Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default The *nothingburger* is growing exponentially

On 07/06/2020 05:59 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
Free of context, I have to agree with your brother. You don't need
an AK-47 to hunt deer.

I suspect, however, that you're indicating he thinks that there are
millions of AK-47s in law-abiding hands in the U.S., and that he
equates any "butch" looking weapon with an AK-47.

The 7.62x39 round is a arguably better choice than the 5.56x45. Most of
the civilian variants of the AK-47 are accurate enough for the 100 yard
or under ranges where a .30-30 is typically used.

You're right though. The next stop past 'you don't need an AK' is 'you
don't need a .30-30' closely followed by 'you don't need a firearm of
any sort'.

Like many issues today the emotions involved have risen to the point
where I don't see a compromise happening.