Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Who makes reliable microwave ovens now?

Who makes a reliable microwave oven now-a-days?
Many thanks,
-T

There are only a few manufacturers of the many brands.

At work we had a couple of cheap $79 GE from WalMart and they held
up rather well for a few years, still going strong in the break
room. We have a GE OTR for over a dozen years.

For the counter, I'd probably buy what looks pretty for $100 or
so.

The best we've ever owned is Panasonic. We gave an earlier model to
a friend who has had it at last 10 years. Our current one we've had
for at least 6-7 years.

We've never had a problem with Microwave ovens.
First one lasted 20 odd years, 2nd lasted about 15.
All were still working fine when we upgraded models.
The latest one is a Panasonic inverter type(no revolving platter).

Same - Same ... just a few years ago we replaced our
20 year old ? with a 1.2 cu.ft. Panasonic inverter
with revolving platter, ~ $ 120. on sale.
John T.