Posted to alt.home.repair

Default School Opening -- The King has spoken

On 7/20/2020 8:32 AM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
On 7/20/2020 8:45 AM, trader_4 wrote:
And yet NY, NJ, CT etc successfully put Covid down.Â* Imagine that.
If we had a uniform plan like those states implemented for the
whole country, had adequate testing, we would have it down.
Instead we wasted the four months that shutting down bought us.
Why can't you look and learn?Â* Why do you just give up, accept
defeat?Â* The country that put man on the moon has fallen so badly
it can't get up.Â* So much for "make America great again".

Why not just buy all the pussified snowflakes some full hazmat suits and
let the rest of us real Americans live our lives?

I'm already living my own life and haven't skipped a beat.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/20/2020 7:07 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 17:48:05 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 7:50:08 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 7/20/2020 11:19 AM,
wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 05:46:58 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Sunday, July 19, 2020 at 4:19:41 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 11:44:09 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 11:35:22 PM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 7/18/2020 7:50 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 07/18/2020 08:23 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 17:12:41 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/18/2020 1:35 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 11:00:09 AM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 7/17/2020 9:38 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 07/17/2020 08:33 PM,
wrote:
They sent their kids back to the brick and mortar las year,
mostly for
socialization. Now they are home again. No huge shock, excerpt
for the
kids, who liked being with other kids.

Socialization is one of the arguments for public schools. No
classroom
or playground activities for a year or two might make for a
generation
of weird people. Or weirder, I should say.

Kids parents and grandparents dying is anti-social too. Bu no, the
Repubs want to rush schools open in a major pandemic blowup, even
after
Israel proved it doesn't go well. This thing is not in control,
which is
absolutely necessary before opening schools.

No, we can't look at Israel, learn what they did, learn what works,
what
doesn't.Â* No, No, No.Â* This is AMERICA, we're the best, screw the rest.
That's Dear Leader and the New Republican Party.Â* If we had only looked
at China, South Korea, Taiwan, EU and learned we wouldn't be totally
screwed now with Covid.

If trump wants to open schools, he need to get testing and tracking
working. The longer he waits, the harder it will be to open anything up
safely.

How do you test and track kids who are in a school with 1000 others
who are in the wild for the other 18 hours a day? Do you really think
a teenager will tell anyone where he actually was all day? That is
particularly true of the most at risk kids.

Good luck with fast, accurate, and cheap testing. That's like the old
engineering joke that has 'pick any two' as the punchline.

There was an article about testing employees. It said the tests ran $100
a pop and the insurance companies were coming up with new, creative ways
to not pay for them. So, you test 50 employees this week for $5,000.
You're not done by any means. When do you retest? Next week? Tomorrow?

Now think about a school with a couple of thousand kids. What's your
plan, Bob F?

Have real testing and tracking so when you get the numbers down, you can
keep them down, instead of trumps method of giving up, setting the virus
free, and pretending it would go away. Testing and tracking means EVERY
case possible. Most other countries are managing a pretty good job of
it. The US is doing crap.

And states like FL let Covid get so out of control that tracing is
impossible now. Who's going to track down all the contacts for 10,000
cases a day? Also tests are taking a week to process. By the time
you get the results, it's too late. Welcome to Trump's America.
We've fallen badly and can't get up. Besides the sickness and death
our enemies have taken note too. Trump can't beat Covid, why should
anyone think he's any better at beating them?

The spike in Florida was when we opened the "meet market" bars and the
people most affected were those customers. No shock there.

Yes it is shocking that you have a governor that stupid.

Tracing is
pretty silly when these people don't even know the real name of the
ones they are dancing with, passing joints to, making out with and
****ing.

Yet South Korea successfully handled exactly that. My how the US, the
country that put man on the moon, has fallen. We can't get up. That
problem will start to be fixed Jan 2021.

This ain't Korea.

We have proven that. Too bad.

+1

Flights to Korea leave JFK every day. Don't let the door hit you in
the ass.

Feel free - we won't miss you.

I will stand up for America.

And do my best to save it from trump and his tards.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 20:19:14 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/20/2020 7:10 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 20:59:56 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/20/2020 8:27 PM, Roger Oveur wrote:
On 7/20/2020 10:00 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/20/2020 9:32 AM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
On 7/20/2020 8:45 AM, trader_4 wrote:
And yet NY, NJ, CT etc successfully put Covid down.Â* Imagine that.
If we had a uniform plan like those states implemented for the
whole country, had adequate testing, we would have it down.
Instead we wasted the four months that shutting down bought us.
Why can't you look and learn?Â* Why do you just give up, accept
defeat?Â* The country that put man on the moon has fallen so badly
it can't get up.Â* So much for "make America great again".

Why not just buy all the pussified snowflakes some full hazmat suits
and let the rest of us real Americans live our lives?

With 10,000 new cases a day do you think that is enjoying life?

All that means is that we tested = 10,000 people,Â* MSM has a fresh
fearmongering statistic and that some medical supply company is laughing
all the way to the bank.

Explain why the hospitals have been filling up in some states. Many
have controlled it but some are losing the battle. Florida was not too
bad in April but 52 hospitals now have no ICU beds. Surely you can see
that is not good.

It simply points out what I have been saying all along. That virus is
still out there, just waiting until we open up. The states you like to
tout, are still locked down. I bet after watching Florida, New York
bars will be closed for a while.

Let's see. Do I want bars open or a healthy population?

Good. It actually makes sense.

That makes sense to everyone but the owners and the employees who are
running out of unemployment in a week or so.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

This country is a mess. There are consequences of letting these things
go wild. Thank you trump for not doing your job.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 20:59:56 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/20/2020 8:27 PM, Roger Oveur wrote:
On 7/20/2020 10:00 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/20/2020 9:32 AM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
On 7/20/2020 8:45 AM, trader_4 wrote:
And yet NY, NJ, CT etc successfully put Covid down. Imagine that.
If we had a uniform plan like those states implemented for the
whole country, had adequate testing, we would have it down.
Instead we wasted the four months that shutting down bought us.
Why can't you look and learn? Why do you just give up, accept
defeat? The country that put man on the moon has fallen so badly
it can't get up. So much for "make America great again".

Why not just buy all the pussified snowflakes some full hazmat suits
and let the rest of us real Americans live our lives?

With 10,000 new cases a day do you think that is enjoying life?

All that means is that we tested = 10,000 people, MSM has a fresh
fearmongering statistic and that some medical supply company is laughing
all the way to the bank.

Explain why the hospitals have been filling up in some states. Many
have controlled it but some are losing the battle. Florida was not too
bad in April but 52 hospitals now have no ICU beds. Surely you can see
that is not good.

It simply points out what I have been saying all along.
That virus is still out there, just waiting until we open
up. The states you like to tout, are still locked down.

That is a bare faced lie with New Zealand, Taiwan, China and Korea.

I bet after watching Florida, New York
bars will be closed for a while.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/20/2020 7:10 PM, wrote:
[...]

Yeah, **** it, who cares who dies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 21/07/2020 00:43, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 20:21:54 +0100, Bod wrote:

We know that there is transmission, 165 positives in one of our schools
and Israel has had a much worse result in their schools now.

Add to that, a whole lot of states are still living with busing orders
left over from 50 years ago and the kids in schools are not even
grouped by neighborhoods. One outbreak in a government desegregated
school will quickly spread out across the county on crowded school
buses.
I can't think of a better way to distribute a virus.

Just ask Trump. I'm sure he can. He's the virus's BFF.

If you have no answer, just throw out a trump brain fart.

No one can compete with Trump's extreme brain flatulence.

You folks can't seem to have a conversation about anything without
changing the subject to Trump.
We were talking about the difficulty in tracing covid in school kids.
In case you were too blinded by your TDS to notice, I was saying the
reopening of the schools may not be a good idea, no matter what Trump
or DeVos says.

I will predict that when the at risk kids fall through the cracks and
lose a year's worth of education, perhaps never recovering, the idea
of closing the schools will be questioned. This might end up being the
most lasting consequence from the panicdemic. We are going to add
millions to the ranks of the hard core unemployables.

I harp on about Trump because there's hardly a day goes by that he
doesn't come out with more drivel,more lies and self love, plus divisive
crap.

The man is obviously one wave short of a shipwreck.

Constantly harping about your hatred of the man isn't addressing the
issue at all tho. It just distracts from anything useful.

Yes it is addressing the issue. Donald Trump is ruining the US, he is
totally unfit for the job and quite frankly a deluded man. He is the
laughing stock of most of the rest of the world.
The only "useful" thing to do is to remove him ASAP and put someone in
with a normal brain before he does more damage.
He IS the issue.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 21/07/2020 02:57, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 17:13:03 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/20/2020 4:48 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 19:25:04 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 10:40:36 -0700, Bob F wrote:

And again, it is not about testing all the kids. It is about having an
adequate testing and tracking system on top of having controlled the
virus so that you can test and track and keep up with the virus. Europe
is doing that. China and Korea are, and many other countries are doing
that. But the Repubs have ignored, poo-pooed, and dismissed this very
basic process to stop covid.

If you put 1000 kids in a school and stir them up all day,

Strawman noted. And particularly
in the days of SARS-CoV-2, there will be social distancing
and masks for 3-12th graders, so contact tracing will be much
more practical than you think.

That is pretty hard to do with 30-40 kids in a crowded classroom or 75
kids on a bus. Once they get to 7th grade they are also going to
different classes 6 or 7 times a day, increasing the mix. You also
seem to have a lot more faith in the school's ability to enforce masks
and distancing. They have enough trouble keeping them from smoking
dope and having sex in the bathrooms.

It works in the other countries that have flattened (and in some
cases eliminated) the curve.

The cases were under control before the schools were opened.

And that is EXACTLY what trump is ordering states not to do.

Your knee is jerking again. I said Trump was wrong but you
automatically disagreed with me without even reading my post.
You folks are making excuses saying we could test and trace our way
out of this and it is ridiculous when we are seeing thousands of new
cases a day.

https://theconversation.com/contact-...eed-too-140293

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 13:53:39 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 13:46:04 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FredXX to Rodent Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
we shipped the likes of you out of the British Isles. Perhaps stupidity
and criminality is inherited after all?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/21/20 2:44 AM, Bod wrote:
On 21/07/2020 04:20, Muggles wrote:
On 7/20/2020 8:32 AM, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
On 7/20/2020 8:45 AM, trader_4 wrote:
And yet NY, NJ, CT etc successfully put Covid down.Â* Imagine that.
If we had a uniform plan like those states implemented for the
whole country, had adequate testing, we would have it down.
Instead we wasted the four months that shutting down bought us.
Why can't you look and learn?Â* Why do you just give up, accept
defeat?Â* The country that put man on the moon has fallen so badly
it can't get up.Â* So much for "make America great again".

Why not just buy all the pussified snowflakes some full hazmat suits and
let the rest of us real Americans live our lives?

I'm already living my own life and haven't skipped a beat.

So far.

My immune system has been saving my bacon for over 6 decades. Every viral attack that came my way was kicked to the curb.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 21/07/2020 11:29, epidemiologist wrote:
On 7/21/20 2:44 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

A 37-year-old Ohio man who claimed the coronavirus pandemic was just
'hype' and repeatedly refused to wear a face mask has died from COVID-19.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...book-post.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/21/20 2:28 AM, Bod wrote:
On 21/07/2020 02:57, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 17:13:03 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/20/2020 4:48 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 19:25:04 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 10:40:36 -0700, Bob F wrote:

And again, it is not about testing all the kids. It is about having an
adequate testing and tracking system on top of having controlled the
virus so that you canÂ* test and track and keep up with the virus. Europe
is doing that. China and Korea are, and many other countries are doing
that. But the Repubs have ignored, poo-pooed, and dismissed this very
basic process to stop covid.

If you put 1000 kids in a school and stir them up all day,

Strawman noted.Â*Â* And particularly
[...]

Where's Waldo?Â* Is he wearing an N-zero mask?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 9:51:52 PM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 17:44:31 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 2:33:41 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 10:40:36 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/19/2020 5:06 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 17:32:42 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/19/2020 4:14 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 11:23:43 -0700, Bob F wrote:

wrote:
[...]

When you are talking about 1000 kid schools and with busing, they are
coming from 10 or 12 different neighborhoods, anyone with a modicum of
knowledge of large number math knows contact tracing is a joke.

Contact tracing does not only apply to kids.

If the kids are the vector, as this thread implies, my statement
stands. You have 1000 kids per school from a dozen different
neighborhoods scattered out across the county who are in different
groups, close together (different classes, different buses and
different play groups at home), How many contacts do you think are in
that tree alone. Then toss in everyone else in those 12,000 homes who
probably work in jobs with dozens if not hundreds of contacts. The
numbers are incomprehensible.
That is why I tend to agree, schools might be a dangerous place to
experiment.
Unfortunately the alternative is pretty ugly too because the kids
worst affected by a deficient education are exactly the ones from the
families most at risk, both from the virus but also from crime,
poverty and drug abuse.

Nobody wants to talk about that.

My Catholic high school had 3200 boys, the girls school had near that
and the public school 2500. What do you want to track? That is just
one portion of Philadelphia.

A private school, pulling kids in from all over the city might
actually be a pretty good analog but the public system multiplies that
by dozens of schools
Lee County has 49 elementary schools, 20 middle schools and 15 high
schools (some bigger than others, particularly at the elementary
level)
We have total "school choice". You can pretty much go to any school in
the county you want with a few restrictions. The District has "718
school buses transporting students to schools and home ... traveling
over 12.3 million miles each school year". (from their web site).
Some buses can hold 72 kids.
Track that.

And again, it is not about testing all the kids. It is about having an
adequate testing and tracking system on top of having controlled the
virus so that you can test and track and keep up with the virus. Europe
is doing that. China and Korea are, and many other countries are doing
that. But the Repubs have ignored, poo-pooed, and dismissed this very
basic process to stop covid.

If you put 1000 kids in a school and stir them up all day,

When you went to school did you have contact with the entire
school? I sure didn't.

then put
them on buses and scatter them across the county in no logical orderu

Wow, things must be really more screwed in FL than I thought.
You just load kids on buses and scatter them everywhere in no logical
order?

any meaningful tracking would have to include all of them as a group.
Then you would have to trace all of their friends in the neighborhood
that they don't go to school with and the family.

How many other countries have the level of cross county busing as the
US does, particularly in states that lived under deseg orders for 30
years? Our school bus system logs 12.6 million miles a year shuttling
kids around for 180 days of classes. That is 70,000 miles a day using
over 700 buses. (from the Lee school board web site)

You know, maybe Trump should just pick a day for the whole country
to commit mass suicide. We might as well, it's all hopeless. The
country that won WWII and put man on the moon is incapable of tracking,
incapable of social distancing, incapable of wearing masks. Let;s
all just kill our selves. Or we could look at China, South Korea,
Taiwan, City of Hong Kong, NY, NJ, CT and learn.

This refusal to learn from other countries that are obviously doing better
than we are is what some Trump supporters call 'putting America first.'
It doesn't seem like it's working out very well.

+1

It's just blind arrogance and stupidity.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 9:58:33 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 17:13:03 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/20/2020 4:48 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 19:25:04 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
[...]

I's say it's more like you're just stuck in continual denial mode. Tracing
is being done effectively in NY, NJ, CT. It's being done successfully in
China, South Korea, Taiwan, EU, etc. It can be done in those places,
because they took the correct steps to put Covid down to low levels so
that tracing CAN BE DONE. Your state chose to listen to Trump and to fail.
Now, as we told you months ago, you're in flames, with 10K cases a day.
So, sure you can't do tracing now. You wasted 4 months of hardship.
Now instead of recognizing that, you want to pretend that it's something
else. Are you actually arguing that states like NY, NJ, CT should just
follow FL, TX, AZ over the cliff? Should EU and South Korea?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Are you sure you didn't vote for Trump? You sound exactly like him.
People point out what works, how other countries have put Covid down
and kept it down, how they have saved lives and instead of accepting it
and learning, you tell them to leave the country.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 10:11:24 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Except of course that NY, NJ and CT are not locked down. Most businesses
have re-opened, outdoor dining is open, beaches are open, shopping malls
are open, barber/beauty shops are open. Where do you get your information from?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 2:02:31 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
On 21/07/2020 00:43, wrote:
[...]

And it's not like he hasn't earned it. Trump says or does something stupid
and awful just about every day. He didn't just start the job, he's been
failing for three and half years now and instead of learning, correcting,
he's getting much worse. One fundamental problem is that Trump has never
really suffered the consequences of any of his actions. Cheat on the wife,
get away with it. Bankrupt companies, others take most of the losses and
he walks away. Extort Ukraine with crazy Putin conspiracy lies, get
impeached, the GOP claims it never happened, whatever it was it was all
A-OK, they give him a vote of approval. He's learned that lying, denying
and a lot of BS has always worked. This time though, it sure looks like
the jig is finally up, big time. I only wish something, anything would
finally come out, that the Trumpets would accept, that finishes him off
in their eyes too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/21/2020 5:29 AM, epidemiologist wrote:
On 7/21/20 2:44 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Same here ... That's the best we can ask for - our bodies to do what it
was meant to do.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/21/20 2:44 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Glad your body works so well. If they all did, we would not have had
bubonic plague, polio, tetanus, etc. I guess we are defective.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/21/20 2:44 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Same here ...Â* That's the best we can ask for - our bodies to do what it
was meant to do.

Glad your body works so well.Â* If they all did, we would not have had
bubonic plague, polio, tetanus, etc.Â* I guess we are defective.

Life isn't perfect.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 13:46:04 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
[...]

What happens if I go to New Zealand?
I am under house arrest for 2 weeks. That is locked down.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 07:02:28 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 21/07/2020 00:43, wrote:
[...]

I still haven't seen anyone tell me what Hillary would have done
differently. Lots of fantasy but not much that changes the nature of
Americans.
I suppose we might have stayed locked down longer but that is just
postponing the inevitable. I said cases would soar as soon as they
opened back up and Texas, California and Florida proved me right. The
NE states are still locked down so they are still showing a decline
but as soon as places of assembly open up, hold on to your hat.

You can't even use the mask excuse because mask use is higher now in
Florida than it was when we were doing well. Two months ago less than
50% were wearing masks. Now I think it might be up in the 85-90% in
the places I went today (Publix (twice), CVS, Ace and Lowes)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 06:45:17 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 9:58:33 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 17:13:03 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/20/2020 4:48 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 19:25:04 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
[...]

Lets see how you folks look when you open up places of assembly.
Florida was looking great when we stayed locked down.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 06:50:20 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

Are the bars open? Are the theaters open? Can you even sit inside a
restaurant?

The things that you mentioned probably didn't need to be closed in the
first place.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 9:58:33 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 17:13:03 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/20/2020 4:48 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 19:25:04 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
[...]

Did they have test and trace fully working?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

If they wanted to end up like Florida today. Is that working out great
for you?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

So don't go there if you don't like being responsible.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

2 months ago, the virus was spreading all over the state like wildfire.
What you are seeing at the hospitals now is those people. The masks now
may be helping, but you will not see that at the hospitals for weeks.
Your peak at the hospitals is still weeks off even if the masks stopped
the spread completely.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

I'm going to New Jersey in 12 days and I'll be locked down for my entire
visit. Not a big deal as my plan is to spend time with a longtime
friend I've not seen in a while. If not crowded we can sit on the beach
as the house is right on the beach. We won't be able to go to a
restaurant but that is not a big deal as we will either cook or orfer
delivery.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 13:46:04 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Nope, quarantine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 07:27:31 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Senile Rot about himself:
"I was involved in the design of a computer OS"
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 9:58:33 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 17:13:03 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/20/2020 4:48 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 19:25:04 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
[...]

Does anyone? ... fully?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It is working out OK for me. I am not in a make out bar trying to get
lucky.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

I am just pointing out they are still locked down.
The US has NEVER enforced a quarantine until Kentucky tried this week.
They have a family wearing ankle monitors. Let's see how that works
out for them.
I see lawsuits flying before that is over.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Two months ago the virus was in a steady decline in Florida but you
can lie if you like. That was the justification they used to go to
phase 2. The biggest mistake was the bars.

The virus is apparent in about a week if you are going to get sick. We
are getting the day by day from one of our news anchors who is
reporting in from home after testing positive last week. They are
telling him, this is a 2 week thing, maybe 3.

About 25% of the patients in our hospitals (Ft Myers/Naples) now have
Covid but it is unclear all of them are there because of covid, they
just have it and are isolated.
75% don't.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Legally, you are not supposed to see your friend for 2 weeks. It is
that kind of little cheat that starts the spread again. I bet he is
not going to quarantine for 2 weeks after you leave.