Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cd iso9660 + udf or joliet

I want to burn a CD (700MB) for an old 2002 car cd player for a friend.
I have about 30 MP3 files (150MB).

ImgBurn is asking to choose between iso9660 udf or joilet.

Which do I pick?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 22:15:10 +0000 (UTC), Isidore Goresky
wrote:

I want to burn a CD (700MB) for an old 2002 car cd player for a friend.
I have about 30 MP3 files (150MB).

ImgBurn is asking to choose between iso9660 udf or joilet.

Which do I pick?

What happens when select the MP3 (all) files and burn them to the CD?
Don't know the ImgBurn program.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I want to burn a CD (700MB) for an old 2002 car cd player for a friend.
I have about 30 MP3 files (150MB).

ImgBurn is asking to choose between iso9660 udf or joilet.

Which do I pick?

What happens when select the MP3 (all) files and burn them to the CD?
Don't know the ImgBurn program.

Â* FWIW I use DIVX player's burner to record music and videos . Windows
media player does OK for burning music , but only in either the original
format (if unprotected) or as windows media format .Â* The only thing I
use an image burner (PowerISO in my case) for is to make bootable copies
of OS's to load to a comp . If the OP chooses to download DIVX , get 7 ,
the later ones are different and harder to use (for me anyway) .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

Isidore Goresky wrote:

I want to burn a CD (700MB) for an old 2002 car cd player for a friend.
I have about 30 MP3 files (150MB).

ImgBurn is asking to choose between iso9660 udf or joilet.

Which do I pick?

ISO 9660 and Joliet are for data discs. Not all car audio players of
that era can read them. Unless you're sure that "old 2002 car cd player"
supports MP3 discs, you're better off with CD-DA (audio CD).

Posted to alt.home.repair

Neill Massello wrote on Thu, 4 Apr 2019 01:32:14 -0600

ISO 9660 and Joliet are for data discs. Not all car audio players of
that era can read them. Unless you're sure that "old 2002 car cd player"
supports MP3 discs, you're better off with CD-DA (audio CD).

Thank you as I just want to know what settings to use to burn about 30 MP3
songs so that they play in any old cd player.

Bad for me that "CD-DA" isn't one of the options.
It must be called something else.

I ruined a ISO9660 + Juliet coaster already as it did not play in the car
cd player. I only have 4 CD-R 700 MB blanks left so I'm trying not to make
them a complete set of coasters.

Here's what I am doing.
1) I put a blank cd (650MB) into the computer drive
2) I bring up ImgBurn which finds my computer's DVD +/- RW drive
3) At "What would you like to do?" I use "Write files/folders to disc"
4) I put the 30 MP3 files into the ImgBurn "Source" window
Now I have to make the choice.

In "Options" are only these choices (default listed first).
Data Type: MODE1/2048 or MODE2/FORM1/2532
File System: ISO9660+Joliet or ISO9660 or ISO9660+Joliet+UDF or ISO9660+UDF
or UDF

Which is the option for "CD-DA"?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry Coombs wrote on Wed, 3 Apr 2019 21:23:42 -0500

* FWIW I use DIVX player's burner to record music and videos . Windows
media player does OK for burning music , but only in either the original
format (if unprotected) or as windows media format .* The only thing I
use an image burner (PowerISO in my case) for is to make bootable copies
of OS's to load to a comp . If the OP chooses to download DIVX , get 7 ,
the later ones are different and harder to use (for me anyway) .

Thanks but I only need to know what settings to use with ImgBurn.
I've been using ImgBurn for many years on data dvds.
I don't want to learn another gui and make coasters all over again.
I just want to know the imgburn settings to burn an audio cd from MP3 files
that will play in any cd player.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote on Wed, 03 Apr 2019 19:11:52 -0700

What happens when select the MP3 (all) files and burn them to the CD?
Don't know the ImgBurn program.

I only had two options so I took the ISO 9660 + Joliet option.
The disc is good but it will not play in the car cd player.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Isidore Goresky wrote on Wed, 3 Apr 2019 22:15:10 +0000 (UTC)
Do I maybe have to convert the MP3 files to WAV or something first?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Isidore Goresky" wrote in message
Terry Coombs wrote on Wed, 3 Apr 2019 21:23:42 -0500

FWIW I use DIVX player's burner to record music and videos . Windows
media player does OK for burning music , but only in either the original
format (if unprotected) or as windows media format . The only thing I
use an image burner (PowerISO in my case) for is to make bootable copies
of OS's to load to a comp . If the OP chooses to download DIVX , get 7 ,
the later ones are different and harder to use (for me anyway) .

Thanks but I only need to know what settings to use with ImgBurn.
I've been using ImgBurn for many years on data dvds.
I don't want to learn another gui and make coasters all over again.
I just want to know the imgburn settings to burn an audio cd from MP3
files
that will play in any cd player.

https://www.google.com/search?q=imgburn+audio+cd

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I want to burn a CD (700MB) for an old 2002 car cd player for a friend.
I have about 30 MP3 files (150MB).

ImgBurn is asking to choose between iso9660 udf or joilet.

Which do I pick?

None

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/...using-imgburn/
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 5 Apr 2019 03:15:17 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

**** off, senile pest!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 15:42:50 +0000 (UTC), Isidore Goresky wrote:

Isidore Goresky wrote on Wed, 3 Apr 2019 22:15:10 +0000 (UTC)
Do I maybe have to convert the MP3 files to WAV or something first?

ISTR that that's what you have to do, if you want the music to be playable
in a standard CD player. You also have to consider the playing time of the
mp3 pieces. You won't get more playable music on a playable CD (music data
themselves, yes, but not playable music) than the CD allows (by its playing
time).

So, if you burn three times as many mp3 data on CD (because mp3 is perhaps 3
times less data), the CD will most likely be unplayable because the burning
process can't be finished correctly (can't remember exactly, though).
Posted to alt.home.repair

Rod Speed wrote on Fri, 5 Apr 2019 03:15:17 +1100

https://www.google.com/search?q=imgburn+audio+cd

The old ImgBurn didn't have it
I will try this package instruction after loading the newest ImgBurn
https://www.afterdawn.com/guides/arc...th_imgburn.cfm
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03 Apr 2019, Isidore Goresky wrote in
alt.home.repair:

I want to burn a CD (700MB) for an old 2002 car cd player for a
friend. I have about 30 MP3 files (150MB).

ImgBurn is asking to choose between iso9660 udf or joilet.

Which do I pick?

I assume you want to burn the MP3s as data files, not as an audio CD.
Audio CDs have a time limit of about 80 minutes, so 30 songs aren't
likely to fit.

Are you sure his car player will play MP3s? Back then many of them
would only play audio CDs. My 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis will only play
audio CDs. It will not play a data disc full of MP3s. Since you mention
in your later post that your first attempt didn't work, I suspect his
player is like mine and will NOT play MP3s.

As I recall, ISO9660 only supports old DOS-style 8+3 file names. It
will truncate any long names to fit that, but it will keep the
extension (.mp3). Joliet supports long names. Some players may not
support long names, but most modern ones will. Pretty much all data
disk readers will read ISP9660 disks. Most will read Joliet format. UDF
is, I think, used mostly for video.

If you can trim your playlist down to, say, 78 minutes or so, you might
be best off burning an audio disk of it. His car player is almost
certain to play that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Shadow wrote on Thu, 04 Apr 2019 13:42:27 -0300

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/...using-imgburn/

These are all missing steps but I got it done thanks to your link and these
links.

https://www.afterdawn.com/guides/arc...th_imgburn.cfm
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/...using-imgburn/
https://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to...p3-music-files

The few steps that are missing in those links are mostly about the need for
editing the cue file afterwards. Otherwise the cde label is the first song
where it assumes all songs are by the same performer I guess.

You edit the first two lines of the cue file manually in Notepad.
TITLE "title"
PERFORMER "performer"

ImgBurn will automatically load the cue file but if you edit it like I did
I'm not sure if it loads the new cue file or keeps the old cue file.

So I exited ImgBurn before I edited the cue file with Notepad.

Since you exit ImgBurn to edit the cue file when you go back into ImgBurn
you hit a different set of buttons to burn the cue image file to disc.

But it works the same as the steps shown in your links if you do not edit
the cue file but you will have the first song as the title of your disc
then.

I went up to over 79 minutes but under 80 where the cue window adds up the
time for you so there is no need for a calculator.

Some of the links above were fuzzy on how to get the tags to be taken as
the cd text where they skipped the step that you have to do it for all
files but you can't select all files. You have to select the session or the
disc first.

To answer my original question the format says it is (AUDIO/2352).

Posted to alt.home.repair

Isidore Goresky wrote:

Here's what I am doing.
1) I put a blank cd (650MB) into the computer drive
2) I bring up ImgBurn which finds my computer's DVD +/- RW drive
3) At "What would you like to do?" I use "Write files/folders to disc"
4) I put the 30 MP3 files into the ImgBurn "Source" window
Now I have to make the choice.

In "Options" are only these choices (default listed first).
Data Type: MODE1/2048 or MODE2/FORM1/2532
File System: ISO9660+Joliet or ISO9660 or ISO9660+Joliet+UDF or ISO9660+UDF
or UDF

Which is the option for "CD-DA"?

An audio CD is essentially a digital audio stream recorded onto a disc.
It does not contain actual files. I suggest going to IMGBurn's site for
instructions.

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/5555-how-to-write-an-audio-cd-from-music-files-using-imgburn/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 14:59:06 -0500, Isidore Goresky
wrote:

To answer my original question the format says it is (AUDIO/2352).

....but does it play in the car CD player :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Happy to hear it worked out. It's been almost a decade since
I've burned any audio CDs.
USB MP3 players RuLeZ today. With the advantage you can change
the files in your file manager if you get bored with the selection.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote on Thu, 04 Apr 2019 14:55:28 -0700

To answer my original question the format says it is (AUDIO/2352).

...but does it play in the car CD player :-)

Yes. I could only fit 80 minutes so it took two CD discs.
Both worked in the car cd player.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Shadow wrote on Thu, 04 Apr 2019 18:59:31 -0300

Happy to hear it worked out. It's been almost a decade since
I've burned any audio CDs.
USB MP3 players RuLeZ today. With the advantage you can change
the files in your file manager if you get bored with the selection.

Thank you for your help.
It never occured to me that the older ImgBurn didn't do this.
And then it never occurred to me to create the "cue" file.
And it wasn't obvious that you then "write image file to disc".
Where the "image" is the text cue file.

The first cue file gave the disc the name of the first song.
On the second cue file, I edited the first two lines of text.

It's easy to burn about 20 of the 3 to 4 minute MP3 files to a CD disc.
If you know how.