Posted to alt.home.repair
KTECH

Default Microwave ovens

Need some input. We are installing a micro hood oven over our range in place of a 36" range hood.The only two 36" micro hoods available are GE and Kenmore. Both units with interiors the same size as the 30" units.The cost of these units is almost $200 more than the 30"unit. Since no one has the units (sears hd best buy) on display I wonder if I am being charged $200 bucks for som black sheet metal.Any one out there had a look at the 36" units? If it's a sheet metal issue probably be better to build out opening to 30"
Frank
Posted to alt.home.repair

have you searched the net for better prices?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken

KTECH wrote:
Need some input. We are installing a micro hood oven over our range in
place of a 36" range hood.The only two 36" micro hoods available are GE
and Kenmore. Both units with interiors the same size as the 30"
units.The cost of these units is almost $200 more than the 30"unit.
Since no one has the units (sears hd best buy) on display I wonder if I
am being charged $200 bucks for som black sheet metal.Any one out there
had a look at the 36" units? If it's a sheet metal issue probably be
better to build out opening to 30"
Frank

I would be surprised if they made a custom 36" unit. My guess is there
is an adapter of sorts to fill in the additional 6", and that allows the
unit to measure 36".
Posted to alt.home.repair
KTECH

Thanks for your input . Yes I did find some good prices on the net,but all
about the same differential. If the 36" unit was more than sheet metal I
would be inclined to go that way.
Frank.
wrote in message
oups.com...
have you searched the net for better prices?

Posted to alt.home.repair

There should be a matching trim kit to fit a 30" microwave into a 36"
opening. A quick search at lowes.com shows several for many brands in
the $100 to $200 range, depending on finish/brand/style. The Whirlpool
I just installed had a part number in the manual for the kit. Not sure
of cost as I did not need it.