Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shoulda knowed better

Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked the distribution
.... my apologies to the group for dragging all the trash in from the kooks
group .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/24/2016 3:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked the distribution
... my apologies to the group for dragging all the trash in from the kooks
group .

just go sit in the corner, and soon all will be forgiven.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 5:21:20 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked the distribution
... my apologies to the group for dragging all the trash in from the kooks
group .

--
Snag

I've always had a soft spot for you. (because I'm hetero) 8^)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 5:21:20 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked the distribution
... my apologies to the group for dragging all the trash in from the kooks
group .
--
Snag

It's not your fault. 13 year old Burka Boy has been disrupting the home repair group for some time now. I don't know why or where it came from so I just ignore it. Unfortunately, there is no way to kill-file trolls with Google Groups. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Spurn Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked
the
distribution ... my apologies to the group for dragging
all the trash
in from the kooks group .

just KF him and you won't be tempted by his stupidity

Old saying
Never argue with idiots
They will only drag you down to their level then beat you
with experience : )

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/24/2016 7:20 PM, ChairMan wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked
the
distribution ... my apologies to the group for dragging
all the trash
in from the kooks group .

just KF him and you won't be tempted by his stupidity

Old saying
Never argue with idiots
They will only drag you down to their level then beat you
with experience : )

The other saying is, you wrestle with pigs and you will get dirty and
the pigs will love it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked
the
distribution ... my apologies to the group for dragging
all the trash
in from the kooks group .

just KF him and you won't be tempted by his stupidity

Old saying
Never argue with idiots
They will only drag you down to their level then beat you
with experience : )

The other saying is, you wrestle with pigs and you will get dirty and
the pigs will love it.

Well, there is bikini mud wrestling night at some wild bars. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Dirty Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked
the
distribution ... my apologies to the group for dragging
all the trash
in from the kooks group .

just KF him and you won't be tempted by his stupidity

Old saying
Never argue with idiots
They will only drag you down to their level then beat you
with experience : )

The other saying is, you wrestle with pigs and you will get dirty and
the pigs will love it.

Well, there is bikini mud wrestling night at some wild bars. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Dirty Monster

Now we'll all be thinking about the Colonel in a bikini
Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked
the
distribution ... my apologies to the group for dragging
all the trash
in from the kooks group .

just KF him and you won't be tempted by his stupidity

Old saying
Never argue with idiots
They will only drag you down to their level then beat you
with experience : )

The other saying is, you wrestle with pigs and you will get dirty and
the pigs will love it.

Well, there is bikini mud wrestling night at some wild bars. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Dirty Monster

Now we'll all be thinking about the Colonel in a bikini

EEEEEEEUUUUUUU! O_o

[8~{} Uncle Repelled Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/24/2016 7:10 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 5:21:20 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked the distribution
... my apologies to the group for dragging all the trash in from the kooks
group .
--
Snag

It's not your fault. 13 year old Burka Boy has been disrupting the home repair group for some time now. I don't know why or where it came from so I just ignore it. Unfortunately, there is no way to kill-file trolls with Google Groups. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Spurn Monster

The term "ignore" is a word many lack in self control.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 4:40:06 AM UTC-5, SBH wrote:
On 8/24/2016 7:10 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 5:21:20 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked the distribution
... my apologies to the group for dragging all the trash in from the kooks
group .
--
Snag

It's not your fault. 13 year old Burka Boy has been disrupting the home repair group for some time now. I don't know why or where it came from so I just ignore it. Unfortunately, there is no way to kill-file trolls with Google Groups. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Spurn Monster

The term "ignore" is a word many lack in self control.

I think Burka Boy or one of the other trolls must have said something offensive about TC's wife. The trolls keep pushing different buttons hoping they hit one that gets a reaction. That attack doesn't work on me because all my buttons fell off. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Buttonless Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked the
distribution ... my apologies to the group for dragging all the
trash in from the kooks group .
--
Snag

It's not your fault. 13 year old Burka Boy has been disrupting the
home repair group for some time now. I don't know why or where it
came from so I just ignore it. Unfortunately, there is no way to
kill-file trolls with Google Groups. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Spurn Monster

The term "ignore" is a word many lack in self control.

I think Burka Boy or one of the other trolls must have said something
offensive about TC's wife. The trolls keep pushing different buttons
hoping they hit one that gets a reaction. That attack doesn't work on
me because all my buttons fell off. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Buttonless Monster

One of them did , but it was so obviously false (about my wife anyway)
that it just made me laugh .
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/24/16 5:20 PM, ChairMan wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked
the
distribution ... my apologies to the group for dragging
all the trash
in from the kooks group .

just KF him and you won't be tempted by his stupidity

Thunderbird has a nice feature where you can not only KF a troll, but
ignore the thread or subthread that follows its post. This way you not
only get rid of the idiot, but all of the other idiots who feed it.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked
the
distribution ... my apologies to the group for dragging
all the trash
in from the kooks group .

just KF him and you won't be tempted by his stupidity

Thunderbird has a nice feature where you can not only KF a troll, but
ignore the thread or subthread that follows its post. This way you not
only get rid of the idiot, but all of the other idiots who feed it.

Jon

How do you use that feature?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

It was still rude, uncalled for and a violation of uncodified newsgroup etiquette which is to never attack anyone's family member unless that person is posting to Usenet and can reply to the insult thus defend themselves. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Attack Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Most of us follow that rule and the ones that do not should be just ignored and they will leave.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

The real question one needs to ask is...is it true?

Your mother wears army boots!
You suck dick!
I had sex with your wife, GF, mother, etc!

The list is endless and I can't believe some people allow mere words to
offend them, of course, unless it's true.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Yeah, well, your mother sucks your girlfriend's army boots. So there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

U R SO MEAN! o_O

[8~{} Uncle Offended Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/25/16 7:29 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 8/25/2016 6:21 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:

Thunderbird has a nice feature where you can not only KF a troll, but
ignore the thread or subthread that follows its post. This way you not
only get rid of the idiot, but all of the other idiots who feed it.

How do you use that feature?

Click the offending name in the header box at the top of the message
pane, click "Create Filter From", and in the resulting box select
"Ignore subthread" from the "Perform these actions" dialog. Hit "OK",
then in the next window that opens up hit "Run Now" to make it happen
manually.

Messages that the new rule applies to will appear marked initially, but
on subsequent loads they will not even appear once.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/25/16 12:27 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 8/25/16 7:29 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 8/25/2016 6:21 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:

Thunderbird has a nice feature where you can not only KF a troll, but
ignore the thread or subthread that follows its post. This way you not
only get rid of the idiot, but all of the other idiots who feed it.

How do you use that feature?

Click the offending name in the header box at the top of the message
pane, click "Create Filter From", and in the resulting box select
"Ignore subthread" from the "Perform these actions" dialog. Hit "OK",
then in the next window that opens up hit "Run Now" to make it happen
manually.

Messages that the new rule applies to will appear marked initially, but
on subsequent loads they will not even appear once.

Jon

Another way, at least with a Mac, is to click the message heading
at the top of the screen. The window will open with options including
ignore thread.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/24/2016 03:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked the distribution
... my apologies to the group for dragging all the trash in from the kooks
group .

I kill filed his ass
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

You meanie! I NEVER....knew my gf had army boots.
Posted to alt.home.repair

T wrote:
On 08/24/2016 03:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked the
distribution ... my apologies to the group for dragging all the
trash in from the kooks group .

I kill filed his ass

He's in my troll cave too , but for some reason with OE even people that
are killfiled will show up in a watched thread ,
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/2016 6:18 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
T wrote:
On 08/24/2016 03:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked the
distribution ... my apologies to the group for dragging all the
trash in from the kooks group .

I kill filed his ass

He's in my troll cave too , but for some reason with OE even people that
are killfiled will show up in a watched thread ,

Dittos. He's one of the nicer trolls as he does not nym shift like many
and is easily kf'ed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:
On 8/26/2016 4:18 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
T wrote:
On 08/24/2016 03:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked the
distribution ... my apologies to the group for dragging all the
trash in from the kooks group .

I kill filed his ass

He's in my troll cave too , but for some reason with OE even
people that are killfiled will show up in a watched thread ,

You god damned trolls, get off my lawn.

Those aren't trolls , Grumpy . Them's Gnomes , and they bring good luck .
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

T wrote:
On 08/24/2016 03:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked the
distribution ... my apologies to the group for dragging all the
trash in from the kooks group .

I kill filed his ass

He's in my troll cave too , but for some reason with OE even people
that
are killfiled will show up in a watched thread ,

You god damned trolls, get off my lawn.

Ya, Ya, you trolls get off my lawn too! You, you,
why am I writing this again? I have a lawn?
Is Teddy still president? I hate it when this
happens!

:-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/26/2016 06:43 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Those aren't trolls , Grumpy . Them's Gnomes , and they bring good luck .

Yup. You wait for the head of the home owner's association
to go on vacation, then you populate his front lawn with
the things. A few glow in the dark lawn toads glued to
his garage doesn't hurt either.

Might not bring good luck, might actually bring retaliation,
but it would bring a grin to one's face.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/2016 5:18 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
T wrote:
On 08/24/2016 03:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked the
distribution ... my apologies to the group for dragging all the
trash in from the kooks group .

I kill filed his ass

He's in my troll cave too , but for some reason with OE even people that
are killfiled will show up in a watched thread ,

Wonder what your filter rule actually is because no one in my filters
show up.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

T wrote:
On 08/24/2016 03:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked the
distribution ... my apologies to the group for dragging all the
trash in from the kooks group .

I kill filed his ass

He's in my troll cave too , but for some reason with OE even
people that are killfiled will show up in a watched thread ,

Wonder what your filter rule actually is because no one in my filters
show up.

I don't always set up filters , just hit the "block sender" button after
clicking on "message" at the top and deleting posts from the sender .
Filtering would probably work better ...
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

T wrote:
On 08/24/2016 03:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked the
distribution ... my apologies to the group for dragging all the
trash in from the kooks group .

I kill filed his ass

He's in my troll cave too , but for some reason with OE even
people that are killfiled will show up in a watched thread ,

Wonder what your filter rule actually is because no one in my filters
show up.

I don't always set up filters , just hit the "block sender" button after
clicking on "message" at the top and deleting posts from the sender .
Filtering would probably work better ...

I tried that a few times and I guess it worked ok, but, then I got a
little techie burr under my saddle and played with the filter to see
what I could do with it. LOL

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

T wrote:
On 08/24/2016 03:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked the
distribution ... my apologies to the group for dragging all
the trash in from the kooks group .

I kill filed his ass

He's in my troll cave too , but for some reason with OE even
people that are killfiled will show up in a watched thread ,

Wonder what your filter rule actually is because no one in my
filters show up.

I don't always set up filters , just hit the "block sender"

The block sender button is using a primitive 'filter' of sorts.
So when you use it, you're doing some very basic filtering on the
poster. I don't use the same app, so I can't tell you if it's going
by username and/or email address and/or both.

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That
Posted to alt.home.repair

Muggles

T wrote:
On 08/24/2016 03:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Than to respond to Colonel Troll . And I shoulda checked
the
distribution ... my apologies to the group for dragging all
the trash in from the kooks group .

I kill filed his ass

He's in my troll cave too , but for some reason with OE even
people that are killfiled will show up in a watched thread ,

Wonder what your filter rule actually is because no one in my
filters show up.

I don't always set up filters , just hit the "block sender"
button after
clicking on "message" at the top and deleting posts from the
sender . Filtering would probably work better ...

I tried that a few times and I guess it worked ok, but, then I got
a little techie burr under my saddle and played with the filter to
see what I could do with it. LOL

*rofl* a techie burr? Jenn, at no time in the years I've known you
have I thought for even a brief nanosecond that you were techie.
Script kiddie with an over inflated sense of entitlement. Inability
to logically defend ones' position in a debate, but, techie? LOL!