Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vass

Default sink waste connect to bath waste?

Any reason why I can't connect my wash basin waste to the Bath waste before
it goes out through the wall?
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Taylor

"Vass" wrote in message
. uk...
Any reason why I can't connect my wash basin waste to the Bath waste
before it goes out through the wall?
--
Vass

If you're not worried about the basin water coming up through the bath
plughole, and not concerned about going against Building Regulations and all
good advice, then no.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
david lang

Vass wrote:
Any reason why I can't connect my wash basin waste to the Bath waste
before it goes out through the wall?

Do you mean 'can you connect both wastes to the same waste pipe' before it
goes out through the wall, or connect one directly to the other?

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French

In message , Peter
Taylor writes

"Vass" wrote in message
.uk...
Any reason why I can't connect my wash basin waste to the Bath waste
before it goes out through the wall?
-- Vass

If you're not worried about the basin water coming up through the bath
plughole,

Never happened on ours, seems pretty unlikely.

and not concerned about going against Building Regulations and all good
advice, then no.

Is it against building regs?

Our old house had the wastes combined. You may find that you get get
gurgling from the other was, this can be sorted with an air admittance
trap.
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vass

"david lang" wrote in message
. uk...
Vass wrote:
Any reason why I can't connect my wash basin waste to the Bath waste
before it goes out through the wall?

Do you mean 'can you connect both wastes to the same waste pipe' before it
goes out through the wall, or connect one directly to the other?

Dave

yes connect both to the pipe that goes out the wall into the hopper outside
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y
david lang

Vass wrote:

yes connect both to the pipe that goes out the wall into the hopper
outside

Thats how mine is and I've never had any problems - I assume its standard
practice.

Dave