Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Are lawn services like Chemlawn worth it?

On 4/10/2018 3:28 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 08:05:12 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Friday, February 23, 2001 at 7:58:12 PM UTC-5, Kenric wrote:
Hello,

I just got a call from Chem-Lawn offering to take care of my grass
(not mowing) for the summer. Their application included some type of
crab-grass treatment, pre-treatment, fertilizer, etc..

They are charging about $40 per application which occurs every 6-7
weeks.

They say they guarantee a fuller, green, weed-free grass.

I just had my lawn re-sodded last fall, so I am actually entertaining
this.

Any thoughts?

Kenric

Sir,

I am extremely happy with the service, I have their app in my phone and it tells me where the truck is and gives me a 24 hr notice before a treatment.

My yard was a disaster, mostly weeds and lots of bare spots, now its green and weed free, the bare spots are filling in, I now have the best yard on the block and didn't lift a finger. Im very happy with it, its a lot cheaper than putting in a new lawn.

Keith in South Carolina

Every year I have relied on a paid service to weed and fertilize my
lawn the lawn has died.

I am reminded about a friend with a lawn service that complained to them
that there was some sort of biting insect in the lawn. They told him
that it was his responsibility as they were only responsible for the
lawn's health.