2020 1:47 PM, Frank wrote:

That's right but the dems want activist judges to bend the rules.
Biden is after your husband's guns and a supreme court judge appointed
by Biden would do this.

Please provide evidence that Biden has any designs on my husband's
legally
purchased and registered guns.

Cindy Hamilton

I do not know what your husband has but make sure he also reads this:

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

Some of that is just common sense stuff, such as storing weapons
properly.Â* Buy backs have been around for decades.Â* Much will never
happen.
I see nothing that he is taking away legal guns.

"Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our
communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of
war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess
assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons
to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act."

Presumably that would include paying the $200 NFA tax on every 'assault
weapon' although Joe wouldn't know an assault weapon if it was shoved up
his ass sideways.

Maybe much will never happen but given the potential of what will happen
I'd vote for a rabid skunk before a Democrat. That's before even getting
into their fascination with identity politics and wars.

His platform is a starting point and it is obvious the direction he is
heading.

I glanced at his immigration platform and similarly it does not say it
but it points to open borders.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 7:46 AM, wrote:
[...]

Too late, they already voted for Biden.

I think one big reason the dems are pushing for early mail in ballots is
that it does not give people the time to closely evaluate his platform
which they may not like.

I mentioned surprised that they have a commercial toting no cash bail.
Anyone that has seen what is happening in NYC would be a fool to support it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 04:31 PM, %% wrote:
Many of the countries look on it as a health issue
and it is concidered rude to shoot without them.

Not outside, only with indoor ranges.

And it makes more sense to use ear protection on the shooters and others
nearby.

My Mosin Nagant could use a moderator even on an outdoor range. The
Eastern bloc countries didn't spare the powder. For something roughly
equivalent to a .30-06 it tends to get quite a few 'What the hell is
that?' on the public range.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 04:23 PM, %% wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 10/11/2020 02:14 PM, %% wrote:

The problem the last time was that enough of the
dems in congress got scared off by the gun lobbies
saying that they would go after them for their seats
if they passed his gun law changes. That wouldnt likely
scare enough this time just after they had got both
houses and had the prez and were going all out to
get everything they could done before the mid terms.

That's the problem -- the midterms. Gun sales are setting records and
I doubt it's existing gun owners buying more guns. Are the new owners
going to vote for a pol that took their shiny new AR away?

No, but it is less clear if there are enough ****ed off enough
about Trump to deliver both houses to the dems this time.

I had a canvasser show up at the door a few minutes ago. She asked 'Can
we count on your support for Steve Bullock?' He's the current governor
running for Senate. When I said 'Not a chance.' she went away.

Bullock hasn't been a bad governor but for me he's in the wrong party at
the wrong time. Tester, the other Senator, is a Democrat and I've voted
for him twice but that was before the Democratic antics. It's come down
to which party disgusts me more and despite Trump the Democrats win the
door prize.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 7:46 AM, wrote:
[...]

Early voting allows for better checking of ballots and mail handling. I
think most people had their mind made up a couple of months ago. They
either love or hate Trump. No one I talked to is wavering because of
the party platform. The republicans did not even bother to make one,
just four more years of Trump. If you like what he has done, you will
vote for him and that is a solid 40% or so. If you think he is a moron,
you will vote for Biden. Exception is about 18 people that will vote
for Jo Jorgenson and 4 that will vote for Kanye.

I don't see it as a game changer at all. More democrats want to vote by
mail to Trump is making is as difficult as possible and casting doubt on
the results.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 10/11/2020 04:23 PM, %% wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 10/11/2020 02:14 PM, %% wrote:

[...]

Yeah, specially on the big spending stupidities like weatherizing'
houses, at this time when the virus is costing heaps, sanctuary
states and cities, climate change, and their war mongering.

Going to be interesting to see how many agree tho and how
many are royally ****ed off about the repugs ending up with
trump; It was a very narrow win last time and it is hard to see
that trump has got too many new trumpets since then. Those
that will now vote for trump are likely to be those very ****ed
off with Joe's sillier policies and the risk of dems with both
houses and the presidency and what that could lead to.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 6:03 PM, rbowman wrote:

Bullock hasn't been a bad governor but for me he's in the wrong party at
the wrong time. Tester, the other Senator, is a Democrat and I've voted
for him twice but that was before the Democratic antics. It's come down
to which party disgusts me more and despite Trump the Democrats win the
door prize.

Amen, brother. Maybe right after inauguration Trump'll have a relapse
and Pentz will move up from VP.

Went to look at the Bullock campaign -- identical tactic as the Senate
race here -- the Democrat never even comes close to mentioning she's a
Democrat but is the "work with both sides" candidate.

Wasn't a single word or indication on the web page that gave a clue as
to Bullock's party affiliation -- if you didn't know.

Sneaks, all of 'em. At least could own up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/11/2020 5:47 PM, Frank wrote:

His platform is a starting point and it is obvious the direction he is
heading.

I glanced at his immigration platform and similarly it does not say it
but it points to open borders.

They _never_ will own up to the agenda because they know it loses if do.

Sneaks.