mj

Default Beware of HOMIER DIST. tools

wrote:

If Homier Distributing comes into your town. Avoid them like a deadly
disease.
You can see all their junk on their website
http://www.xxx.com

Smells like a back handed SPAM. Why include their url?

ccbailey

mj wrote:

wrote:

If Homier Distributing comes into your town. Avoid them like a deadly
disease. You can see all their junk on their website
http://www.xxx.com

Smells like a back handed SPAM. Why include their url?

We went by their sale a few years ago when they came through our area.
The things they were selling were cheaply made, so we didn't buy a
thing. Those people that bought that crap should have been able to tell
just by looking at the stuff that it wasn't well made.

Diane

We went by their sale a few years ago when they came through our area.
The things they were selling were cheaply made, so we didn't buy a
thing. Those people that bought that crap should have been able to tell
just by looking at the stuff that it wasn't well made.

They seem to have a mix of junk & good. The scaffolding I've bought from
them is excellent &, according to one of the rental places here, the same
quality as what they rent. On the other hand, there's some stuff there I
don't think would survive being transported home or being powered up. g

HeatMan

I saw the ad and went to the sale.

I also saw a lot of junk, but I did buy some stuff. I got a heavy duty set
of jumper cables for my son, a hitch hauler for an employee and a 12 volt
booster pack with a air pump.

You really have to shop these places, not take everything for granted that
it's going to be perfect.

"Minnie Bannister" wrote in message
They were in our area a month or two back. We didn't see a flyer, but I
happened to see their sign at the entrance to the place where they had
set up their tent.

I walked around but was not impressed with what I saw and left without
buying a thing.

MB

On 08/24/04 05:47 pm put fingers to keyboard and
launched the following message into cyberspace:

If Homier Distributing comes into your town. Avoid them like a deadly
disease. They are mobile merchants. They will come into your town
for a day, or weekend. They set up a large tent and are more than
happy to take your money before they run out of your town.

They sell mostly tools, but also sell other household items.
Once you buy something from them, YOU OWN IT. Whether it works or
not, It's yours. Despite what their advertising says, they do not and
will not repair or replace defective merchandise. In fact, if you
call them, you will get a busy signal or a machine. If you email
them, they will not reply, in fact their email bounces back more than
not.

snip

Minnie Bannister

Saw no sign of that at the one I went to.

MB

On 08/25/04 10:02 am Dennis M put fingers to keyboard and launched the
following message into cyberspace:

I don't know if Homier does this because I've never been to one of their
sales but I remember going to one of those fly-by-night deals several years
ago and they had someone stationed at the exit looking for people who were
leaving without buying anything and tried to talk them into buying
something. (cue Jaws theme)

If Homier Distributing comes into your town. Avoid them like a deadly
disease. They are mobile merchants. They will come into your town
for a day, or weekend. They set up a large tent and are more than
happy to take your money before they run out of your town.

They sell mostly tools, but also sell other household items.
Once you buy something from them, YOU OWN IT. Whether it works or
not, It's yours. Despite what their advertising says, they do not and
will not repair or replace defective merchandise. In fact, if you
call them, you will get a busy signal or a machine. If you email
them, they will not reply, in fact their email bounces back more than
not.

I made the mistake of purchasing some of their junk tools, about a
year ago. All of the hand tools were made so cheaply that they broke
after one or a few uses. I also bought a power tool, and when I got
home, I found this tool was damaged (in the box) beyond being usable.
After nearly one year of trying to get assistance from them, I finally
contacted the Better Business Bureau. They actually DID contact me
after that. However, that was all they did, because they did not
remedy the problem, and refused further contact.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM !!!
You will NOT be satisfied, and you will be throwing your money away.

You can see all their junk on their website
http://www.homier.com

*** AVOID THIS COMPANY ***
**** THEY ARE CROOKS *****

If they come to your town, you'll get a flashy flyer in the mail.
Once you get it, be sure to warn all of your friends to STAY AWAY.

i went to one of their sales.. and found out that there stuff was just
junk from looking at it.... even comparing it to harbor freight you
could tell that it was not as good as their junk tools.. but at least in
my area harbor freight has a retail store and i have brought things back
to them and no problem....
Gary

They sell cheap chineese made products. You get exactly what you pay for.
Remember FRUGAL doesnt mean cheap.

mj wrote in message news:CcPWc.14627$nk.2977@okepread05...
wrote:

If Homier Distributing comes into your town. Avoid them like a deadly
disease.
You can see all their junk on their website

Christopher Green

wrote:

If Homier Distributing comes into your town. Avoid them like a deadly
disease.
You can see all their junk on their website
http://www.xxx.com

Smells like a back handed SPAM. Why include their url?

Wonder if they would run afoul of the Federal or California three-day
cooling-off period for consumer sales not made at a merchant's
permanent place of business?

Of course, they will be out of town by then, and they would be immune
to attempts to sue them because the game would not be worth the
candle.

--
Chris Green

SoCalMike

Christopher Green wrote:
Wonder if they would run afoul of the Federal or California three-day
cooling-off period for consumer sales not made at a merchant's
permanent place of business?

would that apply to car tent sales?
Christopher Green

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:07:29 GMT, SoCalMike
wrote:

Christopher Green wrote:
Wonder if they would run afoul of the Federal or California three-day
cooling-off period for consumer sales not made at a merchant's
permanent place of business?

would that apply to car tent sales?

Is the tent on the dealer's premises?

(The rule is normally applied to door-to-door and in-home sales, but
it sometimes flexes to cover merchants doing business away from their
regular location. Auto dealers have their own special rules.)

--
Chris Green

TURTLE

wrote in message
[...]

This is Turtle.

All you say maybe true as can be but I do go to their sells for small cheap
items that they sell cheap and very seldom have trouble with them. here is the
items : Electric tap 4 rolls for a $1.00 , Hack saw blades 10 for a $1.00, 25
ft. measuring tapes $.99 , Cheap truck Dollie $14.99 , 4.5 inch grinder wheels
$.99 each, 10 pound sledge hammer 3 ft. handle $3.95, and 4.5 inch hand angle
electric grinder $5.95 . I don't use the gringers much but at $5.95 each who
cares if you burn one up every 6 months or a year. I bought 5 of them 2 years
ago and I still got 3 I have not opened to use and use them about 5 to 10 times
a year. I don't expect much from junk and that is what they are but they fill a
need that away.

The other stuff is junk but if you want good stuff buy a name brand locally.

TURTLE

ameijers

"TURTLE" wrote in message

(snip)

[...]

Amen to what TURTLE said- use your eyes and your common sense. If a tool
looks and feels like junk, it probably is junk. For some applications, that
doesn't matter. For stuff that can kill you, it does matter. For example, I
would never buy jack stands at a traveling tool sale, but I might buy the
cheap floor jack there. I would need the floor jack maybe 3 times a year, so
as long as the seals didn't go, it would last forever. And if it fails, no
big deal- the car drops back down. Now if the jack stands fail while I am
under there, that is (to me, at least) a very big deal.

aem sends...

Rex Burkheimer

They have the best price around on mini-lathes and mill-drills.
Those are pretty much a known commodity, with plenty of online support from
individuals and 3rd parties.
I'll be spending about $900 next time one is in my area.