Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Government Waste

I found the video I was looking for a few posts back. If this doesn't anger you then you don't deserve to be a citizen. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

http://video.foxnews.com/v/522726752...#sp=show-clips

[8~{} Uncle Wasted Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 16:32:42 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

I found the video I was looking for a few posts back. If this doesn't anger you then you don't deserve to be a citizen. ?( ?_?)?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/522726752...#sp=show-clips

[8~{} Uncle Wasted Monster

I posted the link a few days ago. Glaciers are now feminist.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I found the video I was looking for a few posts back. If this doesn't anger you then you don't deserve to be a citizen. ?( ?_?)?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/522726752...#sp=show-clips

[8~{} Uncle Wasted Monster

I posted the link a few days ago. Glaciers are now feminist.

Are you sure it's not sexist?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I found the video I was looking for a few posts back. If this doesn't anger you then you don't deserve to be a citizen. ?( ?_?)?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/522726752...#sp=show-clips

[8~{} Uncle Wasted Monster

I posted the link a few days ago. Glaciers are now feminist.

I must have forgotten your post but I had made another post about government waste and that interview was one I had seen but forgot where until I ran across it again. I think I may be suffering from news overload. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle News Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Uncle Monster" wrote in message
I found the video I was looking for a few posts back. If this doesn't anger
you then you don't deserve to be a citizen. ?( ?_?)?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/522726752...#sp=show-clips

Look on the bright side...stuff like this keeps talking heads in business.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

I found the video I was looking for a few posts back. If this doesn't anger you then you don't deserve to be a citizen. +( ?_?)+

http://video.foxnews.com/v/522726752...#sp=show-clips

[8~{} Uncle Wasted Monster

Snot right...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/1/2016 7:32 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I found the video I was looking for a few posts back. If this doesn't anger you then you don't deserve to be a citizen. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

http://video.foxnews.com/v/522726752...#sp=show-clips

[8~{} Uncle Wasted Monster

Got this one this am:

When NASA started sending astronauts into space they quickly discovered
that ball-point would not work in zero gravity.

To combat this problem, Congress approved a program and NASA scientists
spent a decade and over $165 million developing a pen that writes in
zero gravity, upside down, on almost any surface and at temperatures
ranging from below freezing to over 300 C.

The Russians used a pencil...

Your taxes are due again in April, 2017.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank "frank writes:

On 12/1/2016 7:32 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I found the video I was looking for a few posts back. If this doesn't
anger you then you don't deserve to be a citizen. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

http://video.foxnews.com/v/522726752...#sp=show-clips

[8~{} Uncle Wasted Monster

Got this one this am:

When NASA started sending astronauts into space they quickly
discovered that ball-point would not work in zero gravity.

To combat this problem, Congress approved a program and NASA
scientists spent a decade and over $165 million developing a pen that
writes in zero gravity, upside down, on almost any surface and at
temperatures ranging from below freezing to over 300 C.

The Russians used a pencil...

Your taxes are due again in April, 2017.

How does it feel to be party to the spreading ignorance in America?

Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/business/genius/spacepen.asp

NASA never asked Paul C. Fisher to produce a pen. When the astronauts
began to fly, like the Russians, they used pencils, but the leads
sometimes broke and became a hazard by floating in the [capsule's]
atmosphere where there was no gravity. They could float into an eye or
nose or cause a short in an electrical device. In addition, both the
lead and the wood of the pencil could burn rapidly in the pure oxygen
atmosphere. Paul Fisher realized the astronauts needed a safer and
more dependable writing instrument, so in July 1965 he developed the
pressurized ball pen, with its ink enclosed in a sealed, pressurized
ink cartridge.

Fisher sent the first samples to Dr. Robert Gilruth, Director of the
Houston Space Center. The pens were all metal except for the ink,
which had a flash point above 200°C. The sample Space Pens were
thoroughly tested by NASA. They passed all the tests and have been
used ever since on all manned space flights, American and Russian. All
research and development costs were paid by Paul Fisher. No
development costs have ever been charged to the government. Because of
the fire in Apollo 1, in which three Astronauts died, NASA required a
writing instrument that would not burn in a 100% oxygen atmosphere. It
also had to work in the extreme conditions of outer space:...

Just a few seconds with Google can avoid the embarrassment
(assuming you care). Government workers are just like any other
workers. They go to work and try to do their jobs just like everyone
else. Sometimes they make mistakes, sometimes not. I suspect the
folks at NASA are pretty damn smart and make a whole lot less
mistakes than most. Show a little respect.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 09:15:34 -0500, Dan Espen
wrote:

[...]

FISHER SPACE PEN CO. BOULDER CITY NEVADA USA

http://www.spacepen.com/

"... a pen that uses pressurized ink cartridges and is able to write
in zero gravity, underwater, over wet and greasy paper, at any angle,
and in a very wide range of temperatures."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Pen
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The Russians asked what was wrong with a pencil