Posted to alt.home.repair

Default broken piston rod

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 11:17:44 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 17:14:37 +0100, Scott Lurndal wrote:

bob_villain writes:
On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 9:39:43 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 15:18:56 +0100, bob_villain wr=
ote:
=20
On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 7:42:55 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

http://www.lawnmowerguide.co.uk/Guid...ic_Mowers.aspx
"An electric lawn mower is still suitable for large gardens as range i=
s only limited to the length of extension lead you can get, and there are a=
lso powerful models available."

A lead is for walking the dog...a cord is an electrical extension.
=20
No, a cord is a piece of string, something like you'd pull a blind down w=
ith to keep the sun out of your window. Actually, we mostly just say "an e=
xtension", the context makes it obvious it's for electricity. Dunno why so=
me people say lead - normally the wire is called a wire or a flex.
=20
--=20
Is an infirmary a place for people who can't get it up?

There is reinforcing in an electrical extension...that's why it's called a =
cord. You didn't even mention a lead for a dog...maybe you have no opinion?=
Fat chance of that!

Jeez. Would you guys take your cross-the-pond what do words mean
pointless, useless argument back to the playground?

He started it. And.... he's an American. All Americans are childish.
--

We Americans are so childish that we'll come running when our English cousins need help. In the meantime we'll call you names on the world playground. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Childish Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/12/2016 03:01 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
If you have a couple of acres, that's a field, why not put cattle on it
or a horse?

A horse would starve on one of the 5 acre McMansions around here without
supplemental feed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 20:51:26 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 07/12/2016 03:01 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
If you have a couple of acres, that's a field, why not put cattle on it
or a horse?

A horse would starve on one of the 5 acre McMansions around here without
supplemental feed.

100 acres. 95 under cultivation (plus another 100 acres a few miles
away), 2 barns, a driving shed and house in the other 5 acres, plus
the "lane" or "driveway" - with manicured lawnsaround the building,
and beside the lane out to the road.. Used to run 40+ dairy cattle
plus another20+ young cattle but the folks have retired from farming.
Their daughter and her husband are leaving the military and moving
"home" to take over the farm, so there will be about 1300 square feet
less grass when the"garden suite" (second home) is planted for the old
folks. Lots of very beautifull flower gardens, trees and shrubs as
well (they are very active in the local horticultural society)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 22:09:23 -0700 (PDT), Deodiaus
wrote:

see http://memphis.craigslist.org/grd/5678750036.html
I was thinking of building a backcast out of plaster on the outside or just
sand to keep it from melting away in case I get too hot. Then just heat it
up from the inside to reseal the hole.

If you're serious about this, you're wasting your time. Once you blow a
rod on a small engine, that engine is trash. Either buy a new engine, or
a short block and replace the top parts yourself.
Yes, a professional engine shop might be able to salvage what you have,
but it will be very costly and they are not going to repair the block,
they will just replace it, probably replace the crankshaft, as well as
the piston, rod, and so on. By the time they are done, it will likely
cost more than a short block or new engine.
That old block is nothing more than scrap metal to be melted down into
something new. Send it to a recycle center. You may even get a few bucks
for it.

Of course the easiest solution is to send the whole mower to a recycling
place and just buy a new lawn mower.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 posted for all of us...

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 8:42:55 AM UTC-4, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 04:08:24 +0100, Unquestionably Confused wrote:

On 7/11/2016 8:02 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 00:44:18 +0100, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

On 7/11/2016 9:36 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 15:24:02 +0100, Taxed and Spent
wrote:

[snip]

go ahead and laugh, until the generator throws a rod.

I don't have a generator.

I just can't see you as the laughing type.

I laugh at people with busted lawnmower engines.

How long does it take you with that electric lawnmower, James? Granted,
you can cover 100 square feet of lawn (or do you insist on using metric
equivalent) in a short amount of time.

Size of mower is not equal to type of mower power unit.

Of course it isn't equal. It is, however, dependent upon the size. Try
running a 60" ZTR mower with either a battery or electrical cord.

Electric mowers are just the thing for a table top "city" lawn. When
you start keeping acres manicured. . . not so much.

http://www.lawnmowerguide.co.uk/Guid...ic_Mowers.aspx
"An electric lawn mower is still suitable for large gardens as range is only limited to the length of extension lead you can get, and there are also powerful models available."

Large "garden" is what, 1000 sq meters? Try using that extension cord on
an acre or two and see how it goes. BTW, this is a riding mower we're talking
about. You see riding electric mowers with power cords dragging behind
much?

No worries this sod would soon have the cord wrapped around his neck or run
over the cord with exciting results. Either way problem solved.

T4 don't feed this troll...

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 23:45:25 +0100, bob_villain wrote:

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 5:01:15 PM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 22:25:20 +0100, bob_villain wrote:

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 4:02:05 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:44:38 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain
wrote:

Except to be legal here it would also need to have a green wire in
it.

Thanks for your support...that is the ****ing picture I found, rather than splitting one of my cords to take a picture! Jesus!

You need marijuana.

You need an enema...with extreme prejudice.

Who let you out of the gay bar?

--
A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob_villain writes:
[...]

At no time in the past have we needed your help.

--
A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 03:51:26 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 07/12/2016 03:01 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
If you have a couple of acres, that's a field, why not put cattle on it
or a horse?

A horse would starve on one of the 5 acre McMansions around here without
supplemental feed.

Funny, horse handbooks say 1 acre minimum grazing per horse.

--
Confucius say: "If you park, don't drink, accidents cause people."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Snob :-P

--
A friend will help you move house, a good friend will help you move a body.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You need to refer to a previous thread I was in, where *I* was the only one that knew how to cut a lawn without the cord ever being in the way of the next pass.

T4 don't feed this troll...

Where "troll" = someone with a different opinion to yours. Grow up.

--
A friend will help you move house, a good friend will help you move a body.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Boy - the best asvice I've ever seen from our coloufull Bovine
Friend!!! Got it right dead on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/13/2016 02:46 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 03:51:26 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 07/12/2016 03:01 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
If you have a couple of acres, that's a field, why not put cattle on it
or a horse?

A horse would starve on one of the 5 acre McMansions around here without
supplemental feed.

Funny, horse handbooks say 1 acre minimum grazing per horse.

A 2 year old is equivalent to 1 AUM, a mature horse 1.25. Depending on
the soil type, on a normal year around here you might get .25 AUM/acre
for native range, a little more for irrigated land. Of course, you would
want to divide your land into rotational plots to assure a feed supply
throughout the growing season but you're not going to be making hay from
any of them. During the winter months you'll need to feed out about 25
pounds of hay per day, more when the temperatures head towards 0F. Say 4
months or 120 days, you'll be feeding a ton and a half of hay that
you'll have to buy. Good years you might pay $100/ton. bad years it
might be twice that.

Of course on 5 acres you'll also be in the waste management business.
That 25 pounds of forage turns into 25 pounds of horse**** which will
turn your pasture sour if you just leave it lie.

The driest parts of the UK get about twice as much rain as we get on a
good year. Irrigate heavily, choose grass species to plant wisely, have
good soil, and the 5 acre horse may not be too boney.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

No, because we're not big fat yanks that like to sit down to do everything. You want fries with that?

I knew a dolly bird who used to give me 'fat yanks' to my piston rod. She
had such a cute accent also... I could only imagine you sound exactly like
her when you talk!

--
Heaven forbid that we allow men and women to become heroes.
Too many regulations exist to keep cowards from being embarrassed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

We seem to have one in Scotland:
https://www.just-eat.co.uk/restauran...nkees-hamilton

--
If one of the questions in a GCSE exam was "express 4.8% as a fraction", most would write "low battery".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 12:44:32 AM UTC-4, wrote:

Of course the easiest solution is to send the whole mower to a recycling
place and just buy a new lawn mower.....

Maybe the truck could pick up Danny's fridge on the way?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 02:40:07 +0100, rbowman wrote:

[...]

There's no such thing as a dry part of the UK. And haven't you invented irrigation?

--
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/14/2016 06:58 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

There's no such thing as a dry part of the UK. And haven't you invented
irrigation?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/learning...rain-in-the-uk

Drier... 600 mm is still roughly twice what we can expect. Yes, we've
discovered irrigation, assuming you actually have water to irrigate
with. A river flows through the valley and there is an extensive network
of irrigation ditches. Get up on the benches a couple of hundred feet
above the valley and water isn't that easy to come by. Even on the flat
land a lot of the McMansion lots that were subdivided from old ranches
do not come with water rights.

And, no, I'm not going to get into water laws in the western US. Suffice
it to say where water is a scarce commodity without a well defined legal
structure in the good old days you'd just go kill the ******* who dammed
the creek flowing through your property.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You derive pleasure from people who suffer the misfortune
of having a "petrol" fueled small engine fail.

What about people who have a "petrol" fueled ELECTRICAL
GENERATOR (1, 3, 5, 7 KW etc.) that fails?

In 1998 North Eastern North America was hit with a massive
ice storm. Rural areas of Quebec were without electricity
for a MONTH. The temperatures dropped past MINUS 30 C for
weeks. Unlike Moggy-woggy land, where the cold-weather-wimp
dolly-birds live, we use central heating in N.E.N.A..
Regardless of the fuel used to heat, electricity is necessary
to operate the central heating system.

Hundreds of hundreds of gas (petrol) gens were bought to
prevent, "FREEZING TO ****IN' DEATH!". 50% of those
gens were 'THROWING PISTON RODS' within 3 to 4 hours of
use. HA, HA, HA... Ya real funny ****tard. Tell me why
those gens were 'throwing' the rods? That very large and
funny Scot, Robbie Coltrane, could figure it out. Can you
dolly-bird? Nuttin' personal, but at minus 30 C... ya only
got a few hours to figure a solution... because the ****in'
water pipes are goin' to freeze. Give the solution.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Not properly broken in -or wrong oil for the conditions

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Nope.

--
Holding a large machine hammer in front of the camera, Robbie
Coltrane said, "This is an Edinburgh spanner!". Planes, Trains,
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/15/2016 06:25 PM, wrote:
Not properly broken in -or wrong oil for the conditions

Or they were the finest Chung King generators from Harbor Freight...
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob_villain writes:
[...]

You failed your history courses in school I see. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle History Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob_villain writes:
[...]

You might have given help but we didn't need it. And you were protecting yourselves and your own interests anyway.

--
He was a very clumsy lover. So the girl had to put him in her place.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/16/2016 07:26 AM, M.A. Stewart wrote:
OT: I bumped into a guy at a car show with a vintage
1930's Ford 2 Ton truck. It had the original split-rim
wheels on it. He had shod it with six 'Double Happiness'
brand tube-type bias-ply truck tires. I asked him about
the tires... he became un-happy. I then asked him what
he paid for tires... he became happy again.

I used to run bias plies on my pickup. Despite their drawbacks they were
more durable on the sort of terrain that tends to eat radial sidewalls.
I gave up about 15 years ago when I couldn't find any for a reasonable
price.

I ran Cheng Shins on one bike because they offered the old 'universal'
tread which was a good compromise between street and dirt oriented
tires, and I have Kendas on the enduro now. Both are Taiwan companies
that have manufacturing facilities on the mainland. They are less
expensive than other brands but I've found after you balance tire life
against cost they're not outstanding deals.
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob_villain writes:
[...]

OK, the next time there's a worldwide crisis that threatens The UK, we'll tell your leaders that you said they don't need any help from us backward colonists. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Laughing Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob_villain writes:
[...]

If it's a *worldwide* crisis, then you'll act anyway as it affects the USA too.

--
If god is so amazing, why did the dinosaurs die out?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I don't have that either. I get my electricity from our National Grid. They have 1000s of generators all throughout the UK, they can't all fail at once. And none of them use petrol.

Stop being such a ****ing pussy. Stick a jacket on. Melt the snow in your hands to drink. Think for yourself.

--
Some people's brains are purely for life support purposes only.
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob_villain writes:
[...]

Once we get the Affirmative Action (Positive Discrimination) Moron out of our White House, we'll rebuild our military and Executive Branch so we can handle any challenge that comes our way. We will also help our neighbors as we always have. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Smug Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

Who the **** voted for a foreigner?

we'll rebuild our military and Executive Branch so we can handle any challenge that comes our way. We will also help our neighbors as we always have. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Smug Monster

You only "help" neighbours if you think your oil supply is at risk.

--
Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob_villain writes:
[...]

You can't be that ill informed. Do you not read the news? North America is awash with petroleum and full of other sources of energy. o_O

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ertaking-saudi

http://tinyurl.com/z7mfpxs

[8~{} Uncle Smugger Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob_villain writes:
[...]

Everybody knows you blow up Arabs to protect oil. Or maybe it's to destroy theirs?

--
A woman storms into her boss's office with this complaint:
"All the other women in the office are suing you for sexual harassment.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 17:09:55 +0100, "James Wilkinson"
wrote:

Everybody knows you blow up Arabs to protect oil. Or maybe it's to destroy theirs?

Everybody knows you are an Idiot. Who discovered oil in Saudi Arabia?

America now has the largest reserves. You Brits suck at blaming
America,

Londonistain was burning. Winston loved us in America. Do some
research, idiot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Everybody knows you blow up Arabs to protect oil. Or maybe it's to destroy theirs?

Everybody knows you are an Idiot. Who discovered oil in Saudi Arabia?

America now has the largest reserves. You Brits suck at blaming
America,

Londonistain was burning. Winston loved us in America. Do some
research, idiot.

Yeah yeah America would really spend billions to protect another country just to be nice. no sane government would ever do that. It's common knowledge that everything you did in Iraq was to protect oil.

--
If you lose your keys, attempt to drown yourself in a basin of water. Your life will flash before your eyes. Eventually you'll remember the part where you last had your keys.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Everybody knows you blow up Arabs to protect oil. Or maybe it's to destroy theirs?

Everybody knows you are an Idiot. Who discovered oil in Saudi Arabia?

America now has the largest reserves. You Brits suck at blaming
America,

Londonistain was burning. Winston loved us in America. Do some
research, idiot.

Yeah yeah America would really spend billions to protect another country just to be nice. no sane government would ever do that. It's common knowledge that everything you did in Iraq was to protect oil.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

We spent money to build and sell cruise missiles to you dumb asses You
ran out of Libya, bitches. Like the American Revolution when you
tucked tail, turned coat and sailed home for tea and crumpets.

You poor idiots need to figure it out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Everybody knows you blow up Arabs to protect oil. Or maybe it's to destroy theirs?

Everybody knows you are an Idiot. Who discovered oil in Saudi Arabia?

America now has the largest reserves. You Brits suck at blaming
America,

Londonistain was burning. Winston loved us in America. Do some
research, idiot.

Yeah yeah America would really spend billions to protect another country just to be nice. no sane government would ever do that. It's common knowledge that everything you did in Iraq was to protect oil.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

We spent money to build and sell cruise missiles to you dumb asses

You sell weapons for profit to the highest bidder, then they end up fighting you with your own weapons. How stupid can you get? Mind you, you shoot your own people with "friendly fire" anyway.

You
ran out of Libya, bitches. Like the American Revolution when you
tucked tail, turned coat and sailed home for tea and crumpets.

You poor idiots need to figure it out.

I see no reason to fight anyone who isn't invading the UK.

--
What lives in the sea, and goes dah di dah dit, dah dah dit dah?
A morse cod.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Everybody knows you blow up Arabs to protect oil. Or maybe it's to destroy theirs?

Everybody knows you are an Idiot. Who discovered oil in Saudi Arabia?

America now has the largest reserves. You Brits suck at blaming
America,

Londonistain was burning. Winston loved us in America. Do some
research, idiot.

Yeah yeah America would really spend billions to protect another country just to be nice. no sane government would ever do that. It's common knowledge that everything you did in Iraq was to protect oil.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

We spent money to build and sell cruise missiles to you dumb asses You
ran out of Libya, bitches. Like the American Revolution when you
tucked tail, turned coat and sailed home for tea and crumpets.

You poor idiots need to figure it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7rGIJZK6sA

They're slow learners, can't even shoot up wogs anymore.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/17/2016 01:25 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
I see no reason to fight anyone who isn't invading the UK.

Where were you when the Moslems conquered London?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 21:53:09 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 07/17/2016 01:25 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
I see no reason to fight anyone who isn't invading the UK.

Where were you when the Moslems conquered London?

Never happened.

--
It turns out a Chinese food deliveryman who was thought to be missing, was actually stuck in a Manhattan apartment building elevator for 4 days.
The man is ok, but the building's owner is charging him $1,500 rent.

how hot should an piston air compressor get Ashton Crusher[_2_] Home Repair 9 October 14th 09 06:42 PM
piston pouring Jerry Wass Metalworking 0 February 11th 09 12:24 AM
What's your Piston Count? Vortex UK diy 44 January 19th 07 12:31 AM
Lawnboy piston help fish Home Repair 34 December 5th 05 11:47 AM
Piston Hinge?? Rob V Woodworking 5 October 20th 05 01:06 PM