Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are lawn services like Chemlawn worth it?

On Wed, 11 Apr 2018 15:49:00 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Wed, 11 Apr 2018 11:41:47 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 11 Apr 2018 11:08:40 -0400, Morph
wrote:

On 04/10/2018 11:05 AM,
wrote:
I am extremely happy with the service, I have their app in my phone and it tells me where the truck is and gives me a 24 hr notice before a treatment.

Does the app tell you how toxic that **** is and how long it takes to work its way down into the drinking water table?

The American lawn is the least productive and most ecologically
damaging crop grown in the US, using more water and chemicals than any
other thing we grow ... for absolutely zero tangible benefit.

The effective (dangerous) stuff is outlawed up here - they use an
iron compound for weeds that seems to make them grow faster - and they
use straight nitrogen fertilizer - leaving the lawn deficient in
phosphates and potassium.

I used to use triple 7 fertilizer - hard to get now - will use slow
release triple 17 this year and see if I can get ahead of the weeds by
pulling and cutting at 3 inches instead of 2 1/4. Will likely spot
treat the stubborn stuff with something illigal and effective.

Excess nitrogen fertilizer running into the water is as bad as the
other two. It is one of the tests I run every month.