Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The *nothingburger* is growing exponentially

World sees record rise of 212,326 coronavirus cases in 24 hours

New figures from The World Health Organisation show this is the largest
rise since records began €“ more than 20,000 higher than the previous record.
The previous highest daily figure for new cases was 189,077, which was
reported on June 28.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/04/globa...2/?ito=cbshare

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 12:28:41 +0100, Bod wrote:

World sees record rise of 212,326 coronavirus cases in 24 hours

More testing = more cases.

More cases with fewer sick & dying = more nothing burger.

I'm not sure you're helping your own arguement .. :-)

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

World sees record rise of 212,326 coronavirus cases in 24 hours

More testing = more cases.
More cases with fewer sick & dying = more nothing burger.
I'm not sure you're helping your own arguement .. :-)
John T.

Damn, you're dumb. Please stay 100 miles downwind
and downstream of civilization.
[Yewston Chronicle]
"It's actually possible that we could become the next New York City," said
Roberta Schwartz, president of Houston Methodist Hospital. "I can't believe
we're now staring down the barrel of that gun."
===========
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...tals-go-into-P
hase-2-surge-plans-as-ICU-15380224.php

So far so good - I got tested July 1 - negative.
Thanks for caring :-)
.... don't forget to renew your meds.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 08:38:32 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 7/5/2020 7:25 AM, wrote:

World sees record rise of 212,326 coronavirus cases in 24 hours

More testing = more cases.
More cases with fewer sick & dying = more nothing burger.
I'm not sure you're helping your own arguement .. :-)
John T.

Damn, you're dumb. Please stay 100 miles downwind
and downstream of civilization.
[Yewston Chronicle]
"It's actually possible that we could become the next New York City," said
Roberta Schwartz, president of Houston Methodist Hospital. "I can't believe
we're now staring down the barrel of that gun."
===========
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...tals-go-into-P
hase-2-surge-plans-as-ICU-15380224.php

So far so good - I got tested July 1 - negative.
Thanks for caring :-)
... don't forget to renew your meds.
John T.

You're good for the day.

Yep - I do like living dangerously, though -
ie: the drive into the city to get tested ..

https://www.hpph.ca/en/health-matter...nd-perth.aspx#

Our 2-county health district had a grand total of 1 new case
yesterday - to add to the 58 all-told ; 5 deaths total ;
I think 4 were care homes
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/05/2020 08:13 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 12:28:41 +0100, Bod wrote:

World sees record rise of 212,326 coronavirus cases in 24 hours

More testing = more cases.

More cases with fewer sick & dying = more nothing burger.

I'm not sure you're helping your own arguement .. :-)

John T.

https://tucson.com/news/national/stu...b9f98156f.html

With a little Monday morning quarterbacking it's possible that all those
people who presented with ILI symptoms and were told to go home, rest,
and drink plenty of fluids actually were COVID-19 cases.

However, in this state due to the shortage of test kits, people were not
tested unless they presented with symptoms. Approximately 1% of those
tested positive.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 12:28:41 +0100, Bod wrote:

World sees record rise of 212,326 coronavirus cases in 24 hours

New figures from The World Health Organisation show this is the largest
rise since records began €“ more than 20,000 higher than the previous record.
The previous highest daily figure for new cases was 189,077, which was
reported on June 28.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/04/globa...2/?ito=cbshare

Yup we have proved if everyone stays home, it slows the spread of the
virus. What we haven't figured out is how we restart our lives without
another outbreak. I have been saying all along, this virus isn't just
going to go away.

Maybe you folks who have been preaching evolution are going to have to
step back and let it work itself out. The weak will die and the strong
will survive. The species will be better for it.
The current sentiment seems to be more about capitalism than
Darwinism. Granny is a revenue stream you don't want to lose. If you
just want to appeal to our "humanity", bear in mind emotion is a
luxury brought to us by capitalism. Primitive cultures put granny on
an ice floe and pushed them out to sea.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/5/2020 7:25 AM, wrote:

[...]

But, but, what about the cry that we need more testing?
Do you care about public health or your Quest and LabCorp stock?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 12:28:41 +0100, Bod wrote:

World sees record rise of 212,326 coronavirus cases in 24 hours

New figures from The World Health Organisation show this is the largest
rise since records began €“ more than 20,000 higher than the previous
record.
The previous highest daily figure for new cases was 189,077, which was
reported on June 28.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/04/globa...2/?ito=cbshare

Yup we have proved if everyone stays home, it slows
the spread of the virus. What we haven't figured out is
how we restart our lives without another outbreak.

New Zealand, Taiwan, Vietnam and Austria all have.

You lot are too stupid to work it out ?

I have been saying all along, this
virus isn't just going to go away.

How odd that SARS and the spanish flu did.

Maybe you folks who have been preaching evolution
are going to have to step back and let it work itself out.

More likely that even the most stupid like the USA
and Brazil etc will eventually noticed how it is done.

The weak will die and the strong will survive.

It was in fact the strong that died like flys with the spanish flu.

The species will be better for it.

It clearly wasnt with the spanish flu.

The current sentiment seems to be
more about capitalism than Darwinism.

This isnt about Darwinism.

Granny is a revenue stream you don't want to lose.

You inherit quicker if she dies earlier, stupid.

And costs the country much less if she dies off early too.

If you just want to appeal to our "humanity", bear in
mind emotion is a luxury brought to us by capitalism.

More utterly mindless silly stuff.

Primitive cultures put granny on an ice
floe and pushed them out to sea.

Dont get that many ice floe in the middle east for some reason.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Consider yourself lucky so far.

I've been hearing this "no problem here" thing for months, from places
in big trouble now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/07/2020 18:35, wrote:
[...]

What total Bull****!

In American Indian cultures, elders are valued as protectors, mentors,
teachers, keepers of wisdom, and intergenerational transmitters of
cultural knowledge (12). American Indian elders are often leaders in
their communities and are expected to be involved in decision making
(13).2 Jun 2016

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default edufication needed, was: The *nothingburger* is growing exponentially

In Bod writes:

[snip]

In American Indian cultures, elders are valued as protectors, mentors,
teachers, keepers of wisdom, and intergenerational transmitters of
cultural knowledge (12). American Indian elders are often leaders in
their communities and are expected to be involved in decision making
(13).2 Jun 2016

Somebody is taking feel good, public relations, sociological
propaganda at face value again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 04:00:04 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH troll****

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 04:00:04 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 12:28:41 +0100, Bod wrote:

World sees record rise of 212,326 coronavirus cases in 24 hours

New figures from The World Health Organisation show this is the largest
rise since records began €“ more than 20,000 higher than the previous
record.
The previous highest daily figure for new cases was 189,077, which was
reported on June 28.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/04/globa...2/?ito=cbshare

Yup we have proved if everyone stays home, it slows
the spread of the virus. What we haven't figured out is
how we restart our lives without another outbreak.

New Zealand, Taiwan, Vietnam and Austria all have.

You lot are too stupid to work it out ?

Locking up all visitors for 14 days is not "normal".

I have been saying all along, this
virus isn't just going to go away.

How odd that SARS and the spanish flu did.

Give this a couple years and see.

snip the stuff that went over your head
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 19:32:12 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 05/07/2020 18:35, wrote:
[...]

That is what we are told but when the **** hit the fan, granny was
left behind. The average life span for an Indian was about 35 years
anyway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 04:00:04 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 12:28:41 +0100, Bod wrote:

World sees record rise of 212,326 coronavirus cases in 24 hours

New figures from The World Health Organisation show this is the largest
rise since records began €“ more than 20,000 higher than the previous
record.
The previous highest daily figure for new cases was 189,077, which was
reported on June 28.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/04/globa...2/?ito=cbshare

Yup we have proved if everyone stays home, it slows
the spread of the virus. What we haven't figured out is
how we restart our lives without another outbreak.

New Zealand, Taiwan, Vietnam and Austria all have.

You lot are too stupid to work it out ?

Locking up all visitors for 14 days is not "normal".

Irrelevant to whether it is effective when done properly.

I have been saying all along, this
virus isn't just going to go away.

How odd that SARS and the spanish flu did.

Give this a couple years and see.

Yes, your certainty that it wont is stupid.

snip the stuff that went over your head

You never could bull**** and lie your way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 05:21:07 +1000, Joshua Snow, better known as cantankerous

cretin's pathological trolling:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 05:40:56 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Keema Nam addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You are now exposed as a liar, as well as an ignorant troll."
"MID: .com"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/5/2020 2:21 PM, Joshua Snow wrote:

"Muggles" wrote in message

People get sick ... so what?* You can't stop people from getting sick.

Corse can by not going where there are infected people.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you actually are that
stupid.

People still get sick despite doing everything they know to do to
prevent it.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

And now you see why doctors and hospitals (and their advice) exists.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Muggles" wrote in message

People get sick ... so what? You can't stop people from getting sick.

Corse can by not going where there are infected people.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you actually are that
stupid.

People still get sick despite doing everything they know to do to
prevent it.

Not with this virus they don't if they do it properly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 06:37:23 +1000, Joshua Snow, better known as cantankerous

JimK addressing senile Rodent Speed:
"I really feel the quality of your trolling has dropped in the last few
months..."
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

But unlike those places,Huron/Perth has been taking it seriously
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Where are you.

I need to go grocery shoppping.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/05/2020 01:08 PM, wrote:
That is what we are told but when the **** hit the fan, granny was
left behind. The average life span for an Indian was about 35 years
anyway.

https://www.nytimes.com/2002/10/29/s...ians-ills.html

I doubt the NYT would publish the article today.

"The researchers attributed the widespread decline in health in large
part to the rise of agriculture and urban living. People in South and
Central America began domesticating crops more than 5,000 years ago, and
the rise of cities there began more than 2,000 years ago.

These were mixed blessings. Farming tended to limit the diversity of
diets, and the congestion of towns and cities contributed to the rapid
spread of disease. In the widening inequalities of urban societies, hard
work on low-protein diets left most people vulnerable to illness and
early death."

Nothing changes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 07/05/2020 01:08 PM, wrote:
That is what we are told but when the **** hit the fan, granny was
left behind. The average life span for an Indian was about 35 years
anyway.

https://www.nytimes.com/2002/10/29/s...ians-ills.html

I doubt the NYT would publish the article today.

"The researchers attributed the widespread decline in health in large part
to the rise of agriculture and urban living. People in South and Central
America began domesticating crops more than 5,000 years ago, and the rise
of cities there began more than 2,000 years ago.

These were mixed blessings. Farming tended to limit the diversity of
diets, and the congestion of towns and cities contributed to the rapid
spread of disease. In the widening inequalities of urban societies, hard
work on low-protein diets left most people vulnerable to illness and early
death."

And hunter gatherers get to die like flies in droughts etc.

Nothing changes.

Plenty does in fact change over time. We dont see anyone
dying like flies in famines anymore except where the place
has deteriorated into the most obscene levels of civil war
and civil chaos or have been stupid enough to let some
fool like Kim Jong Il rule the roost.

And even the Chinese dont eat their neighbours children in
the worst famines anymore. Its easier to swap the kids with
the neighbours and eat theirs than to eat your own apparently.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 13:24:14 +1000, Joshua Snow, better known as cantankerous

Keema Nam addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You are now exposed as a liar, as well as an ignorant troll."
"MID: .com"
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky used his or her keyboard to write :
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 05 Jul 2020 11:20:28 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

philo was thinking very hard :
On 7/5/20 9:34 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
on 7/5/2020, supposed :
On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 12:28:41 +0100, Bod wrote:

World sees record rise of 212,326 coronavirus cases in 24 hours

More testing* =* more cases.

True.

More cases** with* fewer sick & dying* =* more nothing burger.

True, but more sick *and* a larger 'percentage' of tests being positive
tells the real story. Far from being a nothingburger.

Trump supporters suffer from encyclopedic ignorance.

More US citizens have died from COVID in a few months than died in WW-I

Never knew people were this dumb.

It's an eye opener isn't it.

It is for me. For years I've heard from Republicans that Democrats
think they are stupid, but I never thought so, until this spring and
now that's what I think about a lot of them.

I talked to my sister in law today. My brother tells me she watches
fox news all day long. Today she told me she thought the Dems were
ruining the economy on purpose. Sounds like something stupid they
would have said on Fox news.

That is the narrative being pushed by them, Trump is all about "They're
out to got me" ever since he was elected and the Republicans back him
up on even the most stupid of his claims - even in the face of contrary
evidence. Even going so far as to suppress evidence and testimony in an
impeachment trial.

I don't know where my brother is on on all of this.,

My brother and sister in law vote opposite parties, I think they get
their political views from their fellow congregation members and she is
religious but he is not. He ****es me off when he says you don't need
an AK-47 to hunt deer, I have explained to him over and over again how
that is a stupid democrat notion - both parties have their own lies to
tell.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

philo was thinking very hard :
On 7/5/20 9:34 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
on 7/5/2020, supposed :
On Sun, 5 Jul 2020 12:28:41 +0100, Bod wrote:

World sees record rise of 212,326 coronavirus cases in 24 hours

More testingÂ* =Â* more cases.

True.

More casesÂ*Â* withÂ* fewer sick & dyingÂ* =Â* more nothing burger.

[...]

Free of context, I have to agree with your brother. You don't need
an AK-47 to hunt deer.

I suspect, however, that you're indicating he thinks that there are
millions of AK-47s in law-abiding hands in the U.S., and that he
equates any "butch" looking weapon with an AK-47.

Cindy Hamilton
Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/06/2020 05:59 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
Free of context, I have to agree with your brother. You don't need
an AK-47 to hunt deer.

I suspect, however, that you're indicating he thinks that there are
millions of AK-47s in law-abiding hands in the U.S., and that he
equates any "butch" looking weapon with an AK-47.

The 7.62x39 round is a arguably better choice than the 5.56x45. Most of
the civilian variants of the AK-47 are accurate enough for the 100 yard
or under ranges where a .30-30 is typically used.

You're right though. The next stop past 'you don't need an AK' is 'you
don't need a .30-30' closely followed by 'you don't need a firearm of
any sort'.

Like many issues today the emotions involved have risen to the point
where I don't see a compromise happening.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Cindy Hamilton presented the following explanation :
wrote:

[...]

I counter with "You don't need an AR-15 to make applesauce; neither has
anything to do with the Second Ammendment to the US Constitution."

The liberal lie is that our right to bear arms has anything at all to
do with the right to hunt. State contitutions handle hunting issues. It
is a simple strawman argument the left has mostly bought into.

I suspect, however, that you're indicating he thinks that there are
millions of AK-47s in law-abiding hands in the U.S., and that he
equates any "butch" looking weapon with an AK-47.

Let's use 'assault style weapon' for the moment. Not needed for
hunting, but *are* needed to fight off rogue government or outside
invaders. Nice to have a handle, multiple load banana 'clip', a
heatsink and rapid fire capability when what you are hunting is also
hunting you with such weapons.