Posted to alt.home.repair
Naturous Naturous is offline

Default Toilets

philo was thinking very hard :
On 04/20/2017 12:48 PM, Naturous wrote:
philo laid this down on his screen :
A friend of mine is paying a plumber to try to rebuild her 1950's
vintage maroon toilet.

I told her to just replace the thing but she says she likes the color,
it matches her sink and that same color is no longer available.

I decided to look on-line and was shocked to see Kohler actually has
toilets selling for as much as $6000.

(Maybe the plumber who tried to sell me a $2000 toilet last year was
not as crooked as I thought.)

Anyway I was kind of surprised that not only could I not find anyplace
selling a maroon toilet, I was also surprised at how for a company
that sells toilets if that price, there are only ten choices for color.

Use a good epoxy designed for use on porcelain.

This is one insane world

It can be Phil...

At least my $84 toilet has some sanity

I changed My front bathroom toilet out for a long and higher toilet.
It's much more comfy to sit on and I can let Mr ED just dangle now. ^^

--
How do we spell F-R-A-U-D, kiddies? Hint: D-U-S-T-I-N C-O-O-K.