Posted to alt.home.repair

Default School Opening -- The King has spoken

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 13:38:29 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/21/2020 12:47 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 07:02:28 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 21/07/2020 00:43,
wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 20:21:54 +0100, Bod wrote:

We know that there is transmission, 165 positives in one of our schools
and Israel has had a much worse result in their schools now.

Add to that, a whole lot of states are still living with busing orders
left over from 50 years ago and the kids in schools are not even
grouped by neighborhoods. One outbreak in a government desegregated
school will quickly spread out across the county on crowded school
buses.
I can't think of a better way to distribute a virus.

Just ask Trump. I'm sure he can. He's the virus's BFF.

If you have no answer, just throw out a trump brain fart.

No one can compete with Trump's extreme brain flatulence.

You folks can't seem to have a conversation about anything without
changing the subject to Trump.
We were talking about the difficulty in tracing covid in school kids.
In case you were too blinded by your TDS to notice, I was saying the
reopening of the schools may not be a good idea, no matter what Trump
or DeVos says.

I will predict that when the at risk kids fall through the cracks and
lose a year's worth of education, perhaps never recovering, the idea
of closing the schools will be questioned. This might end up being the
most lasting consequence from the panicdemic. We are going to add
millions to the ranks of the hard core unemployables.

I harp on about Trump because there's hardly a day goes by that he
doesn't come out with more drivel,more lies and self love, plus divisive
crap.

The man is obviously one wave short of a shipwreck.

Constantly harping about your hatred of the man isn't addressing the
issue at all tho. It just distracts from anything useful.

Yes it is addressing the issue. Donald Trump is ruining the US, he is
totally unfit for the job and quite frankly a deluded man. He is the
laughing stock of most of the rest of the world.
The only "useful" thing to do is to remove him ASAP and put someone in
with a normal brain before he does more damage.
He IS the issue.

I still haven't seen anyone tell me what Hillary would have done
differently. Lots of fantasy but not much that changes the nature of
Americans.
I suppose we might have stayed locked down longer but that is just
postponing the inevitable. I said cases would soar as soon as they
opened back up and Texas, California and Florida proved me right. The
NE states are still locked down so they are still showing a decline
but as soon as places of assembly open up, hold on to your hat.

You can't even use the mask excuse because mask use is higher now in
Florida than it was when we were doing well. Two months ago less than
50% were wearing masks. Now I think it might be up in the 85-90% in
the places I went today (Publix (twice), CVS, Ace and Lowes)

2 months ago, the virus was spreading all over the state like wildfire.
What you are seeing at the hospitals now is those people. The masks now
may be helping, but you will not see that at the hospitals for weeks.
Your peak at the hospitals is still weeks off even if the masks stopped
the spread completely.

Two months ago the virus was in a steady decline in Florida but you
can lie if you like. That was the justification they used to go to
phase 2. The biggest mistake was the bars.

The virus is apparent in about a week if you are going to get sick. We
are getting the day by day from one of our news anchors who is
reporting in from home after testing positive last week. They are
telling him, this is a 2 week thing, maybe 3.

About 25% of the patients in our hospitals (Ft Myers/Naples) now have
Covid but it is unclear all of them are there because of covid, they
just have it and are isolated.
75% don't.