Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are lawn services like Chemlawn worth it?

On Friday, February 23, 2001 at 7:58:12 PM UTC-5, Kenric wrote:
Hello,

I just got a call from Chem-Lawn offering to take care of my grass
(not mowing) for the summer. Their application included some type of
crab-grass treatment, pre-treatment, fertilizer, etc..

They are charging about $40 per application which occurs every 6-7
weeks.

They say they guarantee a fuller, green, weed-free grass.

I just had my lawn re-sodded last fall, so I am actually entertaining
this.

Any thoughts?

Kenric

Sir,

I am extremely happy with the service, I have their app in my phone and it tells me where the truck is and gives me a 24 hr notice before a treatment.

My yard was a disaster, mostly weeds and lots of bare spots, now its green and weed free, the bare spots are filling in, I now have the best yard on the block and didn't lift a finger. Im very happy with it, its a lot cheaper than putting in a new lawn.

Keith in South Carolina
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I don't like it because It kills the worms.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/10/2018 02:28 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

[snip]

Every year I have relied on a paid service to weed and fertilize my
lawn the lawn has died.

Recently I noticed a sign "A Perm-O-Green Lawn" in a nearby yard. It was
one of the worse looking ones.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The Bible and the Church have been the greatest stumbling blocks in the
way of women's emancipation." -- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 11 Apr 2018 08:37:18 -0000 (UTC), gregz

[...]

I paid $700 a year for the last 2 years and my lawn is about the
worst it's been in 36 years.