Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Connecting basin waste to WC waste

I want to fit a small washbasin inside and outdoor toilet. I'm
wondering about the basin waste - the only place I can route it to
would be the back of the toilet. Is there any way to connect the PVC
waste pipe to a pan connector? The pan connector is a swan next type
going down into the floor.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 06:12:09 -0700, avocado wrote:

I want to fit a small washbasin inside and outdoor toilet. I'm wondering
about the basin waste - the only place I can route it to would be the
back of the toilet. Is there any way to connect the PVC waste pipe to a
pan connector? The pan connector is a swan next type going down into the
floor.

A selection of fitting are available for this purpose, usually in the
form of a 32mm compression fitting on the side/top/end of various pan
outlet connectors/adaptors. Precisely how much help and how difficult to
use will depend on lots of things, but it could be what you are looking
for.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 06:12:09 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be avocado
wrote this:-

I want to fit a small washbasin inside and outdoor toilet. I'm
wondering about the basin waste - the only place I can route it to
would be the back of the toilet. Is there any way to connect the PVC
waste pipe to a pan connector? The pan connector is a swan next type
going down into the floor.

To add to what Ed has said, one of the main problems will be
enduring that the trap of the basin is properly ventilated. In ye
olden days that would be by an air admittance pipe running up the
building, these days there are a variety of gadgets with valves
built in to them to do the same thing.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

I want to fit a small washbasin inside and outdoor toilet. I'm
wondering about the basin waste - the only place I can route it to
would be the back of the toilet. Is there any way to connect the PVC
waste pipe to a pan connector? The pan connector is a swan next type
going down into the floor.

To add to what Ed has said, one of the main problems will be
enduring that the trap of the basin is properly ventilated. In ye
olden days that would be by an air admittance pipe running up the
building, these days there are a variety of gadgets with valves
built in to them to do the same thing.

Use of a U-trap or bottle trap on the basin with an integral air
admittance valve is what I would suggest. I've used these a few
times and they work very well.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Basin waste - what sealer do I use? diy-newby UK diy 8 October 16th 07 08:54 PM
Basin waste top diameter John E[_2_] UK diy 2 October 16th 07 07:26 PM
Flipover basin waste Jeff Layman UK diy 3 August 13th 07 10:59 PM
Basin waste plug Tim Lamb UK diy 9 March 24th 07 09:51 AM
Adding a basin to a toilet with no route for basin waste pipe Richard Hamer UK diy 24 July 22nd 04 12:12 AM