Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default broken piston rod

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 23:57:59 +0100, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 11:17:44 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 17:14:37 +0100, Scott Lurndal wrote:

bob_villain writes:
On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 9:39:43 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 15:18:56 +0100, bob_villain wr=
ote:
=20
On Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 7:42:55 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

http://www.lawnmowerguide.co.uk/Guid...ic_Mowers.aspx
"An electric lawn mower is still suitable for large gardens as range i=
s only limited to the length of extension lead you can get, and there are a=
lso powerful models available."

A lead is for walking the dog...a cord is an electrical extension.
=20
No, a cord is a piece of string, something like you'd pull a blind down w=
ith to keep the sun out of your window. Actually, we mostly just say "an e=
xtension", the context makes it obvious it's for electricity. Dunno why so=
me people say lead - normally the wire is called a wire or a flex.
=20
--=20
Is an infirmary a place for people who can't get it up?

There is reinforcing in an electrical extension...that's why it's called a =
cord. You didn't even mention a lead for a dog...maybe you have no opinion?=
Fat chance of that!

Jeez. Would you guys take your cross-the-pond what do words mean
pointless, useless argument back to the playground?

He started it. And.... he's an American. All Americans are childish.
--

We Americans are so childish that we'll come running when our English cousins need help. In the meantime we'll call you names on the world playground. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Childish Monster

At no time in the past have we needed your help.

--
A man's home is his castle, in a manor of speaking.