Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who makes reliable microwave ovens now?

Hi All,

I have two Toshiba EM925A5A-BS Microwave Ovens on switched
outlets (good thing).

One overheats and trips its thermal breaker. The top get
really, really hot and you can only briefly touch it.

The other one decided to run on it own. (I threw the
switch on the outlet.)

Who makes a reliable microwave oven now-a-days?

Many thanks,
-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/29/2018 11:04 PM, T wrote:

Who makes a reliable microwave oven now-a-days?

Many thanks,
-T

There are only a few manufacturers of the many brands.

At work we had a couple of cheap $79 GE from WalMart and they held up
rather well for a few years, still going strong in the break room. We
have a GE OTR for over a dozen years.

For the counter, I'd probably buy what looks pretty for $100 or so.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 30/07/2018 06:04, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sun 29 Jul 2018 08:17:52p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

On 7/29/2018 11:04 PM, T wrote:

Who makes a reliable microwave oven now-a-days?

Many thanks,
-T

There are only a few manufacturers of the many brands.

At work we had a couple of cheap $79 GE from WalMart and they held
up rather well for a few years, still going strong in the break
room. We have a GE OTR for over a dozen years.

For the counter, I'd probably buy what looks pretty for $100 or
so.

The best we've ever owned is Panasonic. We gave an earlier model to
a friend who has had it at last 10 years. Our current one we've had
for at least 6-7 years.

We've never had a problem with Microwave ovens.

First one lasted 20 odd years, 2nd lasted about 15.
All were still working fine when we upgraded models.
The latest one is a Panasonic inverter type(no revolving platter).

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

Who makes a reliable microwave oven now-a-days?
Many thanks,
-T

There are only a few manufacturers of the many brands.

At work we had a couple of cheap $79 GE from WalMart and they held
up rather well for a few years, still going strong in the break
room. We have a GE OTR for over a dozen years.

For the counter, I'd probably buy what looks pretty for $100 or
so.

The best we've ever owned is Panasonic. We gave an earlier model to
a friend who has had it at last 10 years. Our current one we've had
for at least 6-7 years.

We've never had a problem with Microwave ovens.
First one lasted 20 odd years, 2nd lasted about 15.
All were still working fine when we upgraded models.
The latest one is a Panasonic inverter type(no revolving platter).

Same - Same ... just a few years ago we replaced our
20 year old ? with a 1.2 cu.ft. Panasonic inverter
with revolving platter, ~ $ 120. on sale.
John T.

Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk

On Mon, 30 Jul 2018 10:02:29 -0400, "BurfordTJustice"
wrote:

Garbage

"Bod" wrote in message
: On 30/07/2018 06:04, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
: On Sun 29 Jul 2018 08:17:52p, Ed Pawlowski told us...
:
: On 7/29/2018 11:04 PM, T wrote:
:
:
[...]

We had a Sharp. Lasted over thirty years. We now have a Panasonic. Very
much lighter with a digital keypad. The old clockwork one on the Sharp
was faster. If I had ever dropped the Sharp it would have opened a
sinkhole. The Panasonic was about 1/2 of the cost of what I paid for the
Sharp all those years ago. Both do/did the job. Had the Panasonic for
about 5 years. Looking good. Obviously not a good choice for Bouffy to
dry off his Poodles.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

--
p-0.0-h the cat

Devil incarnate, Linux user#666, ******* hacker, Resident evil, Monkey Boy,
the SCOURGE, l33t p00h d3 tr0ll, p00h == lam3r, p00h == tr0ll, troll infme,
punk ass dole whore troll, religious maniac, lycanthropic schizotypal lesbian,
the most complete ignoid, joker, and furball.

NewsGroups Numbrer One Terrorist

By Appointment to God Frank-Lin.

Signature integrity check
md5 Checksum: be0b2a8c486d83ce7db9a459b26c4896

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/30/2018 12:35 AM, Bod wrote:

[snip]

We've never had a problem with Microwave ovens.

First one lasted 20 odd years, 2nd lasted about 15.
All were still working fine when we upgraded models.
The latest one is a Panasonic inverter type(no revolving platter).

Mine is a JC Penny, about 32 years old. The only problem it has had was
fixed with a 69-cent fuse from Radio Shack. It's less powerful (700W)
than modern ones, but adjusting the cooking time works OK.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The unspiritual man does not receive the gifts of the Spirit of God,
for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because
they are spiritually discerned." Paul, 1 Corinthians 2:14
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Jul 2018 09:57:03 -0500, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 07/30/2018 12:35 AM, Bod wrote:

[snip]

We've never had a problem with Microwave ovens.

First one lasted 20 odd years, 2nd lasted about 15.
All were still working fine when we upgraded models.
The latest one is a Panasonic inverter type(no revolving platter).

Mine is a JC Penny, about 32 years old. The only problem it has had was
fixed with a 69-cent fuse from Radio Shack. It's less powerful (700W)
than modern ones, but adjusting the cooking time works OK.

Same here (JC Penny)! Mine has a probe--I use that a lot!

--
croy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/30/2018 02:57 PM, croy wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2018 09:57:03 -0500, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 07/30/2018 12:35 AM, Bod wrote:

[snip]

We've never had a problem with Microwave ovens.
First one lasted 20 odd years, 2nd lasted about 15.
All were still working fine when we upgraded models.
The latest one is a Panasonic inverter type(no revolving platter).

Mine is a JC Penny, about 32 years old. The only problem it has had was
fixed with a 69-cent fuse from Radio Shack. It's less powerful (700W)
than modern ones, but adjusting the cooking time works OK.

Same here (JC Penny)! Mine has a probe--I use that a lot!

JC Penny's is now only selling GE counter top Microwaves.

WARNING: GE sold their appliances the to the master S*** maker
of all time: Haier. GE no longer makes appliances.

Posted to alt.home.repair

T wrote:
Hi All,

I have two Toshiba EM925A5A-BS Microwave Ovens on switched
outlets (good thing).

One overheats and trips its thermal breaker. The top get
really, really hot and you can only briefly touch it.

The other one decided to run on it own. (I threw the
switch on the outlet.)

Who makes a reliable microwave oven now-a-days?

Many thanks,
-T

Two reliable for me, Sears big combo model over the stove. Panasonic
Inverter, little model make high heat.

Greg

Inverter microwave ovens - reliable? Franc Zabkar Electronics Repair 31 March 10th 09 06:56 PM
Testing Microwave Ovens for MW Leakage Bookworm UK diy 20 April 11th 06 11:14 AM
Microwave ovens KTECH Home Repair 4 January 20th 06 01:50 PM
Any microwave ovens available with pop sensors? Doug Warner Home Repair 32 January 4th 06 05:56 PM
Microwave ovens thermal fuse/link/tco Sidney Electronics Repair 2 September 29th 04 05:50 AM