Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

B52

Default Can my Craftsman 15.5 hp, 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor use Craftsman 42 in. Deluxe Lawn Tractor Snow Thrower

I have the following lawn tractor:

- Craftsman 15.5 hp, 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor
Mfr. model #27235

I am looking to buy a snow blower attachment and a friend is selling
his snow blower. The following is the reference:

Craftsman 42 in. Deluxe Lawn Tractor Snow Thrower
Mfr. model #24853

In sears.com/craftman.com, the optional snow blower for my tractor is:
Craftsman 42 in. Lawn Tractor Snow Thrower
Mfr. model #24839

I am not 100% sure that the snow blower of my friend with fit my lawn
tractor or if I can adapt easily; he is giving me a really good deal.

Thanks

German
Andrew Duane

I don't know specificlaly if the mountings, etc. will fit. But when I
was shopping for tractors and snow blowers, two separate salesmen told
me that anything under 18 HP or so isn't very useful for snowblowers.
They need a fair amount of power.

I'd ask someone at Sears whether they recommend fitting one to your
15.5 HP. They can also probably figure out if things will physically
fit.

--

Andrew Duane Member Technical Staff - ATG
SavaJe Technologies