Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are lawn services like Chemlawn worth it?

On Friday, February 23, 2001 at 7:58:12 PM UTC-5, Kenric wrote:
Hello,

I just got a call from Chem-Lawn offering to take care of my grass
(not mowing) for the summer. Their application included some type of
crab-grass treatment, pre-treatment, fertilizer, etc..

They are charging about $40 per application which occurs every 6-7
weeks.

They say they guarantee a fuller, green, weed-free grass.

I just had my lawn re-sodded last fall, so I am actually entertaining
this.

Any thoughts?

Kenric

Sir,

I am extremely happy with the service, I have their app in my phone and it tells me where the truck is and gives me a 24 hr notice before a treatment.

My yard was a disaster, mostly weeds and lots of bare spots, now its green and weed free, the bare spots are filling in, I now have the best yard on the block and didn't lift a finger. Im very happy with it, its a lot cheaper than putting in a new lawn.

Keith in South Carolina
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/10/2018 02:28 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

[snip]

Every year I have relied on a paid service to weed and fertilize my
lawn the lawn has died.

Recently I noticed a sign "A Perm-O-Green Lawn" in a nearby yard. It was
one of the worse looking ones.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The Bible and the Church have been the greatest stumbling blocks in the
way of women's emancipation." -- Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I don't like it because It kills the worms.

Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 11 Apr 2018 08:37:18 -0000 (UTC), gregz

[...]

I paid $700 a year for the last 2 years and my lawn is about the
worst it's been in 36 years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

On Wed, 11 Apr 2018 11:41:47 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 11 Apr 2018 11:08:40 -0400, Morph
wrote:

On 04/10/2018 11:05 AM,
wrote:
I am extremely happy with the service, I have their app in my phone and it tells me where the truck is and gives me a 24 hr notice before a treatment.

Does the app tell you how toxic that **** is and how long it takes to work its way down into the drinking water table?

The American lawn is the least productive and most ecologically
damaging crop grown in the US, using more water and chemicals than any
other thing we grow ... for absolutely zero tangible benefit.

The effective (dangerous) stuff is outlawed up here - they use an
iron compound for weeds that seems to make them grow faster - and they
use straight nitrogen fertilizer - leaving the lawn deficient in
phosphates and potassium.

I used to use triple 7 fertilizer - hard to get now - will use slow
release triple 17 this year and see if I can get ahead of the weeds by
pulling and cutting at 3 inches instead of 2 1/4. Will likely spot
treat the stubborn stuff with something illigal and effective.

My neighbor has used chemicals for years and my lawn is better with no work.
I had a boss tell me once to cut it high and it will choke the weeds off
eventually. It works!

--
Tekkie