john smith

Default Shoulda gone for it...

Was watching ebay the other day when a set of Lie Nielsen A2 tools steel
chisels with leather pouch came up for auction. First thing I noticed was
they had rosewood handles. Hmmm, Lie Nielsen doesn't offer a set with
rosewood handles, atleast their site doesn't list one. So I think it must
be something up with this one. That night I go to my woodworkers guild
meeting and low and behold the Canadian LN rep is there with a set of
chisels with rosewood handles. The set on ebay was listed as a buy it now
for $175. The set I was told by the rep retails for $275 and going up soon
to $350. Thats probab;y the best deal on ebay I've seen yet. And to top it
off the guy had paypal buyer protection set up so there was little if any
risk. Shoulda gone for it.

AAvK

Was watching ebay the other day when a set of Lie Nielsen A2 tools steel
chisels with leather pouch came up for auction. First thing I noticed was
they had rosewood handles. Hmmm, Lie Nielsen doesn't offer a set with
rosewood handles, atleast their site doesn't list one. So I think it must
be something up with this one. That night I go to my woodworkers guild
meeting and low and behold the Canadian LN rep is there with a set of
chisels with rosewood handles. The set on ebay was listed as a buy it now
for $175. The set I was told by the rep retails for $275 and going up soon
to $350. Thats probab;y the best deal on ebay I've seen yet. And to top it
off the guy had paypal buyer protection set up so there was little if any
risk. Shoulda gone for it.

Yeah Mr. smith? Please, if you have that auction page in your watch list or bookmarked
in your browser, do us all a favor and reply with the auction number or the link. Some of
us would like to take a gander at it, cool? The auction numbers work in the eBay search
engine. Much appreciated.

Alex

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

AAvK wrote:
Yeah Mr. smith? Please, if you have that auction page in your watch list or
bookmarked in your browser, do us all a favor and reply with the auction
number or the link. Some of us would like to take a gander at it, cool? The
auction numbers work in the eBay search engine. Much appreciated.

Just for ****s and giggles, I just went to ebay and typed in "Lie Nielsen" in
their search window. I got 18 returns. However they were all for planes.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com

AAvK

Just for ****s and giggles, I just went to ebay and typed in "Lie Nielsen" in
their search window. I got 18 returns. However they were all for planes.

Did the same too. Couldn't find those chisels. Personally I would not buy
them with roswood handles, if it's the same as was used for Stanley planes
totes and knobs then dessert ironwood is much stronger for taking repeated
mallet blows over the years. Boxwood is excellent too, another ironwood
is Ipe (IpeŽ ? eepay?) / greenheart which you can get on Harris socket chisels
currently made. Oh but that L-N A2 steel... !

Alex

WoodMangler

You guys must not have searched for completed auctions.
Auction # was 6122900447
Looks like it was a good deal! Someone snagged these about two hours after
the auction started.

Russ

AAvK

You guys must not have searched for completed auctions.
Auction # was 6122900447
Looks like it was a good deal! Someone snagged these about two hours after
the auction started.

So that's the ticket then, search for completed auctions. Thanks Russ. Frankly I really
don't think they're worth it. And the price will go UP??? When Harris tools (eBay:
tingosa) is selling sets of 8 *socket* chrome mangenese chisels in a custom wooden
box and cocabolo handles, it's a much better deal.

Alex

john smith

you have to do a search for completed items in the advanced search options.
Make sure you're on ebay.com or it may not come up. But I did the search
for ya - item # 6122900447
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in message
. com...
AAvK wrote:
Yeah Mr. smith? Please, if you have that auction page in your watch list

or
bookmarked in your browser, do us all a favor and reply with the auction
number or the link. Some of us would like to take a gander at it, cool?

The
auction numbers work in the eBay search engine. Much appreciated.

Just for ****s and giggles, I just went to ebay and typed in "Lie Nielsen"

in
their search window. I got 18 returns. However they were all for planes.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com

patriarch

"AAvK" wrote in news:F7Qbd.7011$bk1.595@fed1read05:

snip
Frankly I really don't think they're worth it. And the price will go
UP??? When Harris tools (eBay: tingosa) is selling sets of 8 *socket*
chrome mangenese chisels in a custom wooden box and cocabolo handles,
it's a much better deal.

Your opinion of "a better deal" may vary from others. These are really
sweet chisels, at least with the standard hornbeam handles.

Patriarch
AAvK

Your opinion of "a better deal" may vary from others. These are really
sweet chisels, at least with the standard hornbeam handles.

And no one can say otherwise. Not even me, but they are hugely expensive.
So, take a look at the Harris set, see how they are made and what they cost
in a dutch auction from the maker, and see the the recent feedbacks.
6124982969

Alex