Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Toilets

On 04/19/2017 07:56 PM, Retired wrote:
On 4/19/17 8:38 PM, philo wrote:
A friend of mine is paying a plumber to try to rebuild her 1950's
vintage maroon toilet.

I told her to just replace the thing but she says she likes the color,
it matches her sink and that same color is no longer available.

I decided to look on-line and was shocked to see Kohler actually has
toilets selling for as much as $6000.

(Maybe the plumber who tried to sell me a $2000 toilet last year was
not as crooked as I thought.)

Anyway I was kind of surprised that not only could I not find anyplace
selling a maroon toilet, I was also surprised at how for a company
that sells toilets if that price, there are only ten choices for color.

This is one insane world

As long as the porcelain is intact, it should be no problem "rebuilding".

We have a sky blue 1955 toilet that works just fine with all new
"innards". Also it matches the sink and tub.

Would like to get a new seat & lid, but only available on-line, and
color is tough to match on-line.

Part of the problem is the lid is broken in 12 pieces, they were
planning on gluing it back together which is going to be a mess.

I guess that's not my problem though.