Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilets

A friend of mine is paying a plumber to try to rebuild her 1950's
vintage maroon toilet.

I told her to just replace the thing but she says she likes the color,
it matches her sink and that same color is no longer available.

I decided to look on-line and was shocked to see Kohler actually has
toilets selling for as much as $6000.

(Maybe the plumber who tried to sell me a $2000 toilet last year was not
as crooked as I thought.)

Anyway I was kind of surprised that not only could I not find anyplace
selling a maroon toilet, I was also surprised at how for a company that
sells toilets if that price, there are only ten choices for color.

This is one insane world

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/19/17 8:38 PM, philo wrote:
A friend of mine is paying a plumber to try to rebuild her 1950's
vintage maroon toilet.

I told her to just replace the thing but she says she likes the color,
it matches her sink and that same color is no longer available.

I decided to look on-line and was shocked to see Kohler actually has
toilets selling for as much as $6000.

(Maybe the plumber who tried to sell me a $2000 toilet last year was
not as crooked as I thought.)

Anyway I was kind of surprised that not only could I not find anyplace
selling a maroon toilet, I was also surprised at how for a company
that sells toilets if that price, there are only ten choices for color.

This is one insane world

As long as the porcelain is intact, it should be no problem "rebuilding".

We have a sky blue 1955 toilet that works just fine with all new
"innards". Also it matches the sink and tub.

Would like to get a new seat & lid, but only available on-line, and
color is tough to match on-line.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 19:38:40 -0500, philo wrote:

A friend of mine is paying a plumber to try to rebuild her 1950's
vintage maroon toilet.

I told her to just replace the thing but she says she likes the color,
it matches her sink and that same color is no longer available.

I decided to look on-line and was shocked to see Kohler actually has
toilets selling for as much as $6000.

(Maybe the plumber who tried to sell me a $2000 toilet last year was not
as crooked as I thought.)

Anyway I was kind of surprised that not only could I not find anyplace
selling a maroon toilet, I was also surprised at how for a company that
sells toilets if that price, there are only ten choices for color.

This is one insane world

There is really not that much to rebuild on an old toilet.
It is probably $50 in parts if you replace everything including the
tank to base seals, bolts and all the guts. On those old ones the
universal kits usually work. It is the new stylish ones that have all
the proprietary parts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/19/2017 8:38 PM, philo wrote:
A friend of mine is paying a plumber to try to rebuild her 1950's
vintage maroon toilet.

Anyway I was kind of surprised that not only could I not find anyplace
selling a maroon toilet, I was also surprised at how for a company that
sells toilets if that price, there are only ten choices for color.

This is one insane world

If a lot of people wanted maroon toilets, they would make maroon toilets.

Just my opinion, but some things are nice white, toilets being one of
them. My house was built in 1978 and had one yellow, one blue. Never
liked them. Got rid of one years ago, got rid of the blue one when we
remodeled both bathrooms a couple of years ago.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I decided to look on-line and was shocked to see Kohler actually has
toilets selling for as much as $6000.
(Maybe the plumber who tried to sell me a $2000 toilet last year was not
as crooked as I thought.)
This is one insane world

https://www.totousa.com/neorest-750h...with-actilight

.. fartin' through silk !

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 19:38:40 -0500, philo wrote:

A friend of mine is paying a plumber to try to rebuild her 1950's
vintage maroon toilet.

I told her to just replace the thing but she says she likes the color,
it matches her sink and that same color is no longer available.

I decided to look on-line and was shocked to see Kohler actually has
toilets selling for as much as $6000.

(Maybe the plumber who tried to sell me a $2000 toilet last year was not
as crooked as I thought.)

Anyway I was kind of surprised that not only could I not find anyplace
selling a maroon toilet, I was also surprised at how for a company that
sells toilets if that price, there are only ten choices for color.

This is one insane world

Welcome to the world of crappers and females. Eventually things will
change and she decides on a modern crapper.

Avocado & Harvest Gold?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 19:38:40 -0500
philo wrote:

This is one insane world

Thank you mullato cuz for that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/19/2017 5:38 PM, philo wrote:
A friend of mine is paying a plumber to try to rebuild her 1950's
vintage maroon toilet.

I told her to just replace the thing but she says she likes the color,
it matches her sink and that same color is no longer available.

I decided to look on-line and was shocked to see Kohler actually has
toilets selling for as much as $6000.

(Maybe the plumber who tried to sell me a $2000 toilet last year was not
as crooked as I thought.)

Anyway I was kind of surprised that not only could I not find anyplace
selling a maroon toilet, I was also surprised at how for a company that
sells toilets if that price, there are only ten choices for color.

This is one insane world

Welcome to America; now go home.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/19/2017 07:56 PM, Retired wrote:
On 4/19/17 8:38 PM, philo wrote:
[...]

Part of the problem is the lid is broken in 12 pieces, they were
planning on gluing it back together which is going to be a mess.

I guess that's not my problem though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/19/2017 08:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/19/2017 8:38 PM, philo wrote:
A friend of mine is paying a plumber to try to rebuild her 1950's
vintage maroon toilet.

Anyway I was kind of surprised that not only could I not find anyplace
selling a maroon toilet, I was also surprised at how for a company
that sells toilets if that price, there are only ten choices for color.

This is one insane world

If a lot of people wanted maroon toilets, they would make maroon toilets.

Just my opinion, but some things are nice white, toilets being one of
them. My house was built in 1978 and had one yellow, one blue. Never
liked them. Got rid of one years ago, got rid of the blue one when we
remodeled both bathrooms a couple of years ago.

A plain white generic toilet is fine for me.

Others might say they are good for **** though

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/19/2017 08:51 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

My friend wrote a funny poem about an avocado toilet
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilets here is that poem

Avocado Toilets by Matt Cook

We saw this avocado-colored toilet in the street one day
It was one of those days
when people were putting things in the street
We came up with this idea to put this avocado-colored toilet
In the back of this guy we didn't likes truck
So we went and found this guy's truck
And we put this avocado-colored toilet
Right in the back of this guy's truck
Had a good laugh about it
Forgot about it
A year goes by we're driving around again
We see another avocado-colored toilet
Just like before virtually identical
So we go and find that guy's truck again
And we put this avocado-colored toilet
Right in the back of his truck again
We just kept putting things in his truck
We thought it would send him on an emotional rollercoaster
But it didn't work
He was too well-adjusted
It didn't phase him
He thought they were just green toilets
That's why he was a guy we didn't like

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/19/17 8:38 PM, philo wrote:
[...]

Maybe they could make one out of a nice piece of wood (2x10 ?) and
stain it to look nice, or paint to match ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/19/17 8:38 PM, philo wrote:
[...]

Because of the grain, you will find wooden toilet seats are made from
at least 4 pieces glued together.
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo laid this down on his screen :
A friend of mine is paying a plumber to try to rebuild her 1950's vintage
maroon toilet.

I told her to just replace the thing but she says she likes the color, it
matches her sink and that same color is no longer available.

I decided to look on-line and was shocked to see Kohler actually has toilets
selling for as much as $6000.

(Maybe the plumber who tried to sell me a $2000 toilet last year was not as
crooked as I thought.)

Anyway I was kind of surprised that not only could I not find anyplace
selling a maroon toilet, I was also surprised at how for a company that sells
toilets if that price, there are only ten choices for color.

Use a good epoxy designed for use on porcelain.

This is one insane world

It can be Phil...

--
How do we spell F-R-A-U-D, kiddies? Hint: D-U-S-T-I-N C-O-O-K.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/19/17 8:38 PM, philo wrote:
[...]

I assumed that it is the tank lid that is broken in 12 pieces. If it
is the seat&lid then I would just buy a new wooden seat in a dark
stain color to go with the maroon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/19/17 8:38 PM, philo wrote:
[...]

Yes, tank lid...they seem to think they can fix it

Can be done, the result depends on the skill level and patience.
Chipping is probably the biggest challenge to overcome on the glazed
side. I hope they have done some investigating to ise the right
materials rather than just trial and error.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/19/17 8:38 PM, philo wrote:
[...]

Supposedly her plumber is an expert at this...I'm sure she will let me know.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/20/2017 12:48 PM, Naturous wrote:
philo laid this down on his screen :
A friend of mine is paying a plumber to try to rebuild her 1950's
vintage maroon toilet.

I told her to just replace the thing but she says she likes the color,
it matches her sink and that same color is no longer available.

I decided to look on-line and was shocked to see Kohler actually has
toilets selling for as much as $6000.

(Maybe the plumber who tried to sell me a $2000 toilet last year was
not as crooked as I thought.)

Anyway I was kind of surprised that not only could I not find anyplace
selling a maroon toilet, I was also surprised at how for a company
that sells toilets if that price, there are only ten choices for color.

Use a good epoxy designed for use on porcelain.

This is one insane world

It can be Phil...

At least my $84 toilet has some sanity
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo was thinking very hard :
[...]

I changed My front bathroom toilet out for a long and higher toilet.
It's much more comfy to sit on and I can let Mr ED just dangle now. ^^

--
How do we spell F-R-A-U-D, kiddies? Hint: D-U-S-T-I-N C-O-O-K.

Toilets ralf[_2_] Home Repair 22 July 27th 14 01:28 PM
Toilets again Ed Pawlowski Home Repair 14 May 26th 13 11:39 PM
New toilets yo[_4_] Home Repair 12 February 17th 11 03:59 AM
Old toilets # Fred # Home Repair 13 August 18th 06 02:26 AM
Toilets... dirty stinking toilets! dougga Home Repair 6 October 27th 04 06:56 PM