Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Why do people have garden gates?

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 13:08:25 -0000, RJH wrote:

On 24/11/2018 22:38, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the silly 3 foot high ones
that anyone can open. They clearly don't stop burglars as you just hop
over it or open it.

On my street at least, keep leaves, litter and toileting dogs out of the
front garden.

You need to move.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 13:42:36 -0000, Meanie wrote:

On 11/24/2018 8:03 PM, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 00:42:39 -0000, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 23:56:31 -0000, "Bruce Farquhar"
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 22:47:57 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

Bruce Farquhar wrote

I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the
silly 3 foot high ones that anyone can open.

Some are that anal.

Probably.

Some keep the dog in.

A few, but 10 times as many gates here as dogs.

They clearly don't stop burglars
as you just hop over it or open it.
They put the gates there to make mental midgets go to usenet asking
stupid questions.

They really annoy people like postmen, opening and closing 1000 of them
a day.

How is that possible when you stated they can just hop over them?

Hopping over 1000 a day is asking for a sprained ankle when you get it wrong.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

Bruce Farquhar wrote

I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the
silly 3 foot high ones that anyone can open.

Some are that anal.

Probably.

Some keep the dog in.

A few, but 10 times as many gates here as dogs.

They keep out the dogs of those owners that decide to excercise them off
the lead and thus allow them to run into anyone's garden, **** on the
grass and run out again before the owner even catches up with them.

They also discourage other people's children from using the gardens
during games and damaging plants.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 25/11/2018 09:44, Rod Speed wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 24/11/2018 22:47, Rod Speed wrote:
Bruce Farquhar wrote
I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the silly 3 foot high
ones that anyone can open.

Some are that anal. Some keep the dog in.

They also keep other peoples dogs out.

Do you have that many dogs not on a lead ?

It only takes one being exercised off the lead each day to keep ****ting
on the grass.

SteveW
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 21:37:39 -0000, Sam E wrote:

On 11/24/18 5:59 PM, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 23:02:04 -0000, Thomas wrote:

They are pretty.
Locks only keep out the honest.

And petty theiving kids.

and those too drunk to notice they're trying to enter the wrong house.

I saw someone do that once, but to be fair it was a council estate. He looked at me and said "All these houses look the same!". And they did, and nobody bothered maintaining or installing house numbers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

Bruce Farquhar wrote

I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the
silly 3 foot high ones that anyone can open.

Some are that anal.

Probably.

Some keep the dog in.

A few, but 10 times as many gates here as dogs.

They keep out the dogs of those owners that decide to excercise them off
the lead and thus allow them to run into anyone's garden, **** on the
grass and run out again before the owner even catches up with them.

They also discourage other people's children from using the gardens
during games and damaging plants.

I'm glad I don't live where you do. But I see gates in nice areas too.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 01:25:40 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 00:59:24 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 22:47:57 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

Bruce Farquhar wrote

I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the
silly 3 foot high ones that anyone can open.

Some are that anal.

Probably.

Some keep the dog in.

A few, but 10 times as many gates here as dogs.

Not here. Few front gates here.

Aussies are a bit more down to earth if that's the right phrase.

No it isnt.

I mean they just get on with things instead of making a fuss about
unimportant ****.

That's not right either. Lots of places ban front fences so there is no
possibility of a gate.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 24/11/2018 22:38, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the silly 3 foot high ones
that anyone can open.* They clearly don't stop burglars as you just hop
over it or open it.

Keep the dog in?

--
Email does not work
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

news
wrote:

Bruce Farquhar wrote

I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the
silly 3 foot high ones that anyone can open.

Some are that anal.

Probably.

Some keep the dog in.

A few, but 10 times as many gates here as dogs.

They keep out the dogs of those owners that decide to excercise them off
the lead and thus allow them to run into anyone's garden, **** on the
grass and run out again before the owner even catches up with them.

Yeah, I got conned into stuffing letterboxes with local council
election flyers when a mate of mine was running for the local
council. Our letterboxes are all on the front fence line, not
in the front door. Knew the ****ing great alsatian would
love to come with me. I never had him on a lead, he much
preferred to go where he liked. Came to one place with a
absolutely immaculately groomed big front garden with
the old bugger farting around with some of the flowers.
I used to feed the dog the dry dog food which produces
enormous turds due to the indigestible cereals in the food.

Needless to say the dog chose his immaculate lawn
to drop an enormous turd right in the middle of it.
I thought the old bugger was gunna have a heart
attack on the spot. I just grinned and stuffed his
letterbox. Doubt we actually got his vote.

They also discourage other people's children from using the gardens during
games and damaging plants.

Wouldn't stop my neighbours kids. They loved my jungle
and my trees that left their own trees for dead. One of the
girls managed to fall out of one with ruler in her mouth.
Another boy managed to **** over one tree so badly
that it never grew straight again. The stump is still there
40 years later.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 21:55:00 +0000, Steve ******, the brain damaged,
notorious, troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

They keep out the dogs of those owners that decide to excercise them off
the lead and thus allow them to run into anyone's garden, **** on the
grass and run out again before the owner even catches up with them.

They also discourage other people's children from using the gardens
during games and damaging plants.

SteveW

Troll-feeding asshole!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 15:37:39 -0600, Sam E, another brain damaged,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, babbled:

They are pretty.
Locks only keep out the honest.

And petty theiving kids.

and those too drunk to notice they're trying to enter the wrong house.

For how long are all you troll-cocks sucking senile assholes still going to
go with that bull****. Until the troll has had all the fun he wanted to have
with you idiots?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 09:07:18 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

That's not right either.

Nobody is EVERY right ...except you! Right, you mentally sick sociopathic
asshole? LOL

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 24/11/2018 22:47, Rod Speed wrote:
Bruce Farquhar wrote
I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the silly 3 foot high
ones that anyone can open.

Some are that anal. Some keep the dog in.

They also keep other peoples dogs out.

Do you have that many dogs not on a lead ?

It only takes one being exercised off the lead each day to keep ****ting
on the grass.

Then take revenge on the ****wit who allows it to do so. Is it not illegal where you are to permit a dog to foul a public (or presumably someone else's private) land? In the UK I believe the fine is £250. All you need is CCTV footage.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 22:30:09 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

On 24/11/2018 22:38, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the silly 3 foot high ones
that anyone can open. They clearly don't stop burglars as you just hop
over it or open it.

Keep the dog in?

Train the dog instead?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news

wrote:

Bruce Farquhar wrote

I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the
silly 3 foot high ones that anyone can open.

Some are that anal.

Probably.

Some keep the dog in.

A few, but 10 times as many gates here as dogs.

They clearly don't stop burglars
as you just hop over it or open it.

They put the gates there to make mental
midgets go to usenet asking stupid questions.

He's right.

Me?

Yep.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 01:11:08 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 00:20:20 -0000, wrote:

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 22:38:07 -0000, "Bruce Farquhar"
wrote:

I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the silly 3 foot high ones
that anyone can open. They clearly don't stop burglars as you just
hop
over it or open it.

In the US jumping over a fence goes a long way towards justifying
being shot. (at least in the red states)

But just opening it to walk through, you could be just going to the
front
door.

Few yanks are such desperate povs/chavs that the only place
you can get to thru the gate is the front door, even in trailer parks.

I said COULD. So someone entering through the gate shouldn't be shot, as
they could be visiting you, delivering a package etc.

So the gate achieved nothing.

It clearly does if they jump over it.

You mean doesn't.

Nope. There, if they jump over the gate, you are free to gun them down.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:03:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Yep.

Poor lonely senile idiot! BG

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 09:35:41 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
[...]

Wow! So much **** to ignore! You REALLY got NOBODY in RL to talk to, right,
you abnormal senile cretin? It just KEEPS showing! BG

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news

wrote:

Bruce Farquhar wrote

I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the
silly 3 foot high ones that anyone can open.

Some are that anal.

Probably.

Some keep the dog in.

A few, but 10 times as many gates here as dogs.

They clearly don't stop burglars
as you just hop over it or open it.
They put the gates there to make mental midgets go to usenet asking
stupid questions.

They really annoy people like postmen, opening and closing 1000 of them
day.

None of ours do. They zoom up on their motorbikes and stuff
the letters into the letterbox which is never inside the gate.
http://www.skillsone.com.au/vidgallery/the-posties-run/
watch at 3:30

How is it I knew he was Australian as soon as I saw him?

If he did that here some moronic pig would do him for motorbiking on the
pavement.

Not possible here, they have a specific
legal exemption for doing that.

I guess Australia is like America, being larger per head of population, so
you all tend to have larger front gardens.

Its much more complicated than that. We do in fact have
some places with just as tiny front gardens as you lot have.
https://goo.gl/maps/JVazDLAxK8q

I really couldn't be bothered going to collect my mail instead of having
it come into my front door.

Yes, you actually are that that terminal a ****wit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 22:30:09 +0000, Dim Watts, another mentally deficient,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

Keep the dog in?

Sucking troll cock?

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Likewise here, just laziness. There is a busy regular bus route along
the road, at the end of my street. A good half mile of that is
occupied by large detached and semi- detached houses, these share a
long access road at the rear and a have large-ish rear gardens with
garages and parking built on them. Do they use the rear to park, not
likely...

They park out front, usually in a continuous row of near 1/2 mile of
parked vehicles, causing absolute chaos for traffic. Cars usually
manage to somehow get through, but buses really struggle. I have even
regularly seen them incredibly park on both sides of the road, making
it a real struggle for buses, sometimes impossible.

But do the planners try to accept that people like to park out front? No!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:11:30 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Yes, you actually are that that terminal a ****wit.

"Terminal" describes YOU a lot better, you 85-year-old abnormal senile dying
cretin! BG

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:04:27 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH the endless troll****

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 01:38:45 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 01:03:20 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 23:02:04 -0000, Thomas
wrote:

They are pretty.
Locks only keep out the honest.

And petty theiving kids.

Not here. We do have gates with almost all pools
and even a gate doesn't stop the worst of them.

I was talking about locks,

That one is locked. All pool fence gates have to be.

I didn't know you lived in lawyer filled America.

I don't; Nothing to do with lawyers,
everything to do with what makes sense.

and on things that cannot be scaled,

That little monkey shows that they all can be.

like a front door to a house.

Bet that wont stop that one when get gets older.

It stops them wandering in for a laugh. Won't stop burglars though,
nothing does.

That's bull**** too. All you have to do is make your place
much harder to get into than the neighbours places and
even the most stupid burglar loots theirs instead of yours.

No burglar was ever actually stupid enough to burgle my
place with a ****ing great alsatian going bananas inside.

The posty used to **** himself when he zoomed
up to the letterbox on his motorbike and the dog
hurled himself at the big patio door only 10'
away from it trying to have the posty for lunch.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...c3ffcbfea4a0bd

That's the kid's problem.

No problem for him.

And their parents for not simply teaching them to swim.

No point in his case, there was no pool yet.

Everyone should learn to swim, it's a very useful ability.

Sure, but it's not that simple with kids as young as that.

Sensible people teach their babies to swim, it's easier at that age.

That doesn't stop them drowning in pools when
they don't have the strength to get out of the pool .

Then you know there will never be a problem if your kid falls into
something.

Its not that simple.

Pools here don't generally have fences.

Only because there are **** all pools there.

Those that are don't have fences, we aren't as pessimistic as you lot.

Nothing to do with pessimistic. The reason you lot
don't have a legal requirement for fencing pools is
because there are **** all backyard pools there.

Fly into Sydney, you will see that most have them here.
https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-33..../data=!3m1!1e3

Kids can either swim or aren't stupid enough to go into a pool when they
can't.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

If you have kids that go into a pool when they can't swim, they need
removing from the gene er.... pool anyway.

Even you should be able to manage a more viable troll than that.

Obviously not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 01:47:21 -0000, wrote:

wrote:

I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the silly 3 foot high
ones
that anyone can open. They clearly don't stop burglars as you just
hop
over it or open it.

In the US jumping over a fence goes a long way towards justifying
being shot. (at least in the red states)

Do pigs get shot if they approach a house?

Only in Waco Texas and Ruby Ridge etc.

Cleveland, LA. the list goes on.
The result is still the same. The cops kill as many as they can,
sometimes everyone inside.

You ought to organise a nationwide cop cull.

Plenty of them did try that, and lost.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 02:47:55 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

wrote in message

wrote:

They are pretty.
Locks only keep out the honest.

And petty theiving kids.

Not here. We do have gates with almost all pools
and even a gate doesn't stop the worst of them.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...c3ffcbfea4a0bd

If the kid is that smart, they should have taught him to swim by now.

They decided it was too risky and decided to not have the pool till he is
older.

Er, they had a pool before he could swim.

No they did not. They had the fence but hadn't built the
pool yet, that was next. When they saw what a monkey
he was, they decided to have the pool later.

Stupid as **** really.

Nope, you are.

One hell of a stink on facebook when she first posted the video.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:29:42 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Stupid as **** really.

Nope, you are.

Just let's agree that BOTH of you are! BG

--
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp addressing Rot Speed:
"You really are a clueless pillock."
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 22:30:09 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

On 24/11/2018 22:38, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the silly 3 foot high ones
that anyone can open. They clearly don't stop burglars as you just hop
over it or open it.

Keep the dog in?

Train the dog instead?

Easier said than done with that. Lot easier to have a gate.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:48:48 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,

Bull****ting IDIOTS! LOL

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 23:48:48 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 22:30:09 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

On 24/11/2018 22:38, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the silly 3 foot high ones
that anyone can open. They clearly don't stop burglars as you just hop
over it or open it.

Keep the dog in?

Train the dog instead?

Easier said than done with that. Lot easier to have a gate.

Easier to train a dog than a cat. I always thought dogs were the stupidest animals on earth until I got cats.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

They are pretty.
Locks only keep out the honest.

And petty theiving kids.

Not here. We do have gates with almost all pools
and even a gate doesn't stop the worst of them.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...c3ffcbfea4a0bd

If the kid is that smart, they should have taught him to swim by now.

They decided it was too risky and decided to not have the pool till he is
older.

Er, they had a pool before he could swim.

No they did not. They had the fence but hadn't built the
pool yet, that was next. When they saw what a monkey
he was, they decided to have the pool later.

How odd to build the fence first. Difficult to get the digger in etc.

Stupid as **** really.

Nope, you are.

No I just couldn't be bothered reading the link.

One hell of a stink on facebook when she first posted the video.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the silly 3 foot high
ones
that anyone can open. They clearly don't stop burglars as you just
hop
over it or open it.

In the US jumping over a fence goes a long way towards justifying
being shot. (at least in the red states)

Do pigs get shot if they approach a house?

Only in Waco Texas and Ruby Ridge etc.

Cleveland, LA. the list goes on.
The result is still the same. The cops kill as many as they can,
sometimes everyone inside.

You ought to organise a nationwide cop cull.

Plenty of them did try that, and lost.

The trouble is they have limitless funding by the theiving government. It's insane that we get nicked by people paid for by ourselves.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 23:15:43 -0000, DerbyBorn wrote:

Likewise here, just laziness. There is a busy regular bus route along
the road, at the end of my street. A good half mile of that is
occupied by large detached and semi- detached houses, these share a
long access road at the rear and a have large-ish rear gardens with
garages and parking built on them. Do they use the rear to park, not
likely...

They park out front, usually in a continuous row of near 1/2 mile of
parked vehicles, causing absolute chaos for traffic. Cars usually
manage to somehow get through, but buses really struggle. I have even
regularly seen them incredibly park on both sides of the road, making
it a real struggle for buses, sometimes impossible.

But do the planners try to accept that people like to park out front? No!

I don't understand this parking at the back nonsense. Is this council estates we're talking about? They mostly seem to have been built before the car was invented. They have stupid systems where everyone parks in the middle of a square of houses, but the front doors are on the outside. So a postman walks round the outside to post through the letterboxes on the front doors, which are on a path. But if a courier wants to deliver something, he either has to run 200 yards round the outside of the block from where he parked, or go through their private back garden and knock on the back door, shocking the naked woman who just got out of the shower.

In civilised places like my street, you access the house from the front, where the road is, where the front door with the letterbox is, where the driveway is. The back garden does not have an exit, it borders onto the back garden of the house in the next street, with a fence or hedge to seperate them. Cars do not park on the road apart from buses/taxis/postmen. Your own car lives in your drive or garage where it belongs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Why don't you have a guide dog? If I was blind there's no way I'd venture outside without assistance. There's only so much that your hearing and a white stick can tell you about your surroundings. How do you avoid stepping in dog **** for example? And I wonder if guide dogs steer the blind around that?

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 09:20:26 -0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Actually I'd like to make all people have fences and gates. Down my street
so many people have made their front gardens into car parks that trying to
do as i used to just a few short years ago, shoreline a fence line to get to
the post box or the shops is now an obstacle course of wide open spaces,
cars that overhang the premises and stupidly placed wheelie bins. Its like a
nightmare for the blind. Now if the front was the only place to put a car,
I'd say fine, just put a little raised strip along the boundary, but no, all
the houses in my street have gardens and roads at the rear, most of the
gardens being over 100 ft long. Plenty of room for a car or two. Its
laziness. I call it the Thunderbirds solution. I'd imagine if they could
just step into an alcove and slide down into the driving seat than that
would be what they would install.
Bah Humbug.
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 09:45:51 -0000, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Brian Gaff brought next idea :
[...]

Buses are the root cause of most annoyances on the road. They're too slow and too big.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

"Bruce Farquhar" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 22:30:09 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

On 24/11/2018 22:38, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the silly 3 foot high ones
that anyone can open.* They clearly don't stop burglars as you just
hop
over it or open it.

Keep the dog in?

Train the dog instead?

Easier said than done with that. Lot easier to have a gate.

Easier to train a dog than a cat.* I always thought dogs were the
stupidest animals on earth until I got cats.

Nah, cats are intelligent enough to know not to let us know how
intelligent they are. That has to be true if you compare them to dogs.
Dogs can be trained to do what you want, while cats train you to do what
they want!

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

Bruce Farquhar wrote

I'm not talking about big locked ones, just the
silly 3 foot high ones that anyone can open.

Some are that anal.

Probably.

Some keep the dog in.

A few, but 10 times as many gates here as dogs.

They keep out the dogs of those owners that decide to excercise them off
the lead and thus allow them to run into anyone's garden, **** on the
grass and run out again before the owner even catches up with them.

They also discourage other people's children from using the gardens
during games and damaging plants.

I'm glad I don't live where you do.* But I see gates in nice areas too.

We're in a pretty nice are, but some dog owners are just awful people.
We actually don't have gates (the drive being too short to close them
once the car is in, unless they are illegally opened out, over the
pavement), but there have been a few times that I have wished that we
did. There is always a small percentage of dog owners that will "walk"
their dog by letting it off the lead and strolling along, letting the
dog roam ahead. They are the same sort of owner that let the dog make a
mess on the grass verges and doesn't clean it up, despite many
passengers having to access cars via the verges and being unable to see
what's there in the dark; those that walk the dogs on the playing fields
where people will later be playing football or rugby; or those that have
dogs, but leave them alone all day, barking, whining, fretting and
annoying the neighbours.

I have no complaint at all with the responsible owners, as their dogs
cause no bother to anyone.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 00:28:08 +0000, Steve ******, the brain damaged,
notorious, troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered:

Nah, cats are intelligent enough to know not to let us know how
intelligent they are. That has to be true if you compare them to dogs.
Dogs can be trained to do what you want, while cats train you to do what
they want!

SteveW

You quickly developed a taste for the unwashed Scottish ******'s cock, eh,
Steve ******? The unwashed ****** really holds an irresistible attraction
for all you seniles! LOL
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Ours is somewhat like that, but my wife's car lives on the road outside.
The driveway is only long enough for one car and access along the side
of the house, while useable for my kit-car or trailer, is too narrow for
everyday use - involving inching though with mirrors folded!

We are lucky, many houses only have access 3' to 4' wide to the back
garden. The houses were built in 1934/35 and cars weren't a consideration.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 00:37:02 +0000, Steve ******, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered again:

FLUSH

SteveW

What's so special about the gay Scottish ******'s cock that you can't stop
sucking him off, senile idiot? Is it because he never washes himself or
never wears any underwear (he bragged about it)? LOL